Latest HC Rip

Well, I finally made it to merciless on HC for the first time in.... quite a while. Killed Malachai, went and entered the portal to Merciless. The loading screen for Twilight strand takes a long time, but that's been the case fairly often since the new leagues started. Then PoE crashes. Ok. Fine.

Restart PoE, log back in, and my character is now in Standard. Apparently, I got killed in a loading screen.

Look, I'm not to sort to rage or spew salt. I've died plenty of times to plenty of things in HC, I know how this works. But GGG seriously needs to fix the recent.... whatever it is that's been causing all this server instability. I know I'm not the only one with load times through the roof, or who is experiencing crashes.

I can accept HC deaths when they are my fault, but I find accepting a death that is entirely out of my hands like this a very bitter pill to swallow indeed.
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 3:26:37 AM
Just commenting here because Haer'Dalis is a badass. BGII Never forget.
This is why I don't go near HC.
Need reactive skills.
There is usually a immune to damage buff that should be on a character while you load in, then drops when you move or take an action. Odd that the buff failed somehow
afaik there is only one zombie there, if you had a golem or cwdt you shouldve been fine to afk there at that level. Just sayin ^^

But as far as HC goes, you really need to accept that you will die before you roll your character, truely understand and accept your mortality and that anything that can happen, will happen. My girlfriend has ripped several of my characters "Oops was that the internet cable?" "I just need this power socket for my hairdryer" that socket had my switch plugged into it. On top of that pc freezes, and then PoE's tendancy to crash. Move on, and most importantly, roll on.
Last edited by thevdende on Mar 14, 2016, 11:08:38 AM
@Koranth

iirc, that immunity only last for about 30 seconds after the game laods your character in. If the player is still stuck in a loading screen when that grace period ends, they can take damage.

Normally I would have my golem up, but it died fighting Malachai and I didnt bother summoning another one before heading in to the Twilight Strand.....
"
Haerdalas wrote:
@Koranth

iirc, that immunity only last for about 30 seconds after the game laods your character in. If the player is still stuck in a loading screen when that grace period ends, they can take damage.

Normally I would have my golem up, but it died fighting Malachai and I didnt bother summoning another one before heading in to the Twilight Strand.....

TIL.
A RIP caused by a bug/lag/whatever is the price you pay for thousands of hours of 'more fun' when playing hc. The moment such a RIP happen and the seconds (sometimes the whole minute afterwards!) is anger/consternation and then you remember why you still play hc... because it's more tense, more thrilling, MORE FUN... because you play to be entertained, not to accumulate wealth while playing like a bot, fearing nothing except 10%xp loss xD

Peace,

-kcstar-
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be back in game in a day or two once I have calmed down. I just....

I had to say -something- after that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info