WIP [2.2] Assasin Crit Pillar EQ - The shatterquaker! Cheap and end-game viable! *VIDEO UP*

Why pillar? And how does it work?
I'm glad you asked!

Explaining pillar

Every 10 points in STR you get the staff will give you +16% increased physical damage. And every 10 points in DEX will give you +1% attack speed though this isn't too relevant as EQ doesn't need much attack speed. Lastly you gain +1% increased area of effect for each 20 INT

Comparison

Facebreakers is a very popular item and is simular to Pillar so i'll take that as a comparison. Facebreakers get 600-800% (800-1000% legacy) more Unarmed Physical Damage but, with pillar we can have 800% Increased physical damage with 500 STR whichs means we can much more easily scale dmg especially since we're using crit and abyssus.

Why crit?

With the new ascendancy class Assasin we now have acces to base crit which makes pillar more then good enough for critting often so we can take full advantage of abyssus to boost our DMG to ridicoulous amounts.

Is it Hardcore viable?

No. It has issues with reflect cause of the high DMG and can have issues with high physical DMG hits as we are using abyssus.

My gear of choice and why

Helmet

Abyssus. It's where most of our builds dmg comes from and has insane synergy with the build. This item is a must!

Chest

Kaom's heart. We're using a two-handed weapon and we need lots of health to counter abyssus so this is my personal favourite.

Death's oath. This chest clearly has synergy with Pillar as it has 40-50 all attributes and AR that helps with countering abyssus. The problem i ran into with it is that the degen is hard to counter because of our spread out skilltree. You could spec out of some damage and then get some more regen but generaly i think staying away from this chest is the best idea unless you know what you're doing.

Rare chest. With lots of life, ressists, armor and STR this is an okay choice as it clears up more room to get dmg on jewlery and the armor helps counter Abyssus. thought i would say kaom's heart is the better choice since it offers more HP, you don't need the links and you can still cap ress without it.

Gloves

Rare gloves. With the right stats rare gloves is alot better then Meginord's vise. Rolling flat dmg, life, ress and strenght you'll get more DMG, life and ressists to more easily get dmg elsewhere.

Meginord's Vise. These gloves are solid as they give us ton's of STR which helps scale our dmg aswell as giving us some HP.
But don't be fooled. Rare gloves can potentially be much better.

Boots

Rare boots. Again rare boots are alot better then Alberon's warpath can be. Not damage wise but they offer alot of room for DMG elsewhere if you get high ressistances on them. Also who can ressist 30% movement speed?

Alberon's warpath. These boots are okay since you can get 18% increased STR which helps the build alot both DMG wise and HP wise but overall i still think rares are better cause they fill in alot of gaps in the ressistances of the build.

Belt

Meginord's Girdle. With two STR rolls, flat dmg and 10% increased maximum life this belt is solid! This belt is also cheap so always get one over a rare belt.

Headhunter. This belt can add alot of tempo to your build and has some synergy with the build as it has STR and DEX. But you might end up with more of a reflect problem. *Needs further testing*

Amulet and rings

You should cap out your ressistances before you do anything else, it's very important. After that you grab some life and start hunting for Offensive stats.

Offensive stats you should look after on jewlery in order once you've capped Ressistances;

Flat physical damage
Accuracy
Crit multiplier
Crit chance

Jewels

You will needs ressists to cap, %life to help survivability, Strenght to further increas both our DMG and life pool and lastly get something that gives DMG to fill that last spot.

Ressistance
Increased maximum life
Strenght
Any DMG that works with pillar (DMG with staves etc)

Flasks

Nothing super fancy for the time being. 1 instant life pot for tight situations, 1 for sustaining over time, a running flask with more run speed aswell as recharge on crit, lion's roar for extra dmg and survivability, and lastly a basalt flask for reflect though i will change that out for a taste of hate eventually.
Got one the day after making this Build guide from a good friend! Now my DPS should be higher so the character sheet section is slightly off.

Auras

Personaly i use all three heralds as i never play solo and even then I'm doing more then enough DMG, But if you're playing solo i'd suggest Hatred and Herald of ash.

Bandits

In Normal we take Oak since we need HP and the two other options are plain worse.

In Cruel we take Oak once again since the 16% increased physical dmg is pretty strong and again the two other options are alot worse for our build.

In Merciless we take Alira since we're getting that sweet sweet base crit that makes our build work.

Skilltree

Current skilltree at lvl 93

Planned skilltree for lvl 100

Skillgem set-up

6L (Weapon)

Earthquake - Melee physical damage - Less duration - Added fire - Increased area of effect - Increased critical damage

4L (helmet)

4L Cast when damage taken - increased duration - Immortal call - Molten shell

4L (gloves)

4L Leapslam - Faster attacks - Fortify - Ice golem

4L (boots)

4L
Solo player; Herald of ash - Hatred - Bloodrage - Skill of your choice
Party player; All three heralds and blood rage

Character sheet

Offensive stats (With auras, charges and flasks)

Offensive stats (Without auras, charges and flasks)

Defensive stats (without flasks, charges and fortify)

Defensive stats (With flasks, charges and fortify)

Gameplay video

Link
Tears of blood, aching heart,
My dear Isildria must depart.

[Keeper] Oath keepers - Friendly EU focused guild for experienced players More info @ thread ID; 1426886
IGN; Isildria
Last edited by isildria on Mar 27, 2016, 5:57:08 PM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2016, 11:38:14 PM
[Reserved]

[Keeper] Oath keepers - Friendly EU focused guild for experienced players More info @ thread ID; 1426886
IGN; Isildria
Looks fun :)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
For a not so cheap part to it, you could do Astramentis and skyrocket the DPS
"
For a not so cheap part to it, you could do Astramentis and skyrocket the DPS

Not really, it lowers my DPS. The flat DMG is too good.

IGN; Isildria
Cool build. It looks legimately powerful, there's a really nice synergy between the INT from pathing from shadow to templar, and the AoE from Pillar. I've tried to make crit pillar builds in the past, but they sucked pre-assassin.

Thanks for giving me some ideas. You're like one of the only 2 people playing assassin earthquake, while I've been theorycrafting a 1h + shield crit earthquake, using Ambush for 100% crit chance, and stacking crit multi with Abyssus and Facebreakers. Your build has led me to reconsider my inefficient pathing from Shadow to Witch. Heck, if my build fails to work out, I can always convert to a pillar build!

One major issue is the budget rationale behind Pillar over a Hege's. A 5L Pillar is 1ex, while a 5L Hege can be gotten for ~1.5ex at Perandus prices. And a Hege lets you gear the rest of your slots easier, or wear a Mali/Facebreakers, without having to strength stack or get flat phys everywhere.
i have a 5L pillar(lucky drop), what gem should i use for earthquake? since its not 6L..

and ascendancy which should i get first?
ambush(normal)unstable infusion(cruel)
or
unstable infusion(normal)deadly infusion(cruel)
Last edited by Jasonx3 on Apr 11, 2016, 11:41:00 PM
Is pillar really "better" or "equivalent" to marohi erqi?
Nice build.Just wanted to warn you 16% phys damage from oak is worse than passive point since with pillar 10 str is 18% phys damage and 5 life.
Since you're using Abyssus. do you have problem with high phys dealer ? you dont seem to have a lot of phys migitation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info