Do the features of Talisman league be inherited to Standard next month?

RT

So i can carry on my path of 100% lightning dmg taken as fire?

:P
We sure hope so and kinda expect it, but it hasn't been officially confirmed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
i hope not. the league was a painful grind slog and I cant imagine how it could work with ggg's customary reduction in after league spawn rates.

It was barely functional at max power.

It is the type of league that could only work if it were lifted as is , spawn rates, uniques and all to the core game with no changes. but that is not how it has historically worked.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 22, 2016, 9:12:55 AM
with some changes it can be a nice feat to have in the game, to get the best benefit from it you have to collect talismans and combine them, ggg could lower the talsiman required to 3-4 to get new tier ones and limit them only to magic/rare to speed up the process a bit (obviously if the spawn rate of stone circles and talismans are lowered).

a stone circle as hideout decoration/device can be nice too.
My good guess is that it will be available only as Zana map mod on the device.

May be right, may be wrong.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Filousov wrote:
My good guess is that it will be available only as Zana map mod on the device.

May be right, may be wrong.

The issue with that is that 100% of talisman league was about grinding drops. It is not as simple as being able to roll a zana mod and add 5 shrines to a map or a few extra spirits.

the whole point of the talisman league was to grind thousands of talismans , melt them down into other talismans and then eventually get enough to fight a boss and get another talisman.

that is not something you can gate behind zana and work. the map mod would have to be effectively free.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
It is the type of league that could only work if it were lifted as is , spawn rates, uniques and all to the core game with no changes. but that is not how it has historically worked.

Dunno, man, I think talisman is something that works best if you aren't really trying. By the time I got one char to 90 and did the leftover challenges I got three full rigwald sets, a few pretty decent rare talismans and some rigwald uniques.

So, even if I got half as many good talismans and rigwald sets it would still be more than I got from most other content expansions in the game, like for instance Vaal expansion which in the same amount of time gave me absolutely nothing.

Last edited by raics on Feb 22, 2016, 10:39:06 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i hope not. the league was a painful grind slog and I cant imagine how it could work with ggg's customary reduction in after league spawn rates.

the number of encounters will be reduced, sure, and probably by a lot, but I believe it will be slightly compensated by rarity increase (Id like to see removal of white talismans). This way we would still be able to get hands on decent talismans, even if playing casually

the other problem is Mr. Rigwald. Now he needs at least 125 dropped talismans, which will be a lot in a scenario where the droprate is reduced to 30-40% (as I would expect). The solution would be to reduce the number of needed talisman from 5 to 4. this way 125 becomes 64. It would also reduce the pressure of needed 5 different talismans (it was one of my problems, not being able to complete set of 5 t2(t3) talismans due to bad rng)

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 22, 2016, 12:02:10 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Dunno, man, I think talisman is something that works best if you aren't really trying. By the time I got one char to 90 and did the leftover challenges I got three full rigwald sets, a few pretty decent rare talismans and some rigwald uniques.

So, even if I got half as many good talismans and rigwald sets it would still be more than I got from most other content expansions in the game, like for instance Vaal expansion which in the same amount of time gave me absolutely nothing.

but there is a pretty clear distinction between sacrifice of the vaal and talisman, one is an expansion designed from the ground up to be included in the core game. The other is a temporary league.

SotV was an answer to people complaining about a lack of a proper end game. There is still that problem. But is undeniable that atziri and uber atziri are now considered core milestones in a build's progression for the ultra dedicated.

You probably got nothing out of it because you weren't its target.

did you get anything out of the leagues that took place during sotV? i think that is a better comparison.

the leagues were ambush and invasion if i recall, one of which that is remembered fondly by many peeps.

plus i cant think of a build i own now that doesnt have atleast one vaal skill to its name, that is a pretty lasting take away from that expansion.

and i kind of regret not getting a void eye
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 22, 2016, 12:48:53 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
SotV was an answer to people complaining about a lack of a proper end game. There is still that problem. But is undeniable that atziri and uber atziri are now considered core milestones in a build's progression for the ultra dedicated.

You probably got nothing out of it because you weren't its target.

did you get anything out of the leagues that took place during sotV? i think that is a better comparison.

Exactly my point, if you want to be able to actively focus on a game feature, then you just aren't in the talisman target group, because you can do absolutely nothing to speed it up except clear areas faster. I suppose you can farm 75+ areas to get higher level talismans and farm rigwald weapons (which aren't really worth farming) but that's about it. It makes a good side dish but a poor main course.

Actually, talismans are very similar to strongboxes, everyone is in their target group except those that intentionally ignore them. The general disappointment in Talisman most likely stems from people expecting Rigwald to be Atziri 2.0.

Last edited by raics on Feb 22, 2016, 1:12:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info