my thoughts so far.

i just want to write my thoughts so far about the game, i cant tell my friends because they'll have no idea what im talking about, and im not going to go against the beta rules, so ill post here.

first off i wanna say this is one of the best hack & slash games ive ever played. instead of having classes that have linear progression and can only go 1 or maybe 2 ways, there's an intense customization thought process that can make characters go any which way depending on how and where you want to go in the game. you can't think that your first character is going to be perfect and have all the stats you want the first time around. you need to make at least 3 or 4 of different classes to see which one you'll enjoy the most. i love the fact that this game has planning and strategy to it that i thoroughly enjoy and hope many more skills and possibly passive skills will be added. (more minions :D)

secondly i want more minions types. my necro-witch is pretty fun with specters and zombies but it needs more kinds of evil underlings to be summoned and customized. specters can have a ranged attack, but you need to kill archers or magi to get them which is tricky when you have none around in the instance you're on. and since the ranged enemies have low enough health without the 50%-70% health and damage reduction they die very quickly.
maybe some ghosts that heal other minions?
or skeleton archers?
imps that shoot elemental damage perhaps?
and on another note, there needs to be numbers over the skill icons. my zombies run off and never come back so i cant tell if i have any left.

on a brighter note, the leveling up of items and characters is very smooth and well balanced. ive spent half an hour deciding where to put 1 passive skillpoint just to see where the path it's on goes to. and then the gems leveling up is simple so my brain can relax when im not setting my character up for rest of it's life. but i still want more minions, and minion passive skills.

and staying on the brighter note, i love the huge variety of monsters so far. the monkeys that summon other monkeys and the crabs that crate a ranged monster when they die is brilliant. and the random bosses make it so much better than other games.

one of the biggest flaws though with the monsters is that it can get clogged when you have a swarm of minions attacking for you. please make it so that you can't target your own minions because im having horrible problems with being able to attack monsters at the moment.

thanks for reading! i know if someone else posted something with more than a paragraph i wouldnt be able to read though it.
Diviner's Strongbox: An Exile's CCG
Or in the very least, make a skeletal knight/lord type minion that you can only get to a MAXIMUM of 2. Then add some sort of necrotic healing spell for them, and make only those minions target-able. That is all!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info