Why Strengh give physical melee dmg and not melee dmg ?

"
Fobes wrote:
I mean , if i hit you with a sword covered in fire and ice how is possibile that the strengh of the blow is ininfluent ?

Discuss

Because: Physics.

Unless you are going around hitting people with solid bars of fire or ice, i.e. bludgeoning them to death with physical damage from a weapon that just happens to be made out of fire or ice, you can forget about the power of your blow having any influence on the damage dealt by the element when hitting.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Fobes wrote:
I mean , if i hit you with a sword covered in fire and ice how is possibile that the strengh of the blow is ininfluent ?

Discuss

Unless you are going around hitting people with solid bars of fire or ice, i.e. bludgeoning them to death with physical damage from a weapon that just happens to be made out of fire or ice, you can forget about the power of your blow having any influence on the damage dealt by the element when hitting.
Your logic falls apart on every melee skill that converts physical to elemental damage.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Don't try to apply logic to game mechanics. It's fucking stupid. No, it doesn't make sense - it's not created to make sense in a real-world analogy.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 22, 2016, 4:34:06 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Fobes wrote:

Discuss

Your logic falls apart on every melee skill that converts physical to elemental damage.

Not at all. The logic of that conversion is obviously covered by...

Because: Magic. :p
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 22, 2016, 6:05:17 PM
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Fobes wrote:

Discuss

On the other hand, people hit by blizzard often die from bludgeoning--their skulls cracked open by the sheer momentum of the ice crystals. That is to say that blizzards mainly do physical--not cold--damage.

So, yeah. Trying to make sense of game mechanics by looking at their real world counterparts is fun, but useless.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Don't try to apply logic to game mechanics. It's fucking stupid. No, it doesn't make sense - it's not created to make sense in a real-world analogy.

hey someone who finally gets it...
I dont see any any key!
I think it is because ele builds having possibilities of tons of flat added damage
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Boo. :p

If somebody frames a question such that it implies real-world analogies and logic ("if I hit you with... how is this possible... discuss") rather than framing the question in terms of game mechanics or balance, it deserves an answer made in the same frame of mind that is in the spirit of the question.

People who consider this type of intellectual game "fucking stupid" could profitably perform their navel-gazing exercises in one of the interminable game mechanics balance threads instead. :D
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 23, 2016, 12:11:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info