So, I finally managed to save up enough rare Talismans for 1 Tier 4 rare.

And by that, I mean I STILL didn't have enough and gambled with 4 rares and a white.

Got 'lucky' and got a rare.

You know what?

Its utter trash.

An entire leagues worth of saving these damn things for absolute shit vendor trash reward.

Talisman is easily, EASILY my least favorite league thus far. Finally got the apple dangled on the hook, it turned out to be rotten.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Its very high chances of getting trash talismans, its better not focusing on going up tier by combining talismans on stone circles, but keeping better ones for actual usage. Combining talismans its like a second chance for trash talismans to get better from my perspective.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
You know what? ... Its utter trash.

hold on a minute ... there's gambling in poe?

if you spent good rare t3 talismans to get this one you did it wrong.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
At least you have a rare T4 talisman... still on my way.
Three month isn't enough time for such a massive grind like talisman (league) x.X

... still like to see talisman mechanic added to the core game... but if they keep the numbers with 5t for each tier to advance to the next level we still need at least (!) one talisman mob per zone even in core game (giving it a talisman league feeling) or it will take most likely years to farm 1 rigwald (with suited ilvl) oO
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
The core idea of the league was quite good, but I wasn't the only one predicting at the start of the league that the grind for the talismans was simply excessive (I played quite a lot this league, but even the most minimal downtime/holidays ruins any chance of a 'successful' league). This made the league quite unimpactful, and to make matters worse obviously rng is a factor and if you make a huge effort to get those rare amulets t4 then rng will prob give you trash back - a very unsatisfactory result for what is A LOT of grinding!
If GGG 'repeat' this system in the future I hope they will learn from it - 125 base items is just too harsh, and the t1s themselves had little impact. Even if in the core game (maybe only higher levels) T2s and maybe even rarely T3s spawned then that would have reduced the grind to 'acceptable' levels (and added some danger/unpredictability ie risk/reward that was still optional). Either way, 125 was just too much lol
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Feb 12, 2016, 8:08:33 AM
And some lucky bastard already has unique tier 4 -.-
The reason I stopped playing talisman >1 month ago. Fought Rigwald once, got 1 blue T4 talisman and that's it.

"Good idea, bad implementation" == recurring problem in PoE
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
yes the rng on talismans is beyond ridiculous, problem i see is they created content with the potential of being extremely overpowered and to balance that GGG made the odds of geting a good one so rare that you are probably more likely to find a mirror than a decent rare talisman.

i am still on the idea that talismans should be nich amulets say:
keep implicit
make them all blue (1 or 2 mods)
50-100% increased mods value

this way they are good for nich or min/max builds but not a straight upgrade to rare amulets.

"
Andrius319 wrote:
And some lucky bastard already has unique tier 4 -.-

reached tier 3 unique with the first try, but i dint want to push my luck.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I stopped trying to achieve that after a couple of attempt to make decent rare t3s, they all became absolute garbage so I foreseen what happened to you right from the start and focused on tradding good t1/t2 instead.
I am glad this league is almost over, worst league ever made

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info