Berserk - and why this class should be immediately changed [Long] [it seems 2.3 fixes it all]

"
Derpey wrote:
Can we PLEASE STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS?!
We have absolutely no idea if GGG nerfs Mana Leech/Regen to compensate for Ascendancy, same goes for all the %IPD.

Marauder classes useless shit compared to Duelist classes.
"
Derpey wrote:
Can we PLEASE STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS?!
We have absolutely no idea if GGG nerfs Mana Leech/Regen to compensate for Ascendancy, same goes for all the %IPD.

but we can compare classes relative to each other, right? and from comparing them it looks like that there wont be any %ipd changes making 'old knowledge' redundant.

and why would they revert mana changes from 2.1? these were (except for making bow mana sustain trivial - too trivial in fact) pretty good.

and the issue with 2% leech node is that it is conditional. so you have to have backup for the times it isnt 'on'. and if you have backup you do not need the node in the first place. Catch 22 or pre-2.0 Hyrri's Ire.
"
pijanapanda wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

This class is fking sick. Just because some of you dont know how to use this class until you see it on Twitch, doesnt mean it is trash.

Maybe we don't know how to use this class but you don't know either.
All what you write is just bullshit. This game works in different way.

You guys are hilarious. "This game works in different way". Lolz. Maybe you are all just bored? And yes, clearly some of you do not know how to use this class properly.

I feel like PoE forums is just filled with BABIES nowadays who all just whine about Ascension: "Ah my eyes! It's too strong!!", or "HELP ME I think this class is too22 weeeeek!".

Sid is thinking about this class and approaching it in the WRONG way. Are you confusing this class with Juggernaut? It's a different style of build, but I'm not going to bother trying to convince you guys.

I will see y'all in 1 month with your little copy-pasted Berserkers.

And yes: having to sacrifice 2 flask slots to get 1/3rd of the leech on LIGHTNING damage for ~4 seconds duration per sip is a BIG opportunity cost. And why are you talking about Alchemist - this cluster will probably be removed/nerfed and if you are going all the way to Alchemist as Marauder you could easily go to Vaal Pact.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 13, 2016, 2:38:38 PM
cute.
show me a YT of yourself playing a build getting reliably hit for 20%+ WHEN NEEDED. id like to see that.

and ive used VoV. do not try to downplay it.
first - it leeches 30% lightning damage, but ENTIRE leech is instant.
second - you have 2 uses of this flask
third - with Poachers Mark you have more charges than youd ever need. and there are flask mods from belt. you do not even need passives.
fourth - Pathfinder's nodes will keep you topped all the time and the %flask effect you take will make this even more bonkers

i can keep it up for ENTIRE map. no problem. plenty of people can do that too. and you are the first one to say that the cost for immortality is too high.. i mean really? you know what you are talking about? you tell us that 1.5 flasks is too high of a price for practical immortality? are you sane? what EXTREMELY POTENT affix from that .5 flask slot is worth more? please, share.

and - if i can go VP i do not need to go marauder. melee marauder is already a 2nd-rate class.
if you want to play marauder-caster - there is a 3rd class around the corner and the extremely crowded 'elemental classes' pool you can select from.

people selecting this class to play an IW caster.. yeah, id like to see that. doable. but why when one can pick templar and gain so much more?

what will happen is bunch of new players lured with 'big numbers' ending up being grossly disappointed. and all the 'good builds' - as always - gravitating towards the top-right part of the tree where all the power is. i'll bookmark this thread and we will see in 2 weeks how 'bonkers' Berserker builds are. i expect total flop.
Someone told here that "Aspect of Carnage" should at least be accessible in the same time that Cloaked in Savagery, and i agree that it would at least give Berserker a synergy.

Because there is two essentials things that the tree lacks, for me :

- Synergy between tree nodes. There are plenty of example in other classes' tree of synergies. (Like, for example, the "you have fortify" and "better effects of fortify" of the champion).
I don't see reals synergies in berserker's tree.

- Unique effect, or, at least, effect similar to a Keystone or unique item, but easier to obtain, cost less or something similar.
Example in others trees :
Elementalist : Mastermind of discord : very close to "elemental equilibrium", but only positive, and could probably synergise well with "elemental equilibrium"
Hierophant : Divine Guidance is very close to Mind Over Matter, and give you some mana.
I would like to see something like this in the Berserker Tree.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
pijanapanda wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

This class is fking sick. Just because some of you dont know how to use this class until you see it on Twitch, doesnt mean it is trash.

Maybe we don't know how to use this class but you don't know either.
All what you write is just bullshit. This game works in different way.

And yes, clearly some of you do not know how to use this class properly.

I will see y'all in 1 month with your little copy-pasted Berserkers.

Not some of us but most of us (maybe all of us besides you?) don't know.
Enlighten us. Explain your melee Berserker concept.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Feb 13, 2016, 4:06:29 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
some of you do not know how to use this class properly.

Nobody does, not until it is actually released.
Last edited by Extreme_Boyheat on Feb 13, 2016, 4:22:09 PM
The people that say this class is good in any way are either trolls who only play ranged and dont want melee to be better or just wont accept the fact that this class compared to other ones is really weak.

The life and mana leech is pointless, get it? there is no reason to take it cause i wont have that on a boss fight where i acualy need it more than clearing large packs. Not to mention the fact that to get cloaked in savaregy you need to first take that absolutely useless node and cloaked in its self is not even that good comapred to other class nodes. Remove the condition so its acualy a worth wile node saving you from taking leech on tree (i mean why not its not even going to be close to being op or anything), and send vaal pack to mara side where it belongs because we are the ones geting hit and not the 100% movment speed ranged builds.

What is up with rite of ruin??? how is that a large class node? its conditional 5% reduced dmg ( thats acualy nothing at all ) and stun immunity that you dont need since most mara builds go by unawering stance and get it easy are supose to be large buffs? Srsly just use logic and think for a second when comparing this node that has a condition and is bad anyway vs master herbalist from pathfinder that has 0 drawbacks and gives litteraly 4 op bonnuses.

The aspect of carnage makes you take 10% incresed dmg i mean srsly ggg that should be called the aspect of suicide, we ask to have more ways of making our build tanky and you give us more dmg taken???

Only ok nodes in my opinion are war bringer and crave the slaughter, bringer gives you the ability to taunt foes more often allwoing you to play a sort of tank roll in a group and its acualy really useful for some vorici missions also you can cast enduring cry then rallyng cry and have both easy acces to more def and more dmg. As for crave the simple reason its good is because its on geting hit meaning since you are in melee you get hit a lot meaning it will be up when you need it and down when you dont a good node in my opinion and im glad they didnt add some dumb condition like 20% chance on being hit.

This class is incredibly weaker compared to any other class (well elementalist is close to second in terms of weak class) and i hope that the people who acualy say its good (not just troll) or are not begginers of poe enjoy not being able to kill merci mala while i do core mala easy on my other ascendancy class builds.

EDIT: Just remebered this. Prayer of Glory you and nearby allies have 15% increased attack, cast and movement speed if you've used a warcry in the last 4 seconds and using warcries is instant. So litteraly nvm what i said cause this is much better than the warcry skill berserker has.

EDIT 2: Removed the harsh language and changed it since ggg dosent deserve it, im just disapointed with the class never meant to insult anyone and definetly not ggg who made this amazing game i really hope that they have something planned that will give hope for this class.

Last edited by eWlu on Feb 13, 2016, 11:24:31 PM
Savage Hit's being buffed to 10% of life removed on hit would go a long way towards bringing this class up to par. It's not like it doesn't have potential, however it does seem to lack synergy with your 2 remaining Ascendancy points.

Edit: Actually I take that back. It doesn't even synergize well with it's prerequisite Pain Reaver.
Ascendancy notables should fundamentally affect and characterize my gameplay. Other Ascendancy classes offer this, Berserker does not.

I want to see some fucking furious Battle Rage. Savage Hits could have 500% of their damage reflected back to the attacker. Skills (having a chance to be?) repeated with more action speed. Hits ignoring defenses etc
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 13, 2016, 9:24:57 PM
No one steal my original build;
ES mara, Eye of Chaylua, Corrupted Energy (can be turned on/off), MoM, Armor, Zo, The Retch, VP, fortify

Or if you're rich, use scolds or whatever

Get a load of these noobs lmao

If you want to go full retard with phys to lightning and VoV you're looking at 270%+ more potential damage with the retch if you're using scolds with enough damage to yourself along with your instant leech. As long as you're hitting the sweetspot of regular savage hits with CE, and also avoiding insta-rips from life then you've got a very large bonus all the time (protip: most huge hits in the game are hybrid phys, so you'll take a base 25% of the phys hit as life without MoM, and then 30% of that goes to Mana automatically)

I mean ok, you could use the slayers overleech instead of this meme but thats boring.

Just wait and see
Last edited by ihasmario on Feb 14, 2016, 2:42:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info