Noob need help

Hi guys, after a long break i want to play poe again for the realease of ascendancy. I guess I go for a fire totem build because they used to be noob and beginner friendly but I was wondering: does flamme totem apply shapper of desolation and beacon of ruin from the elementalist ascendancy tree? Cuz I do not hit, my totems does, so does it work? Or should I go for a hierophant? I'am not in love with templar skin so I hope I can avoid it ^^

And can I start lvl up now or will the realease of ascendancy means a new season?

Last edited by Svink on Feb 22, 2016, 7:11:41 AM
its an expansion to the main game not a league as Ive been recently told. As for the new stuff Id say until its out and can be tested no one truely knows whats possible.
A new challenge launches together with Ascendancy (source: https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy). As far as I know, there's no other info on this league yet. So it's kinda hard to decide whether you should wait for it or just level up a Standard char already. The Ascendancy changes will apply to Standard anyway, so if you don't care for challenge leagues, start leveling.

As for the Flame Totem:
- Shaper of Desolation only happens when YOU kill an enemy. So if your totem kills something, nothing happens.
- The wording of Beacon of Ruin is less clear though. I'd guess it works with Flame Totem, but we can't be sure until someone tries it.
- The Hierophant (I guess you mean Pursuit of Faith) will give you the damage buff if your totem kills. And since the totem damage is based on your +% (spell/ele/fire) damage, the Flame Totem will also get increased damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info