The 1000th fishing ... Rhoa Feather thread (Update with new theory May 7, 2017)

Hi,

I saw this picture:
Spoiler

from this Thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/778705

(Its the first picture in the first, official, post.)

Look at the name of the picture: "trust_me_fish_here".

I tried to fish there, but I did not work for me. So I thought, perhaps its not the position itself, perhaps its the way-point he stands on, which shows the secret.

At the border of the way-point are three symbols. One has 3 circles and 3 lines in it. Perhaps its the symbol for the 3 Rhoa nests. The biggest symbol looks like a (bone) Rhoa I think. (You have to look at it from the center of the way-point to the edge).

I found out, there are always 3 symbols on the way-point. But the position of these symbols are changing.

The payer here covers the third symbol with his body. You can look in the game for the 3rd symbol

What could the 3rd symbol show?

(If you find out something, based on my theory, please be fair and PM me)

Last edited by DeltaWing on May 7, 2017, 7:38:40 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2017, 6:37:36 AM
What a silly question, it's clearly showing bait.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
What a silly question, it's clearly showing bait.

Peace,

-Boem-

I thought that too. But there is a arrow like line between the 3 big symbols at the border and the inner small symbol cluster. Between the "Rhoa Symbol" and the "Rhoa Nest" symbol. If this arrow shows an order of the 3 symbols it would be:

1. The Rhoa nests
2. The unknown symbol
3. The Rhoa symbol.

So what would be:

1. Open all Rhoa nests.
2. Unknown
3. Kill a rhoa (Or the rhoa boss or the albino rhoa).

As the "missing symbol" is the second symbol, I don't think it shows the result of the action.

(If you find out something, based on my theory, please be fair and PM me)
Last edited by DeltaWing on Feb 13, 2016, 7:44:02 AM
Poor op, trolled swiftly
What nonsense. You can't use skills in town, so you can't fish.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, troll him for a lifetime.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Y that's exactly why I think the hint is not the town but the Way-Point design. Especially because the picture was posted in the official thread which presented the new design of the Way-Point.

So the fishing is somehow connected with the way-point design. And that's why I want to analyse the symbols on the way-point.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Usually various weird crap in MMO's done through console commands.
You can find some hints about fishing after checking metadata in jpg image.

So yea, this is actually 100% trustworthy image. Nothing fishy about it.

Haven't caught a damn thing yet, think I'm using the wrong bait.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
What I tried:

(1)
Waiting at water for 1 hour with rod over deep water
nothing special happend

(2)
Casting a spell (Ice Spear) into water, with ice spear gem in the rod
You can fire a projectile down to the water surface if you are next to deep water and aim in short range into the deep water. No fishing ^^

(3)
Casting a spell (Ice Shot) from the bridge in "broken bridge",with ice spear gem in the rod
You can shot down to the water surface. Looks nice but don't help :)

(4)
Putting the support gems (added fire damage, chance to ignite, elemental Proliferation, life gain on hit in a fishing rod. (Every support gem has a special letter. These gems have the letter F,i,s,h. Not in that socket color order, because I have no rod with the order red, blue, blue, red. I used a rod with red, red, blue blue. (From top to button). The gems them self I put in the correct order in the rod. Nothing special happend

(5)
Putting 4 white gems in the rod (3 portal and 1 detonates mines)
Nothing special happend

(6)
Putting 3 portal gems and a cast when damage taken gem in the rod.
Rsult: LOOOOL, but nothing helpful happened

(7)
Click with right mouse on rod and then on deep water. Not useful.

(8)
Putting a rod with "Rhoa Feather Lure" attribute into trade window of vendor together with Albino Rhoa Feathers. I tested with from 1 to 25 Feathers. And also with 1*10 stack and 2*10 Stack.
Vendor (Nessa Act 1) offered me some alteration shards and some wisdom scrolls.

(9)
Putting a fishing rod and an old rare beta item with quantity on it in vendor trade window.
Only 8 alteration shards and an augmentation orb as offer

(10)
The way-points have 3 different symbols at the border. The town (act 1) has always the same order of these symbols. The order in other areas change. I created new (the coast) areas until the order was the same as in town act 1. I tried (2) then, but nothing happened.

(11)
Same test as (4) but with Ranged attack Totem, Life gain on hit, Concentrated Effect, Additional Accuracy for the word "R.H,O,A". No fishing

(12)
Test of Combination of (3) + (4). Don't work.

(13)
Same test as (4) but with Fire Trap, Item Rarity, Concentrated effect, less duration. It creates the word "Rod" on the icon of the fire trap skill. But again no fishing.

(14)
started some experiments with a
in one of the fishing rod sockets. Also tried some skill gems in connected sockets. Nothing special happened.

(15)
A fishing rod is a 2 handed weapon which the character always hold in the left weapon slot. I tried to put the weapon out of the left slot and put it into the right slot (The weapon picture then appears in the left slot again). I repeated it 100 times at the position on act 1 waypont like the guy in the picture. No fishing.

(16)
Tried to sell the gems from (4) and (11) together with a fishing rod and Rhoa Feathers to the Vendor Act 1 (Nessa). Only wisdom scrolls as vendor offer.

(17)
I farmed in Ship Graveyard. I found nothing special exept a strange map design (look at first post next page.)

To be continued. New ideas are welcome!
Last edited by DeltaWing on Feb 28, 2016, 9:14:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info