Just a thought: Ascendancies should not be class bound

Ascendancies should not be class bound

I just wanted to throw that out there as a thought, not trying to argue for or against.

What is the advantages to them being bound to classes?

What is the advantage of them not being bound to classes?

Why should different classes not be able to follow any path they desired?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Haha. :))

EDIT: Okay and since we're answering to each other posts in edits now.. Man... Yours was a fair comment and also true, and i found it a bit funny, and i don't mean in a laugh at you way funny.. Just calm down lol, if i wanted to accuse you of trolling i would.

As i said i didn't make this post to argue for or against, so i didn't wanna come out and argue against you or agree with you or whatever because i wanted anyone to share their views, in particular because i don't think i have the "solution" or anything, i was just interested in hearing what people thought and hopefully have some discussion about it.. so i responded so you wouldn't think i was ignoring you.. jeezzz.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 13, 2016, 2:01:10 AM
Not class bound : nothing changes.

Class bound : everything changes

that's my tl;dr version for you.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
What is the advantages to them being bound to classes?
As Charan says it is easier to balance. Also for thematic purposes. You can't really have a Duelist accessing elemental spell powers - makes little sense.

Also encourages more playing-time by re-leveling a new class instead of simply respeccing your existing characters every new league. i.e. Want to go super high crit bow, but have level 96 Ranger? -> you will need to relevel a Shadow to access Assassin bonuses.

Higher playing-time = more MTX sales.

Also provides another sink for regrets.

What is the advantage of them not being bound to classes?
More interesting build diversity IMO.

There was another threads suggestion access to other ascendancy class trees if you enter their base nodes.

I think that's very balanced assuming you only get one ascendancy class.

I like that often your starting class for several builds can often only be a matter of 1-5 nodes of efficiency and the rest preference, screw strong class definition, it just feels limiting and boring. It's also in part reason why buying gems is such a fucking pain (though i'm glad we can do so at all now)
If Ascendancy's aren't class locked they are actually pointless. Might as well throw all their nodes onto the passive tree we already have. Or trash it and not have to worry about counterbalancing the POWAH CREEEEEEEP :P

• Easier for GGG to balance classes and playstyles
  • Enriches the character/flavour of each class choice
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Just a reaction: no.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
If Ascendancy's aren't class locked they are actually pointless. Might as well throw all their nodes onto the passive tree we already have. Or trash it and not have to worry about counterbalancing the POWAH CREEEEEEEP :P

True except that a secondary mastery system as part of the mythical labyrinth maze or whatever is cool in itself.

I also feel like locked classes actually now go against something poe was said to be about, as a core value, from the very beginning. A game where you could do anything, with any class.

But i also feel like i prefer more class distinction, and would like that route.. wait wait i've now a new tactic in my head. If i make a post:

"Ascendancies really promote class distinction which i love and is great even though goes against poe"

Do you think i can get those i woop in arguments to go against me out of madness like charan and scrotie? I think the chance would be very high!
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 13, 2016, 3:44:14 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"

True except that a secondary mastery system as part of the mythical labyrinth maze or whatever is cool in itself.

I also feel like locked classes actually now go against something poe was said to be about, as a core value, from the very beginning. A game where you could do anything, with any class.

But i also feel like i prefer more class distinction, and would like that route.. wait wait i've now a new tactic in my head. If i make a post:

"Ascendancies really promote class distinction which i love and is great even though goes against poe"

Do you think i can get those i woop in arguments to go against me out of madness like charan and scrotie? I think the chance would be very high!

I know what you mean, and it's one things that really excited me when I first started playing Path of Exile. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out well in practice, it's proven rather difficult to balance all the playstyles against one another.
I did have an idea for that though; Threshold Notables.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
You can still build around ur class ascendancies. It is not the end of the world.

What I see the big problem with ascendancy is, Most of the ascendancy skill are offensive, It feels like Path of exile is going toward ---- Path of Glass Cannon, Path of no strategy. There is not much focus on adding crowd control, snares/movement lock the monsters or any kind of clever tactics to kill monsters.

It feels like it is just hitting the button repetitively & moving back to avoid attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info