is this a good character build?

currently my character is a lvl 25 witch with bonuses to summoning skills. i can have 8 minions at one time (11 once i get up to 30). and i was wondering if i should get more minions or start putting my passive skill points to boosting my stats?
Diviner's Strongbox: An Exile's CCG
no way to answer that without knowing what desired playstyle you want.

as always my advice would be to just do whatever you feel is right...then roll another thats a little better, then another until you think you have it "right".
~SotW HC Guild~

If you want to focus on minions, you only need to be able to kill the first few enemies in each area and Merveil. If you're keeping up to speed on that, you can continue specing for minion bonuses.

Keep in mind that in later difficulties, it's very possible that the first few enemies in an area may have a rare aura or two.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
so far i like having minions and i like casting spells. i can kill about a dozen enemies for sure without my minions but i want to know if in the harder levels i need to get some other passive skills or if i can just keep building up to having an armada of minions.
Diviner's Strongbox: An Exile's CCG
well im sure even without some passive some skills are good such as firestorm and shock nova. so if your using those then you should be good and let us know how it turns out. its the beta and theres just a lot out there unless someones done that and reported it as a good build then no one will know. but gl sir. its probably better than my fire witch atm im 32 and just killed brutus in cruel and im kinda struggling. lol
rawrawr
"
Spr09 wrote:
so far i like having minions and i like casting spells. i can kill about a dozen enemies for sure without my minions but i want to know if in the harder levels i need to get some other passive skills or if i can just keep building up to having an armada of minions.

I've only read feedback from 1 summoner that reached Chaos. He seemed to say that it was extremely hard to get the first kill there. That it's a minigame in itself.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
So far I've built a handfull of different summoners, all of which would be viable in endgame. Templar light nova summoner, witch ice nova summoner, tank witch ice spear summoner, pure summoner witch and currently working on an AOF bow ranger summoner. (all hc)

In my experience it's not really needed to get all +minion skills if you are equiping two zombie gems. Minion life passives are only worth it if your minions are dying faster than you can summon them, the minion dmg passives are personal taste imo but you can do without. Minion instability is a must offcourse.

So to answer your question, my advice is to balance between passives boosting your def/dmg and boosting minions. This makes the start without minions every map easier and it adds fun; just watching zombies explode and resummoning them gets boring fast.
:>
Why would you want to do that when you can just focus on minion health and use firestorm + a chaos gem for damage while they are fighting your zombies?
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
"
BrotherLaz wrote:
Why would you want to do that when you can just focus on minion health and use firestorm + a chaos gem for damage while they are fighting your zombies?

Because for hc every point spent in minion life equals a point not spent in my life, def, block, dmg or insert other passive here. Minion instability works somewhat like iron maiden as it effectively returns dmg done to them. I'd rather resummon some more zombies and do 10x4k dmg than not resummon be less adaptive and have 8x6kdmg.

Firestorm+added chaos and tank minions would work though, even in chaos, but for me any point in minion life just feels like a waste.
:>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info