When ascendancy hit's, blue life is a real thing.

make no mistake Boem, I admire your effort to think outside the box.

but the potential to get annoyed playing this would be too great for me, and I usually like crazy non-conventional builds.
knowing how convenient "endless pew pew" style is, I can't bring myself to try the "pew... *out of mana*... pew" thing again.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Mana... regen?

Nah man, mana leech, and lots of it. Life leech too, both at the same time.
Now you hit the leech cap on two orbs while damage is being split between them equally.

With 50% dam->mana, effectively:
- "life pool" = max life + max mana
- "max leech/s" = max life leech/s + max mana leech/s
- "regen/s" = life regen + mana regen

The defense is pretty fantastic, though you'll (as always) want mitigation to go with that giant buffer.

Don't neglect "damage gained as mana when hit", since alongside damage->mana, you create effective negation. Mindspiral technically can do that, but being unable to leech mana hurts your recuperative abilities too much.

Spirited Response (threshold jewel for Rallying Cry) is the real kicker. Each one is effectively 10% mitigation. Totally worth the jewel slots to get 2-4 of them.

---

Divine Guidance is the 2pt ascendancy class wonder.

Sanctuary of Thought doesn't add a lot to the build if you don't have es investment. However, if you're wealthy enough, es/mana is totally the way to go here since that way Intelligence gives bonuses to both sides of your buffer (%es and +mana).

Conviction of Power is free charges. Nice, but probably not worth the 2 asc points here.

Pursuit of Faith -> Ritual of Awakening is a decent 50% dps increase for totemers.

Illuminated Devotion makes for easy 5Ls.

I would imagine the "standard" build for this is either {Divine Guidance, Sanctuary of Thought, Illuminated Devotion} or {Divine Guiance, totem1, totem2} depending on swinging totems or not.
"
pneuma wrote:

Spirited Response (threshold jewel for Rallying Cry) is the real kicker. Each one is effectively 10% mitigation. Totally worth the jewel slots to get 2-4 of them.

This jewel is most likely the most OP unique GGG released in a few months, and those months include stuff like skyforth's.

Talk about undervalued or appreciated eh.

Also illuminated devotion can make an AOE 6-link with rim gaze, definitely worth it imo.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Some nice thoughts in this thread. Sounds like a nice concept.
Also nice to hear Rime Gaze mentioned, I like that unique.
IGN: Scordalia_
How about using it with mana gain when being hit?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"
Boem wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

This jewel is most likely the most OP unique GGG released in a few months, and those months include stuff like skyforth's.

Talk about undervalued or appreciated eh.

Also illuminated devotion can make an AOE 6-link with rim gaze, definitely worth it imo.

Peace,

-Boem-

Hi Boem,

Most people won't get it until someone out there will show them how good Spirited Response Jewels realy are. Going out of the way 1-2 points to get enough intelligence to use it should be considered an "investment" or "cost" to gain it's benefits - same thing when you want to have other forms of defenses, you have to invest in them to get the benefit.

Your "Blue Life" approach is a nice tought but diablo II told us in the past that "mana shield" (the "Energy Shield" passive builds from the lightning tree of the sorcess) is only really effective if you are able to push your absorbtion ratio far beyond 75%.

Mana shield was long considered inferior to life/block builds and pure life builds until several patches buffed the mechanic directly and indirectly. Basically "snapshotting" the energy shield skill in a +3 staff with the runeword memory (+9 to skill level of the Energy shield skill) made this playstyle really good in high endgame scenarios and PVP.

At 75% absorbtion the skill wasn't that good compared to other defensive options that time - same thing holds true for PoE.

What people are missing out is that MoM now, even without Ascendancy, in 2.1 is one of the best keystones in the game. MoM has been always seen by people as an "extra life pool/increase to their current life pool" only but that is not all you can do with that.
What people people should start to think about is how they can effectivly use MoM as a layer of mitigation instead of only looking at it as an enabler for a bigger health pool.

I am currently working on a build guide for a MoM "true melee" character which is intended to be released when the expansion hits - if you are interested look foreward to that :^)

"
...Hierophant's Conviction of Power...

Simply one of the most powerfull and it might be also one of the most broken ascendancy passives in the game if it doesn't get changed (i really hope they will change it)

COC Discharge is already OP, now with this passive it is even more OP than ever before if nothing changes.
But another thing with this passive really bothers me... it isn't that obvious to everybody but it will enable things like automated perma immortal call:

Romira's Banquet + Incinerate = 8 Endurance charges gathered in ~1.6 seconds --> CWDT Immortal Call will provide uptime on immortal call whenever you get hit and need it. By clever utilizing a Scold's Bridle on top of it you can proc immortal call by yourself and create an endless loop of immortal calls kicking in whenever the previous one's duration expires.
Sure you have to do some individual math regarding Scold's secondary damage and CWTD's treshhold but that is all the extra effort you have to take to make it work.

If GGG leaves immortal call/CWDT/conviction of power as they are my next challange league build will be build around this mechanic for sure (chancing a Scold's Bridle will be great fun and an personal achievment for me too :-D)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Feb 13, 2016, 9:14:15 AM
^From my understanding

"conviction of power" specifically states it has a % to create an endurance charge when a power charge is generated

If i interpret this correctly, it will not function on stuff like romira's + incinerate, since you will generate the charges once and then sustain them.(so you would get one round of % endurance charges)

It is more likely to function with

cold snap/discharge/ romira's crit build

Builds that also consume power charges, so you can then "generate" more of them having a chance at more endurance charges.

I don't think new charges are "generated" when you are at the max count, i think they are just refreshed?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : but yeah its pretty bonkers.
Last edited by Boem on Feb 13, 2016, 9:24:56 AM
Just curious are there any builds left that would actually benefit from having a massive mana pool? Entire reason why it was popular because it was cheap and allowed to cast extremely high mana cost spells very fast with EB.

In terms of tankiness your competing with alot of other acend classes that require no effort outside of the points in those classes.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 13, 2016, 9:33:07 AM
"
Boem wrote:
^From my understanding

"conviction of power" specifically states it has a % to create an endurance charge when a power charge is generated

If i interpret this correctly, it will not function on stuff like romira's + incinerate, since you will generate the charges once and then sustain them.(so you would get one round of % endurance charges)

It is more likely to function with

cold snap/discharge/ romira's crit build

Builds that also consume power charges, so you can then "generate" more of them having a chance at more endurance charges.

I don't think new charges are "generated" when you are at the max count, i think they are just refreshed?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : but yeah its pretty bonkers.

The duration of charges is refreshed when you gain a charge - that is the actual mechanic which is currently in the game (you can look that up in the mechanics thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/1)

The "gaining a charge mechanic" resets the duration on your charges. Your duration is also reset when you are at full charges constantly if you are using stuff like Romira's, PCoC, ECoMS, Ambu's Charge or Doedre's Elixir.

If you consider current mechanics around charges it will work as i described it, if GGG changes it for this specific ascendancy passive (which would result an another wording inconsistancy btw) or change the charge mechanics as a whole it wont.
^Ah that's nice to know, then it will be pretty stupidly broken indeed :) and sub-sequentially fixed <.o

peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info