GGG, can we get some answers on Conversion please?

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
You can't have more than 1 of the same implicit mod on an Item, and all of the Avian Twins variants are just different values of the same implicit.
And as far as I know the only thing that it doesn't work on, is Damage over Time, which in the case of Lightning is non-existent and for Cold the only known occurrence is Dominus' Totems. (As far as I know.)

Shock and Horror deals Lightning Damage over Time with their laserbeam, and I wouldn't be surprised if Vinktar Square has some degen silliness but who even knows!
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
You can't have more than 1 of the same implicit mod on an Item, and all of the Avian Twins variants are just different values of the same implicit.
And as far as I know the only thing that it doesn't work on, is Damage over Time, which in the case of Lightning is non-existent and for Cold the only known occurrence is Dominus' Totems. (As far as I know.)

Shock and Horror deals Lightning Damage over Time with their laserbeam, and I wouldn't be surprised if Vinktar Square has some degen silliness but who even knows!

I stand corrected. :P

Still is like 1 thing to watch out for, and those are just Bosses. (Unless Act V adds more, or if Labyrinth has DoT...)
IGN: Heavenly_Tribulation
Send me a PM on here, I check it all the time :)
This post is exactly how I feel when I teach linear algebra to engineers. They don't have a basis of understanding, so nothing you say really ends up mattering to them. There are so many false assumptions within the question that answering it is pointless. Cheers for trying though.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This post is exactly how I feel when I teach linear algebra to engineers. They don't have a basis of understanding, so nothing you say really ends up mattering to them. There are so many false assumptions within the question that answering it is pointless. Cheers for trying though.

I'm surprised OP had so many false assumptions (and there were many, quite laughable ones too) given how long they've been playing [and how many Supporter Packs they have]...

It just goes to show you that anyone can be inflicted with ignorance, though in the case of OP it could have been solved simply by reading the wiki.
IGN: Heavenly_Tribulation
Send me a PM on here, I check it all the time :)
Is there really a need to keep taking pot-shots at the OP, rather than taking this as an opportunity for people in the community to learn things?
"
About the "50% of [element 1] Damage taken as [element 2] Damage" implicit modifier that can be found on Avian Twins Talisman Tier 2 talismans (and on Greatwolf Talisman too), I've read that only damage taken from a hit was altered by this, could you please confirm (or deny) it?
Correct.
"
If you confirm it, could you please tell us in which cases other than Damage over Time this nuance can be of importance?
Damage over time is the only damage that isn't from a hit.
"
Also, is it possible to have two different of these Avian Twins implicits on the same Greatwolf Talisman (the tier 4 talisman, with 2 implicits)?
No.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 20, 2016, 8:48:36 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Is there really a need to keep taking pot-shots at the OP, rather than taking this as an opportunity for people in the community to learn things?

Not needed, we aren't bashing him but... it's common sense to do some researchs before calling the GGG Team directly. It's kinda weird to make such a fuss for some questions.

If all the poe's players made threads in which they call the devs / send emails to GGG directly about random questions without doing researchs first to find a valid answers... It would be an insane load of work for you guys. Somehow, i think the community is trying to protect you and the rest of GGG from such behaviours.

Maybe we are a bit too zealous... "Dont call GGG they are my gods, MINE" :P

And myself i was curious, i took the time to answers his questions and then i saw that he is on probation. Therefore, i wondered what happend, and if he will see my answer q_q.

Anyway, it's great to see that you take the time to respond publicly to questions that have already been asnwered on the forum for a long time, mark!
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Feb 20, 2016, 10:34:19 PM
I think it's more about the fact that OP's questions can be answered by examining wiki and Google, and we feel that there are long outstanding questions that only devs can answer.

Attention to people like OP makes us confused about the premise that dev time is so precious that we can't get certain important questions answered. It's a premise we've all implicitly agreed to, but posts like this are....

Well, you get the point.
First, thank you very much for the answers to my questions, Mark. It's nice to have an answers that completely clears doubts.

As for the worries about this account of mine :
This account is indeed an alt, but not of OP's account (I won't tell you which account it is).
This account isn't an attempt to bypass any probation of any kind, although my main account was probated once. If any of the two accounts is probated, I won't be posting with the other either.
I did look for the answers to my questions, and did find answers from players, but the matter was important enough for one of my builds that I needed to get a more definitive answer on the matter (especially on the double-mod thing, which had some players claiming you could at least get another implicit mod twice). I usually get definitive enough answers from players through the Gameplay Help and Discussion subforum.
The account's name indeed corresponds to my whining habits (especially about the experience penalty).

Thanks for your time guys, especially you, Mark.
Who is Sexcalibre.
A quick question for saving myself some time writing a spreadsheet.

Does partial conversion to cold damage negatively affect hatred (assuming you have IPD, and not ICD), or is the (now) cold damage converted tagged as both Phys and Cold? Or does hatred apply before conversion?

Last edited by ihasmario on Feb 21, 2016, 7:36:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info