[POLL] Recycling vs Brand new

It's hard to pick one of the two option... can't we have a bit of both ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
It's hard to pick one of the two option... can't we have a bit of both ?

I've always considered Skill rework as partly New skills

But yeah i wouldnt mind 1 new skill and the rest of the effort on making bad skills better
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 30, 2017, 1:03:20 PM
There's no space for options - the business model and the MMO nature of the game pushes ggg to create mostly disposable content.

So it is, and is gonna be, mostly about brand new content.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 30, 2017, 1:07:23 PM
"
torturo wrote:
There's no space for options - the business model and the MMO nature of the game pushes ggg to create mostly disposable content.

So it is, and is gonna be, mostly about brand new content.

1) POE aint a MMO
2) Its pretty much the only successful of its genre atm and this only give it more room to do what it wills
3) Disposable content is pretty bad efficiency wise and also GGG doesnt dispose of the content, they just let it Rot there

4) Most players wont even experience 10% of the skills in the game, putting all the effort on new ones is pretty futile.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 30, 2017, 1:38:50 PM
Well, they did say the game is pretty much covered with most of the skill archetypes and they won't release more than a few on major expansions and only if they're ready. That probably means the urgency is gone so they can devote more time into fixing meme skills. Also, I don't think it slipped past them that fixing Shield Charge generated more hype among active players than most new skills manage to. That, along with long-awaited Cyclone fix could be taken as a sign that better days are coming.

Yes, Sexcalibure, for Domination Blow too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 30, 2017, 2:12:53 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
raics wrote:
How so? I imagine anyone would rather have 20 good, solid skills than 30 skills total with 10 of them working properly.

To clarify, I don't think something like Bladefall is working properly at the moment.
Well, im on the same side as yours

fix stuff before making new

i see this often when i play DOM blow and 100% of the time when i join a dried lake party, there is somebody that asks me how i do this lol

Im surprise because, idc, listening to people and how modern society work, "NEW" is always prefered

The problem I have with this perspective is this: in an ever-evolving game, where rulesets are changed not to "fix" content but to keep it fresh, nothing is EVER fixed. That's not to say things don't get tweaked or adjusted to ensure a degree of stability, but the nuance involved in keeping a game like POE fresh - day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year - means that the idea of "fixing" things before adding new content is... well... moronic.

Instead, the two concepts run together, and the development process is holistic: things get fixed as other things are added, and the two processes are mutually inclusive. If GGG were to spend their time fixing things before adding new content, content timing would become so sluggish that the game's player base would collapse to the point where... fixes would be all you got in the short-to-mid term, and in the long-term only if you're lucky.

And actually, your last point is moot... because reality works in the above way too. Yeah, sure, some things get left behind before they are "fixed", burned on the altar of ever-forward progress, but... other stuff gets fixed because we move forward with new things, and as we move forward with new things, more stuff gets fixed. I mean, look at what's happening now: old technology is seeing somewhat of a revolution as new ideas, new discoveries are being used to "update" or "fix" old technologies. In fact, in most general terms, modern progress is largely predicated on fixing things, whether that is in the form of solving problems with existing technology or ideas or addressing new ones that emerge as we move forward.

In short: the poll, and your perspective, are based on the logical fallacy that we either get one or the other. In the real reality, and not your made up one, it's holistic; stuff gets fixed alongside new stuff being added. Same with PoE.
MOAR PANTS, because every good game needs a pointless meme.
Last edited by indeliblestain on Apr 30, 2017, 2:33:12 PM
Lol a standard player trying to use logic
So cute
Give bad skills the EK nova treatment.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Well Acts 1-4 are being recycled and GGG are good at recycling assets but I've played most of the old skills I want and if they get improved/buffed they'll still be the same skills. I'd much rather try something new.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Give bad skills the EK nova treatment.
Gate "Decent making" buff behind threshold jewel?
No thx lol

People have to understand that there are 2 types of bad skills

1) Bad values

and

2) Bad mechanic

shield charge was 2)

Id rather see Threshold jewel buff on 1)

The worst case scenario is what happened to Searing bond

Searing Bond was a 1), they cut off its Signature mechanic ( stacking Bonds) and buffed the damage

it has been good for 1 league and got nerfed

The only way a Shit skill can be interesting is to have Special mechanics so people can find a way to make it work, when you deprive them of those mechanics there is no more hope
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 30, 2017, 4:04:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info