Do the features of Talisman league be inherited to Standard next month?

"
raics wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
SotV was an answer to people complaining about a lack of a proper end game. There is still that problem. But is undeniable that atziri and uber atziri are now considered core milestones in a build's progression for the ultra dedicated.

You probably got nothing out of it because you weren't its target.

did you get anything out of the leagues that took place during sotV? i think that is a better comparison.

Exactly my point, if you want to be able to actively focus on a game feature, then you just aren't in the talisman target group, because you can do absolutely nothing to speed it up except clear areas faster. I suppose you can farm 75+ areas to get higher level talismans and farm rigwald weapons (which aren't really worth farming) but that's about it. It makes a good side dish but a poor main course.

Actually, talismans are very similar to strongboxes, everyone is in their target group except those that intentionally ignore them. The general disappointment in Talisman most likely stems from people expecting Rigwald to be Atziri 2.0.

For me personally, it was the fact that atziri gives guaranteed powerful rewards gated behinds multiple layers of rng though I would never farm her myself, too tedious.

T4 talismans are gated behind even more layers of RNG and required you to carry them in your inventory or clumsily portal home to get them out of your stash each time and imo are just not good enough to justify the grind unless you won the lottery. I have about half a stash of ilvl 80+ talismans that i just can not find the will power to shove into stone circles.

It is really hard not to be discouraged when you get these talismans that have no additional recipe use. I would rather play normally and trade up currency so I can buy a talisman than endure the micromanagement.

"
But is undeniable that atziri and uber atziri are now considered core milestones in a build's progression for the ultra dedicated.

Please stop with that idea. Both are profoundly good noobtraps and for a very long time perpetuated the single target dps meta. I consider myself a dedicated player but neither atziri nor uber atziri have any meaning in my builds' success or progression. The number of people who run uber with any sort of consistentcy can be counted on a few hands yet the number of people who seem to care about it number in the hundreds.

Uber is good for about one thing, no lifers on a new league who want to corner the market on uber drops. Using this as any sort of benchmark or milestone for a build's success is a joke.

The only metric that determine's a build success is exp/hour and deaths/hour even if it means skipping map bosses in order to achieve it. Atziri and uber have no part in that equation.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 22, 2016, 1:55:33 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
It is really hard not to be discouraged when you get these talismans that have no additional recipe use. I would rather play normally and trade up currency so I can buy a talisman than endure the micromanagement.

That's true, we could really use a sink for dud level 4 talismans. Maybe they could serve as jokers and replace any other talisman on the altar? I think that would be a nice quick fix for bad rng problems in T3.

And you're right about the whole process being somewhat tedious, but I think that's a result of dropping too many of them in this league, when it slows down it won't be as annoying.

Your stash remark is probably the main reason I believe we will get them in core game, they take up a lot of stash space and that's an opportunity for more tab sales.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Nephalim wrote:

"
But is undeniable that atziri and uber atziri are now considered core milestones in a build's progression for the ultra dedicated.

Please stop with that idea. Both are profoundly good noobtraps and for a very long time perpetuated the single target dps meta. I consider myself a dedicated player but neither atziri nor uber atziri have any meaning in my builds' success or progression. The number of people who run uber with any sort of consistentcy can be counted on a few hands yet the number of people who seem to care about it number in the hundreds.

Uber is good for about one thing, no lifers on a new league who want to corner the market on uber drops. Using this as any sort of benchmark or milestone for a build's success is a joke.

The only metric that determine's a build success is exp/hour and deaths/hour even if it means skipping map bosses in order to achieve it. Atziri and uber have no part in that equation.

?????

regular atziri is perfectly achievable. and uber is only unreasonable because it costs a ridiculous amount of time and money to even get too her. But as a stretch goal they work no better or worse than being able to run tier 15 maps or beating all the bosses etc.

its actually easier to get to regular atziri than it is to get to t12 maps.

Also using just exp an hour or deaths/ hour is equally silly because it rewards doing easy content. oh sure you have zero deaths... running tropical island or canyon or gorge or streams.

isnt that what the current fast 100 did? crush them t11s. impressive.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 22, 2016, 3:10:00 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

"

?????

regular atziri is perfectly achievable. and uber is only unreasonable because it costs a ridiculous amount of time and money to even get too her. But as a stretch goal they work no better or worse than being able to run tier 15 maps or beating all the bosses etc.

its actually easier to get to regular atziri than it is to get to t12 maps.

Also using just exp an hour or deaths/ hour is equally silly because it rewards doing easy content. oh sure you have zero deaths... running tropical island or canyon or gorge or streams.

isnt that what the current fast 100 did? crush them t11s. impressive.

Clearly you have some very unique ideas about what progress means.

Slogging through 20 minute T15's maps with a high chance of death because its more "impressive" than hyper clearing T9-t13 whilst still making less exp/hour after factoring in deaths? Let me guess, core malachai is another one of your build benchmarks?

This entire game is based around optimization and efficiency but don't let me stop you from doing normal atziri so uber farmers can in turn farm your hope drops or doing T15 maps beyond your efficiency ratio.
so your idea of a good build is one that does not do challenging content? But rather easy content really really fast?

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 22, 2016, 5:34:37 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
so your idea of a good build is one that does not do challenging content? But rather easy content really really fast?

My idea of a good build is one that gets the most exp/hour and manages to progress in exp and wealth as fast as possible instead of setting pointless benchmarks like killing ubers or god forbid, core malachai. The means to achieve that exp/hour and loot/hour is irrelevant.

If play for the 'challenge', good for you, I've nothing against that but do not say a good build needs to atziri or uber to be good and certainly do not say 'challenging=rewarding' in path of exile.

GGG released ubers for 2 reasons, to give no lifers something to grind on (and to farm lower players out of their frags and hopes) and to give noobs something to strive, yet ultimately fail for. When I say noobs, i dont mean jsut players starting but I mean players who will never reasonably run ubers more than a few times per league yet obsess over it like it was the end all.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 22, 2016, 6:00:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info