Izaro on Normal

The issue with going in over-leveled and assuming it will be easy is that you will end up destroying the first 2 phases so quickly that it gives you no time to disable the "hard mode" mechanics, thus making the third encounter very difficult.

Also, the third encounter has traps which do percentage based damage, so it won't matter how over-leveled you are, these will still do a massive amount of damage.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
for the first time I went there totally unprepared as i expected it to be easy on Normal. lvl 32, crappy resists, one support gem on my skill, crappy flasks, I even havent noticed there is a stash before entrance. It was very slow but I would probably make it, but the server crashed during the third Izaro phase. I returned better prepared later it it was fine.

His damage got nerfed on Normal.. but the difficulty greatly depends on daily mods and if you disable some of his mechanics or not. For example yesterdays Cruel setup was near un-doable for me in third stage, despite high HP and the fact I was melting everything in Act 4. Came back today and it was ez.. also dont forget you can use culling strike in phase 3 which makes the fight much shorter
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Altissimus wrote:
The next nine posts are reserved for people explaining how they killed Izaro first time, blindfolded, with a level 2 character that was naked and armed with the starting weapon.

It was a toothpick actually.
"
Altissimus wrote:

On doing some further reading it turns out I had the "conduit" roll. Does your strategy still apply?

Conduit roll is worst on normal, because you don't have the DPS to push him all the way to his trigger percentage in the time the disrupters give you to keep his charges low. You have to do the fight mostly with him at 6 power charges, then hit the disruptor and burst him to the trigger percentage. This also requires you to know what the trigger percentage is which is only gained via experience of the fight and if you fuck it up, you end up fighting Izaro at third form with permenant full charges which gives him the ability to easily one shot you even after his nerfs.

Everything else is a breeze and self explanatory except for this one very awful and poorly designed mechanic.

I ran into it on my rerolled witch on normal and died to a one shot, because I didn't have the DPS and had to do a good chunk at the fight with him at 6 charges to save my disrupters for the end. I just waited until the next day and the mechanics rerolled. Got fonts and elementals and it was easy clear.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Mar 21, 2016, 5:34:42 PM
1. this is legit wy to play game. Where is excitement of exploring world and overcoming difficulties How you want to feel stronger if you never failed?
Lab is not difficult to understand I have not read any guide or wiki page and after 3 runs I knew everything I needed to beat it.

2. this is legit way to play game. IF you want o play as much effective as you can you will always use techniques that are almost always immersion breaking.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 21, 2016, 5:38:39 PM
"
MadRabbitPoE wrote:
"
Altissimus wrote:

On doing some further reading it turns out I had the "conduit" roll. Does your strategy still apply?

Conduit roll is worst on normal, because you don't have the DPS to push him all the way to his trigger percentage in the time the disrupters give you to keep his charges low.

That is the charge disruptor roll, not the conduit roll.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
I killed izaro no problem after not playing for a year first day phc.

l2p
Normal izaro was easily tankable for me, even with a tabula and not trying to cap resist, around 40 maybe, as long as you prioritize hp nodes.
power charges

/thread
Last edited by Teenah on Feb 25, 2017, 12:32:34 PM
"
Altissimus wrote:

2) Google it, and be massively over-levelled. This approach requires benefiting from those who have taken option 1, and told people about it. It's not my preferred choice.

Its what I do. Never done normal lab before Cruel difficulty. Yesterday I did normal lab with lvl ~72 seriously twinked char after getting to (and xping a bit there) Merc Dried Lake. PoE can be very unforgiving if you dont have "spoiler" knowledge.

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
Spoiler
"
Altissimus wrote:
I have now also killed him, and it was a doddle. Never dropped below 75% health.

However, I didn't get the Conduit roll - which is what I had when I first wrote this post.

I still maintain that the conduit Izaro is just ridiculous.

I fail to see how.

The only possible case in which the conduit encounter results in Izaro being affected by conduits in the stage 3 fight is if you choose not to disable the conduits, either out of ignorance or for the challenge.

I can understand if you didn't know what the implications of not disabling the conduits when they showed up at stage 1 or 2 were and thus ending up fighting a buffed Izaro the first time, but on the second, and all subsequent visits to the Labyrinth, surely you are not going to be committing the same mistake.

Rather, I'd have thought that conduit would now be one of the safe random encounter rolls for you because you know what to do to neutralize it, and it is trivial to do so.

As you learn the remaining encounters, do yourself the favour to mouseover anything strange that occurs during the first two fights. The tooltips and whether the things can be attacked or interacted with make it quite clear what you need to do to get an easy fight.

IME conduits can be hard to disable. Last time I tried I somehow failed. Clicked all of them just before "finishing" Izaro but nonetheless he kept all of them. No idea why/how.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info