Is a good pure achery build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gHRA5YFkwW1BiMILgiJD6sUdRUgFfAWvxmGGY4Z_hqNGwEgnCLqIzEj9iSLJpUnISo4Kk0qWyzpMHEylDOSOkI6szsoPd0-zz8nQxNDNkWWSRNKyEtXS3hMMlFHUUxR2VLsVP5bJluvXWheRWBDYeJqjG49b55xoXn2fVt_AoGsgwmJa4ngjX2Nv49PkvOVBZXImvGbjZ8noSKhpKJAotmjiqTCpuCn1KxHr-uwkrEwtQi95sDjwuzDOsSiyBTII8qp037UI9gL2cbaZN0N3ajh2-KA6NbrLOx07YPuDu968bP0-PVv9qP5Y_rr_gn-yP-T ?
It is so absolutely terrible that it's troll level.
If you're not such a troll, you must really consider reading some of the many archer guides available in this section.

ps: the tree load only in poe skilltree planer.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 13, 2016, 5:41:14 PM
im not a troll ^^ but thanks
You have 56% increased life across your entire tree. That is awful. You want 150% ish, I'd say 125% at the bare minimum. You have inefficient pathing all over the place, you're taking nodes for Chaos, Physical and Elemental damage (pick one, not all three, and only take Chaos for a Voltaxic build or a Caustic Arrow build). You took Vaal Pact and no Leech nodes. You took the full Evade wheel near Scion and nothing at all in the Life wheel. It honestly has problems all over the place.

As an example about the three damage types thing, my Ranger build (currently lv39) is primarily doing elemental damage, but all of its elemental damage is from a conversion from physical. I'm running Split Arrow/Blast Rain with Hatred+HoT and my Split setup is currently SA-WED-PTL-Chain. My current Blast Rain setup is BR-WED-PPAD-PTL. So while I am doing cold and lightning damage (and Fire on BR), it's all converted from my physical damage. Therefore, increasing my Physical damage is also increasing my elemental damage and as such it makes more sense for me to take Phys nodes. Hence, I focus entirely on Phys nodes and my current bow has 74-150 Phys damage. I don't really care about increasing my elemental damage since increasing Phys also increases Elemental. I won't say no to elemental damage on bows because I run WED, but Physical gets more of a benefit since it benefits from physical nodes, then gets converted to elemental damage on top of the physical, and that elemental damage then benefits from WED.

I'd strongly suggest sticking to other people's builds until you figure out what makes a build good. Neversink's is a good one to start with if you're looking to make a Ranger.
Last edited by loco1234 on Feb 15, 2016, 9:08:38 PM
"
then gets converted to elemental damage on top of the physical, and that elemental damage then benefits from WED

This is wrong. The damage is converted BEFORE damage modifiers. Your physical dmg nodes will not boost your elemental damage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
EDIT: Has been clarified.
Last edited by loco1234 on Feb 21, 2016, 8:52:49 PM
"
YeahPete wrote:
"
then gets converted to elemental damage on top of the physical, and that elemental damage then benefits from WED

This is wrong. The damage is converted BEFORE damage modifiers. Your physical dmg nodes will not boost your elemental damage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

Ehhhh. No. Just flat out no.

Lightning Arrow / Blast Rain / Burning Arrow and so on scales 100% from physical damage. Try avoiding to spread missinformation.

This is how it works:

Let us say you do 100 phys damage as base and you are using lightning Arrow combined with physical to lightning so you have 100% conversion from physical into lightning.

Math is easy here.

100 physical base damage converted = 100 lightning damage.

Now let see what happens if we grab a 15% physical damage node.

100 (base) x 1,15 = 115 physical damage. With conversion that is 115 lightning damage.

You would end up with the same result if you grabbed a 15% elemental damage node (or lightning node).

Let us try without physical to lightning gem and see what happens with a 15% physical node and a 15% elemental damage node.

100 physical damage x 1,15 = 115 physical damage. Conversion makes it 57,5 physical and 57,5 lightning.

With a 15% elemental node you would gain

100 physical -> 50 physical and 50 lightning. The lightning damage is then multiplied by an extra 0,15 so you gain a total of 50 physical damage and 57,5 lightning damage.

I think what confuses you in the link you posted is that the base damage is multiplied by 1. If you grab any nodes that increases this damage (for instance a 15% increased physical damage node) this becomes 1,15 so you raise the base damage.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 21, 2016, 11:58:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info