Fan Meetup/GDC Update

Sorry about the darkness of the picture, it's the best I could do with my phone camera.

We really enjoy meetups that are soon after a big expansion launch. It gives us complete freedom to talk about design intentions behind various systems and features. We had some fascinating conversations with players about the "giftiness" of the Perandus league, both about how it affects player retention (positively so far!) and how it affects player expectations for future leagues. I'd like to thank all the players that bought us drinks, and hope that the fishing secrets we whispered made it worth it.

I'm sorry that this isn't a game-information-heavy news post. Bex is also away for a few days so I'm handling the news while travelling in San Francisco for the Game Developers Conference. The conference is going really well so far - Jonathan and Erik spent the day learning new development techniques in various workshops. I've been meeting with industry partners to continue the plans of world domination. Topics like server reliability, Latin America expansion and how to improve our PR outreach were discussed today.

Talking about reliability, the team back in New Zealand have been hard at work on more improvements for Path of Exile. They have a 2.2.1c patch almost ready to deploy that you'll hopefully see pretty soon! Client and server performance are both extremely high priorities for us in the coming days and weeks. We're attacking them on multiple fronts.

While I'm here, I wanted to say thanks for your amazing support of the Solaris Mystery Box promotion. It's our best-selling box so far, so I think we're hitting a much better reward-per-box mark than we have in the past. As always, feedback will help us improve them!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 15, 2016, 3:38:02 AM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 12:32:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info