Still an AoE spam game?

"
maryn wrote:
wtf why would you want to use single target skill vs hordes of opponents in chaos when you have goodly melee aoe skills ?

By your logic, you're saying:

"Why experiment, actually beta test the Closed Beta and provide feedback, when you can do what the rest of us are doing?"
"
maryn wrote:
wtf why would you want to use single target skill vs hordes of opponents in chaos when you have goodly melee aoe skills ?

"
polkaman wrote:

"Why experiment, actually beta test the Closed Beta and provide feedback, when you can do what the rest of us are doing?"

use aoe skills against multiple opponents

use single-target skills against single opponents

all classes have both types of skills

i don't see why there is any need to argue about it
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
maryn wrote:

"
polkaman wrote:

use aoe skills against multiple opponents

use single-target skills against single opponents

all classes have both types of skills

i don't see why there is any need to argue about it

that was my point
IGN Crakk
"
Strill wrote:
Witches only have two particularly good spells at the moment - Ice Spear and Firestorm.

lol what?
Yeah its only logical. The hack/slash genre has, to my experience, always been about AOE for the trash and single target for the big bosses... Well any RPG action game has this actually, and its a good thing

What they need to do is get more skills to be viable, as some skills might work, but when they work at 50% of what the other skill would its no good
"
polkaman wrote:
"
maryn wrote:

What idiot uses a single target skill against 20 monsters? That's not testing, that's intentionally playing badly.

"
Strill wrote:
Witches only have two particularly good spells at the moment - Ice Spear and Firestorm. They work well as AoE in early levels, but once you get around to the Maelstrom of Chaos, enemies have enough hp (or I have so little damage) that I have to use them mostly as single-target attacks.

Firestorm is only viable because a chaos gem triples its damage. Other spells do not get their damage tripled so they are useless (except for ice spear because it is a guaranteed crit).
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
yea its good but when your only using 2 spells from normal all the way to choas,it gets a bit boring, simple add more aoe dmge spells :)
Only just got my invite, gonna have a long session today but from my own reasonable experience of numerous loot based ARPGs, AOE is always the number 1 priority to deal with trash mobs, its part of what makes these games appealling, churning through hordes of crud to find the big bad guys who take a bit more beating, Acts 2 and 3 in Diablo 2 illustrate this perfectly.

Both those areas were almost impossible to traverse with any sanity left without some decent AOE damage. AOE has always been the goto damage type for APRGs with single target being more for bosses and suchlike.
"
BrotherLaz wrote:
"
polkaman wrote:
"
maryn wrote:

What idiot uses a single target skill against 20 monsters? That's not testing, that's intentionally playing badly.

"
Strill wrote:
Witches only have two particularly good spells at the moment - Ice Spear and Firestorm. They work well as AoE in early levels, but once you get around to the Maelstrom of Chaos, enemies have enough hp (or I have so little damage) that I have to use them mostly as single-target attacks.

Firestorm is only viable because a chaos gem triples its damage. Other spells do not get their damage tripled so they are useless (except for ice spear because it is a guaranteed crit).

I am that idiot and the skill is called Flicker Strike :D

Heh. Well, flicker strike is probably the OP exception.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info