How's marauder these days?

"
2. At higher levels with chained support gems, skills like groundslam and sweep can cost upwards of 40 mana. Your mana pool will not scale with this increase

Divine Mana potions will. EASILY.

40 mana a cast is peanuts.
Last edited by konfeta on Jan 11, 2012, 11:04:46 PM
"
konfeta wrote:
"
2. At higher levels with chained support gems, skills like groundslam and sweep can cost upwards of 40 mana. Your mana pool will not scale with this increase

Divine Mana potions will. EASILY.

40 mana a cast is peanuts.

Ya, but with a mana pool of 240, you'll be constantly chugging. I just got blood magic on my 56 marauder and I am very very thankful for it. Never drink a potion unless I sit tanking a hard-hitting rare or two.

There is no downside to getting blood magic. Every time you use an offensive ability, you will recouperate far more health than you would spend.

ASIDE: For those of you using warlords mark, you probably won't need blood magic. But, imo, enfeeble is a far superior curse for a 2h marauder.
You can go for almost all builds if you use the following skills.

Aura = Warlord's Mark

Skill: Ground Slam

Support gems for ground slam = +phys, +fire, +Elemental

Cast Warlord's Mark first on targets and kite around while ground slamming like there was no tomorrow.

Ez mode for sure always full health and always enough mana :D
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
"
Plethora wrote:

Ya, but with a mana pool of 240, you'll be constantly chugging.

Not if you find some pots with slow recovery times, that way over the course of say 10 seconds you will gain around 5 times your full mana capacity as long as you keep spamming and stop your mana pool reaching maximum its like perma mana regen.

EDIT: Not saying its not a powerful combo btw (blood magic/resolute) just seems a bit overkill to me when you could be better off spending the points you use for blood magic in damage skills.
Last edited by RodHull on Jan 12, 2012, 2:17:46 PM
"
RodHull wrote:
you could be better off spending the points you use for blood magic in damage skills.

Damage nodes for marauders are overrated. Strength gives 1% damage for every 5 points, therefore at high levels you will have +60% damage from strength alone. A 6% increase on this (and the other damage increases you have) works out to only changing your damage output by about 3%.

The strength, dex, and intelligence nodes you pick up on the way to blood magic are all useful. Intelligence so you can use high level enfeeble or vulnerability, dex so you can use high level blood rage. Once you reach the middle of the skill forest, you can pick up the 30/30/30 nodes along with blood magic (I did).

If you plan on not using enfeeble, vulnerability, blood rage, or any int/dex gems, and are running warlords mark as a curse, then I agree, it's probably more wise to spend points elsewhere.
"
Plethora wrote:
"
RodHull wrote:
you could be better off spending the points you use for blood magic in damage skills.

Damage nodes for marauders are overrated. Strength gives 1% damage for every 5 points, therefore at high levels you will have +60% damage from strength alone. A 6% increase on this (and the other damage increases you have) works out to only changing your damage output by about 3%.

The strength, dex, and intelligence nodes you pick up on the way to blood magic are all useful. Intelligence so you can use high level enfeeble or vulnerability, dex so you can use high level blood rage. Once you reach the middle of the skill forest, you can pick up the 30/30/30 nodes along with blood magic (I did).

If you plan on not using enfeeble, vulnerability, blood rage, or any int/dex gems, and are running warlords mark as a curse, then I agree, it's probably more wise to spend points elsewhere.

Fair points I suppose, wasnt challenging you btw, im still new to the beta so was genuinely wondering. Still I have had no need for blood magic so far, even with just 13.5 life regen per sec and 4% life leeching im pretty much cakewalking everything. In fact my build is pretty gimped in general (as you expect for your first toon) but it being beta I wanted to experiment a bit and still I have seen no need for blood magic even once yet (level 34 currently)
"
RodHull wrote:
I wanted to experiment a bit and still I have seen no need for blood magic even once yet (level 34 currently)
It's not exactly that there has to be a 'need' for it. Afterall, it's designed to simply be a convenience skill. You can easily get by without it, but just know that you can get by even more easily with it because of how it synergizes with so many passives. Health and Health Recovery generally receives much larger bonuses and is much easier to obtain than the corresponding Mana alternatives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info