Flaskfinder Wander [2.2]

This is the flask-based wander I've been playing in Standard since 2.1. The main reason to go Pathfinder is that a wander's clearspeed is limited by its movement speed rather than tooltip DPS. Pathfinder allows us to get 70% additional movement speed compared to other Ascendancies.

Wanders are very stretched on the tree. Taking flask passives stretches us even more. As a result we need to get hit points for cheap (in terms of #passive points used). The cheapest way to get hit points is to go life/ES hybrid, which I recommend for lower budgets. Once you can obtain good quality rares, it is more convenient to go CI so you can forget about chaos res and drop the life flask. We then layer flasks on top of our high hitpoint base to give ourselves a high effective HP pool.

The version of the build I play is extremely expensive (I spent 2 years collecting the currency to do it), but it can be played on a budget with almost as much fun.

Stats & Videos

8.6k ES
In HO with golem and auras only: 65k GMP+chain.
With flasks, vhaste, charges: 209k GMP+chain, 83/84/85 res, 75 block, 29 spell block, vinktar shock, taste of hate conversion, 5k armor from Rumi. It's also possible to drop the ruby flask for Atziri's promise, and get shock removal on the quicksilver. With that setup I get around 250k GMP+chain on my KB. Replacing chain with pierce will roughly double your tooltip. So my 250k GMP+chain would be 480k GMP+pierce. I'm unsure whether pierce or chain actually clears faster.

T13
Courtyard 175q

T14
Conservatory phys ref

T14 speedruns
Conservatory 191q 44p 3:08
Shrine 2:38
Palace 2:58

T15
Collosseum 150q 40p (map in party boss solo)
Core ele ref

Unique Maps
Uber Atziri (this performance deserves the drop it got)

PvP
Sarn Arena Mar26

More gameplay footage
I stream on Twitch, where you can find past broadcasts showcasing this build in many maps.

My Tree + Gear

Tree + Jewels
My L99 Pathfinder tree
L81 Pathfinder tree

1x Chill of Corruption to get permanent uptime on vaal haste
2x 10 allres DPS + ES
1-2x DPS + ES jewel

Thoughts on the tree
* Before you have enlighten 4 / Skyforth you may need charisma.
* If you don't have Skyforth you absolutely must have heart of oak, and you still need to be careful with stuns. Stun recovery on belt and chest may be useful for you.
* Vaal Pact (and cwdt warlords) is only there for the purpose of making it so I don't 1shot myself to reflect rares when I'm not focused and not using flasks. For lower levels (95 and below) you absolutely don't need them since accidental 1shots are pretty rare and exp is plentiful at those levels.
* Arcane Chemistry is also optional but it is amazing for boss fights and making sure your quicksilver is permanently up.
* True Strike and neighbor nodes can be swapped out for additional ES at witch start if you feel like your ES is too low. I would say 8k+ is fine even for doing reflect maps (where your ES may jump up/down by up to 4k).

My gear

Thoughts on gear
* Facebreaker are better than legacy maligaro unless you desire 95% crit chance just to say you have it. If you use maligaro you may only need 1 diamond ring to cap crit.
* Headhunter
is kind of trashy compared to a belt with WED and reduced flask charges used... Literally all you need to beat Headhunter is a 5c belt.
* Pierce clears almost as fast as chain when soloing, and is better for parties because you won't be able to play at a 1shot per pack pace anyways.
* Same idea with added cold vs faster attacks. Added cold gives slightly lower TT than faster attacks but for solo you will clear faster because it generates larger hits and thus make it more likely that you 1shot packs instead of needing 2 shots. Added cold also procs more freezes and shatters so it makes it easier to keep VHaste up. (thanks to Doeboy for suggesting this indirectly).
* Wand and amu are the most important pieces to get mirrored. If not using a mirrored amu I would look for a pierce talisman and use the pierce gem instead of chain.
* Chest/shield can be self-crafted for around 120ex each (if you're looking for T1 T1 T2 | T4+), no point mirroring those.
* Rings are the last priority to get mirrored, but you will have to mirror them eventually. I don't believe it's possible to craft them yourself for cheaper.
* Boots/Gloves/Helm are uniques, so easy to get. Rainbowstride served me well until I got Skyforth. I believe the KB explosion enchant is better than the KB inc dmg one, and for boots I like leech, fire dmg on kill, and attack/cast speed. Decree of spite is amazing on gloves, however it can kill you in reflect maps. It did 8k damage to me in a reflect map while my pots were down and I wasn't expecting to get hit with reflect. EW on hit FBs are only slightly better than cursing with proj weakness through herald of ice. They simply make bosses die faster, but don't really improve clearspeed.

Suggestions for mid budget and temp leagues

At the low gear level you clearspeed will be most improved by increasing your damage, so it's better to go Deadeye over Pathfinder. You also don't want to play this on a lowbudget, but once you can afford a 750 ES 6L vaal regalia and a 400ES shield you can give it a shot. If you play "hard" at the start of a league with a farming build (RF totems for example) you should be able to afford the above within a week. At a more casual pace it may take 3-4 weeks.

Tree
Start with a CI Deadeye tree.

Links
Kinetic Blast - Added Lightning - Greater Multiple Proj - Weapon Elem Dmg - Pierce - Added Cold (in order of priority)
Increased Duration - Vaal Clarity - Vaal Haste
CWDT - Increased Duration - Immortal Call - Phase Run (L20 unsupported by the CWDT)
Wrath | Discipline | Flame Dash or Light Warp
Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark

Gear
Piscator or a 200+ pdps, 10.5+ crit, 1.6+ APS wand
750 ES 5L-6L vaal regalia (upgrade to 900ES with tri res)
400 ES shield (upgrade to 530+ ES and then to 450+ ES with spell dmg)
Rings with flat elemental (can be either elem or phys with a phys wand), WED, and resists.
Amu with flat elemental, WED, critmulti. Get 300+ accuracy on at least 1 piece of jewelry.
Belt with reduced flask charges used (16%+) and WED (30%+). Res, Str, %Phys, Stun recovery, ES and armor are all desirable stats but not mandatory.
Rainbowstride in the boots slot.
Facebreaker in the glove slot.
Crown of Eyes in the hat slot.

Flasks
Rumi's
Atziri's Promise
Bubbling mana flask of Staunching
Alchemist's Quicksilver of Adrenaline
Last flask is open. Taste of hate if you have a phys wand. Basalt Silver or Diamond would also work well.

Important gameplay tips
Atziri's flask will cover your life leech needs. In order to cover mana, you will want the leech boot enchant, use a mana flask, and use vaal clarity.

You should expect to get around 70-130k tooltip fully buffed (depending on the quality of your jewelry and jewels, yes they make that much of a difference!) as well as 8k ES.

Gameplay Tips & FAQ

Single Target Damage
When used correctly Spell Totem - Frost Wall combined with a 6L KB will melt bosses. However you need to position yourself correctly. KBs explosions happen in a cone behind the initial impact. In order to maximize the #explosions that hit you need to be shooting at a 45 degree angle into the frost wall. In fact almost any angle works so long as it's not 90 degrees. Low level (=shorter wall length) on the frost wall can make it that even shooting into the short side of the frost wall does great damage.

Inspired by / Thanks to: Ghudda, Nrdy, InAshesTheyShallReap, Exiled_Wander, Anapoe, Shotgun_Surgeon
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Apr 18, 2016, 2:25:34 PM
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2016, 6:00:56 PM
A few questions,

-What about acuity? Or do you really not need it at all?
-Why not go low life? Stack all the auras.
-What other ascendencies do you think might be good for this build?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
A few questions,

-What about acuity? Or do you really not need it at all?
-Why not go low life? Stack all the auras.
-What other ascendencies do you think might be good for this build?

100% uptime on vinktar => acuity is useless.

lowlife => hard to get decent ES, flask nodes, and enough aura reservation to make it worth it.

Other asc => scion probably.

Added a video of a easy high quant T13 and uber atziri.

Didn't know you had a guide up for this. I'll definitely have to give it a try when I'm done with Perandus, looks like fun.

Pretty awesome build! I am currently using these, opted to dive straight into your high budget build that is CI and currently running 4.4k ES without discipline and 5.5k with, I don't recommend doing that(Cause I don't have a high budget) but it was fun to test things on my own. As of right now I am ~13k DPS on a 5L without charges or flasks. What is your 'sitting in hideout' tool tip? I feel so far away from your DPS and I'm sure it's partially due to my wand but what would you suggest? At around 35k with a Taste and Atziri's Promise and frezny + power charges.

Also what bandits did you get?
Last edited by xbrownish3 on Mar 17, 2016, 2:41:13 PM
"
Didn't know you had a guide up for this. I'll definitely have to give it a try when I'm done with Perandus, looks like fun.

Yeah I actually forgot to give you a shoutout in OP since I did learn a bunch reading your thread.

"
xbrownish3 wrote:

Pretty awesome build! I am currently using these, opted to dive straight into your high budget build that is CI and currently running 4.4k ES without discipline and 5.5k with, I don't recommend doing that(Cause I don't have a high budget) but it was fun to test things on my own. As of right now I am ~13k DPS on a 5L without charges or flasks. What is your 'sitting in hideout' tool tip? I feel so far away from your DPS and I'm sure it's partially due to my wand but what would you suggest? At around 35k with a Taste and Atziri's Promise and frezny + power charges.

Also what bandits did you get?

Bandits were krait krait krait. Even with top gear the 10 allres is useful.

For you probably get a 6L regalia and then scour the suffixes on your wand and then multimod crit+ias. For now you could just craft crit instead of %inc light.

Once you have a 6L with added cold make sure you get chill of corruption and vaal haste.

My HO DPS is 57k.

one question.
how can you have 200 mana with 3auras?
with that pathfinder tree.i can only have 120 mana with same aura points.
of course i have 1300mana.
ty for your time.
Last edited by DayLee on Mar 25, 2016, 9:29:52 PM
Ty so much for this build! Once you get the hang of it, it's really strong and fun!
"
DayLee wrote:
one question.
how can you have 200 mana with 3auras?
with that pathfinder tree.i can only have 120 mana with same aura points.
of course i have 1300mana.
ty for your time.

That was with 16% reservation and enlighten 4. Now with 10% reservation and enlighten 4 I only have 10% of my mana (160) unreserved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info