Berserk - and why this class should be immediately changed [Long] [it seems 2.3 fixes it all]

"
raxleberne wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

phys melee attack damage% =/= attack damage% and that is relevant to support gems.

That should suffice.

Peace,

-Boem-

100% increased phys melee will give exactly same tooltip like 100% increased attack damage

there is no double dipping, i have no idea why you thought otherwise

same logic applies for phys bows for example, there is no difference between generic 10% projectile damage and 10% physical damage with bows. no double dipping occurs, even tooltip is the same

phys melee attack damage = attack damage

Bolted relevant part for dense people?

Also, don't derail this thread from its original topic, i was simply trying to say to sid why this node is still solid in some cases.

If you can't figure out the logic behind my reasoning, then GGG did a good job, that's all.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
raxleberne wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

phys melee attack damage% =/= attack damage% and that is relevant to support gems.

That should suffice.

Peace,

-Boem-

100% increased phys melee will give exactly same tooltip like 100% increased attack damage

there is no double dipping, i have no idea why you thought otherwise

same logic applies for phys bows for example, there is no difference between generic 10% projectile damage and 10% physical damage with bows. no double dipping occurs, even tooltip is the same

phys melee attack damage = attack damage

Bolted relevant part for dense people?

Also, don't derail this thread from its original topic, i was simply trying to say to sid why this node is still solid in some cases.

If you can't figure out the logic behind my reasoning, then GGG did a good job, that's all.

Peace,

-Boem-

yep, i still have absolutely no idea what the hell was your point. you think someone would play phys melee with flat elemental supports or what
It's not even that Boem. Generic Damage scaling gives stuff with limited passives/affixes (like Elemental Damage) a comparatively disproportionate result.

I see where you're coming from though. You do want to entice people into creating that hipster ele-berserker, but the Ascendancy also needs to perform appropriately in it's intended role - as a priority.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 12, 2016, 9:51:03 PM
My thoughts on each:

* Rite of Ruin, War Bringer: these are fine.
* Aspect of Carnage: I actually like the bonus, and I also like the drawback. What I do not like is that it is mutually exclusive with Cloaked in Savegery. I mean, the one time where taking increased Damage has a positive synergy, and you can't even utilize it? That's bull.
*Cloaked in Savegery: I really like the core intent of this one, but the execution is horrible. Savage Hit is a binary qualifier and getting hit for "merely" 15% max health and not having this trigger is essentially punishing players for having more Life.
*Pain Reaver: This thing is just bad. It's a pretty boring effect, it's conditional, and if is a prerequisite for an ability which makes Pain Reaver completely obsolete if it works.
*Crave the Slaughter: This one actually has a problem - 4 seconds is too long. After a fight is over, you want that movement speed back ASAP.

What I'd change:
1. Pain Reaver goes away completely.
2. Aspect of Carnage becomes the new prerequisite for Cloaked in Savagery. Its drawback changes to "20% additional Chance to receive a Critical Strike." It also gains "2% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life while on Low Life."
3. Cloaked in Savagery has all instances of "Savage Hit" replaced with "Critical Strike." Life Leech amount reduced to 10% (still plenty).
4. Crave the Slaughter has its durations reduced to 2 seconds each.
5. Add the following as a new notable after Crave the Slaughter:
Heartseeker
25% more Attack Damage with non-Movement Skills if you've been Hit in the past 2 seconds
25% increased Attack Speed with Movement Skills if you haven't been Hit in the past 2 seconds
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2016, 9:53:43 PM
^25% more non specified attack damage?

And another movement enabler between packs?

Your trying to push it beyond reason i think. Similarly savage hit is much more interesting then "on crit" and then you give it credit for.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : savage hit is mechanically interesting to build around, "on crit" is not it happens and it's boring.
Last edited by Boem on Feb 12, 2016, 9:58:41 PM

okay ive read your first post for the first time xD

"
So in a sense its a sick bonus for elemental builds that wanna double dip on both more melee phys and WeD gem.

derp, now I understand what that blabbling about double-dipping was about. too bad your hipster scenario will never happen and that node is still shit, because double dipping doesnt occur here, attack damage is the same for phys build as physical damage whether they use wed or not, unless they use added flat ele, which would be pointless as fuck. and no ele build scales phys damage either, pointless as fuck too. bolded for dense people
Last edited by raxleberne on Feb 12, 2016, 10:04:40 PM
"
raxleberne wrote:
because double dipping doesnt occur here

"Double dipping" is when a stat in this case "%attack damage" modifies more then one thing.

In fire damage = fire initial hit + burn resulting damage

in projectile = initial hit + damage over time sources

In this case it is both effecting your physical damage scaling and your elemental damage scaling at the same time. So it (the stat itself) is double dipping on WeD and "more melee phys" support gems.

Please keep derailing. . .

Peace,

-Boem-
d
Last edited by Jennik on Feb 13, 2016, 11:32:15 AM
"
Boem wrote:
^25% more non specified attack damage?

And another movement enabler between packs?

Your trying to push it beyond reason i think. Similarly savage hit is much more interesting then "on crit" and then you give it credit for.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : savage hit is mechanically interesting to build around, "on crit" is not it happens and it's boring.
The "25% more" is difficult to trigger for most Attack builds which are attempting speed clears (meaning: hit whole screen with AoE or with chaining projectiles). Sure, you could use Scold's Bridle, but that's more of a caster item. For the most part, waiting to get hit only really helps builds with a short-ranged main skill, and those builds need all the help they can get.

The 25% increased Attack Speed for Movement Skills is not hard to trigger. And it's pretty good. So the suggested notable is pretty good.

Regarding Cloaked in Savagery, if by "interesting to build around" you mean frustrating and inconsistent, then yeah, sure. Getting hit is a drawback on its own, getting crit is a big drawback. It deserves a big bonus.

Edit: 2% mana leech is relevant. But I don't want mana mentioned anywhere on Marauder trees, because Blood Magic keystone.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2016, 10:44:55 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
raxleberne wrote:
because double dipping doesnt occur here

"Double dipping" is when a stat in this case "%attack damage" modifies more then one thing.

In fire damage = fire initial hit + burn resulting damage

in projectile = initial hit + damage over time sources

In this case it is both effecting your physical damage scaling and your elemental damage scaling at the same time. So it (the stat itself) is double dipping on WeD and "more melee phys" support gems.

Please keep derailing. . .

Peace,

-Boem-

It's not a derail at all, it's a discussion of the effect and utility of that notable. Part of that discussion is your incredibly nonstandard use of the term "double dipping".

Typically, double dipping refers to applying twice to the same damage. Projectile damage double dips with DoTs because the initial hit is scaled up, the DoT is based on the initial hit, and then the DoT is scaled again. If you have 100% increased projectile damage, you do 2x as much initial hit damage and 4x as much DoT. That's why it's referred to as double dipping, it multiplies with itself in its effect on the DoT relative to the original damage. Assuming the DoT is poison, you have 100 dps from the initial hits, and there are no other modifiers, you'd get 120 dps unmodified and 280 damage modified.

Now let's look at base 120 dps with 100 physical and 20 elemental(doesn't matter if it's flat or converted). If you get 100% increased attack damage, you'll get 240 dps. It's not double dipping because it doesn't add or multiply with itself. 280 dps vs 240 dps is what double dipping means here(16% more damage), it is a substantial boost to damage(that becomes a much more substantial as you push it higher and higher) so it's important to use the term appropriately.

The 100% increased attack damage synergizes best with elemental buzzsaw type builds that have a little bit of every type(like a 2 aps jewelled foil does) and are thus hard to scale without generic modifiers like attack or projectile damage. These builds are pretty far out of fashion these days though. Unless there are some serious buffs to that category of build(and there may be, we've yet to see the patch notes), the increased damage taken drawback on that node is completely unjustifiable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info