[2.2] Blink / Mirror Arrow Summoner - Saboteur

"
Stillwater7 wrote:
Just barely started leveling with this build, but realized I'm not sure where I'm going with it (Playing HC, so my early choices are a little less trivial). It's my first experience using the trap mechanics, as well as being pretty new to PoE overall, so forgive me for a couple of possibly noob questions:

1) I've only gotten as far as implementing a Blink trap (just Blink + Trap + Multi, for now). Can you explain the need to have fully gemmed-out trap setups for both Blink and Mirror Arrow, and what their usage/interaction is? Their function would seem to be redundant, and I assume the limit on total number of traps is a global thing, not independent for each type(?). Are you defeating some cooldown issue by rotating both? Is there some other distinction between the two that I'm missing?

2) Why the choice of Ice Shot? I assume you can use any skill to trip Elemental Equilibrium, as long as you have some amount of cold damage somewhere on your gear? I realize your damage is going to be fairly irrelevant no matter what you use, but just wondered if there are other skills that might give either wider coverage or add some other utility. Does the Greater Projectiles + Ice Shot + the finishing pierce/cone just end up being the best possible AoE Curse-delivery method, given that you only have two free sockets to work with?

1. Yes it's all about the trap cd so u dont have to wait for the stacks to get back up.

2. chilled ground is additionl defence as it slows down move, attack, cast speed.

feel free to ask if u have further questions.
Last edited by Shareware on Apr 13, 2016, 5:36:23 AM
Shareware what you think of my version? I do a very defensive version (to hardcore leagues) and pure physical damage. I will use 8 Unstable Payload to have at least 98% of chances to trigger an additional chance (on true will be 100%, 5x11 + 3x12 +10 tree = 101%), just 2 with Minion Damage (10 sockets). Using Cloak of Flame, MoM and runing Clarity + AA with Acrobatics, currently level 68.

My final tree is this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAE2SI_aNfbDYross6YazAO5qrNP7WpGofYLHKPrDOo_6TePyRf4K_o864aZXNZLYvSLq6-4wfIhaXsBh4lVL5oEmlcu9YqydqmyMykp9W2wIUUwYVr0nGDwdvgPuM4ezDiHAUUc_JypNhTJiT293yQageUIsZ05TUprgRZ0Pq9DQkBGKr3vDN9TtP4hbsAunNPb8hMWbtV-wrEd-sHZv2FRwUY2_tfJuqha_BbWkOSLiR-LC7F-YzzJZbbTF-ejxingNwBpvO7IZMgHPemHr1CPsGEGHtz7o1tvnlS5JUfDVBx6DXzwtg8xbJhqNf_u4kxzcjxoki5smRwZKyGSqm4ZqNgAA
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Apr 13, 2016, 9:44:17 AM
The damage without auras felt rather lacking to me.
i have like 5,5k life and 2,6k es with MoM + EB set up, which isnt that bad at all.(u can still drop some offensive for more defense)
ye you have acro and more evasion you also have planned a build with 122 pts which is way too high.
~110 is more realistic which is somewhere in the late 80th, so it will take quite some time to get either the jewels or you would need to drop something else.

Not saying it's bad but it may needs more damage and you have probably spend too many points planning this build.
Last edited by Shareware on Apr 13, 2016, 1:42:45 PM
The damage seems low, but which would make this build strong is a high chance to trigger the trap 2 times.

With 100% chance is, on other words, 100% more physical damage. Some times I have around 40 minions at same time attacking all mobs and now (level 68) I have "only" 46% of chance to trigger 2 times.

About realistic tree level 85 is very realistic, this point I will take just more points to jewels. This point I have 6 sockets, that is 79% of chance to trigger 2 times. On other words, around 79% more damage.

My big question is if I spend 10 sockets in minion damage or a part of them, maybe 4 or 5 just to trigger 2 times the trap and the rest minion damage could be more useful.

Ty for your feedback Shareware. :)
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Apr 13, 2016, 8:02:01 PM
how about curse on hit setup ? u r using enf.. I tried ele weakness but I can't say is it better.. or even doest it work xd
@Carrasco_Santo As i said i dont say its bad it just seems to be alot effort for rather inconsistant dmg till u reach high % of the trigger chance.
Auras do kinda count as base dmg so lets say lioneyes is 195 = 90+300/2 AVG dmg (just an example roll!)
Anger 95+159*1.4/2 = 177,8 (1.4 is generosity)
Wrath 18+286*1.4/2 = 212,8
since all ur minion dmg passives and support gems work on both ele and phys u almost tripple ur base dmg that been said it does not include moster res so its not true in most cases but with EE and ele weakness it may be even more effective depending on monster.

lvl 20 gems + 2 alphas (no aura passives included in the math above so it should be slightly higher in the end)
[AS isnt calculated since it is the same multipler for both phys and ele everything above is average dmg not DPS]

@placemaker it should work it's hard to notice maybe try a high res map to test it, EE already helps alot, im using Enfeblee + tempchains currently but there are many good ones you can try like projectile weakness for exmaple.
Last edited by Shareware on Apr 14, 2016, 9:26:04 AM
This build looks like a lot of fun to map with. I'm seriously considering re-rolling my current sab to try it. I got lucky and 6L'd a Chin Sol. Do you think this build would shine with it if I were to use Additional Accuracy as my 6th link? I read elsewhere that the clones have a low accuracy, which is why the Lioneye's is usually preferred.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 17, 2016, 5:37:55 PM
it should work fine, im just not sure if accuracy gem is the best choice.
Since its base attack speed is low compared to a glare u wont reach attack speed cap on clones,
u'll need to use Flesh offering, vaal haste or faster attacks gem.
Last edited by Shareware on Apr 17, 2016, 5:52:01 PM
Alpha's howl is a must?
If u want to run discipline on top of wrath and anger, yes. otherwise its just a nice boost, if u can sustain ur mana.
Last edited by Shareware on Apr 18, 2016, 3:24:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info