Need help with build/gear to clear maps

I've got some maps, done 2 so far and I'm getting decently wrecked every time. I started this templar thinking that I would be able to facetank stuff endgame.

I tried a map today, cleared it to about 70% of the content before I was out of portals. All the time, I had to "lure" patches of mobs to cleared rooms, pop rejuvenation totem and molten shell, enfeeble them and kill them. Right now, I feel more like a squishy ranged than a full tank melee. Having to kite and send volleys of LS.

I'm still new to the game and it's mechanics etc, so I have no idea if my gear is good/bad etc. This is what I'm using currently:

Sitting at 2k armor, 80% allres, 2k hp, 1k ES. 4k dps with LS, ~3k dps with dual strike.

I'd like to think that I'm decently geared with decent stats, but it seems like rerolling to a ranged would be the way to go for me. Or rerolling to a caster templar. Because melee/facetanking sucks at the moment. 4-5 ranged and I'm blown to bits.
Last edited by ibex on Feb 17, 2013, 3:59:41 PM
well, unfortunately as of now, u cant "tank" in this game at all, which really bugs me. I made several characters with different builds, that basically was suppose to go full defense. Even with 100% nodes that were defensive oriented, i couldnt tank 5 mobs in act 3 mercilles :D.
I really like facetanking, i hoped it would be possible, to clear content at slow and systematical pace, but right now either u go full offense, and drop totem every 2 sec hoping it will hold til u kill the monsters, or go ranged dps/hp balance and kite stronger mobs for 10 minutes.
We failed once, We failed twice, We must fail again!

WE'll b@ng ok?
Well tanky chars are pretty needed atm. But you are right it's not easy peayy to construct smth to be a worthy melee char which can stand its man.

Up to how many endurance charges you get with that armor?
Get 9x endurance charges and you should be able to tank. You have to go ALL HP + regen as well. I haven't made a melee build in a while so I may make a guide on a 2H templar tank.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info