Blast rain w/ Elemental damage with weapons ?

Hi,

as the title almost tells the question, does the increased Elemental damage with weapons modifier works with Blast rain ?

thanks much

Of course. It's an Attack, and 'with Weapons' is a synonym for 'Attack'. :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
What about unarmed attacks? :o
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
What about unarmed attacks? :o

Right, weapon implies attack but attack doesn't have to be with a weapon. Elemental damage with weapons obviously doesn't work when unarmed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
only if you manage to be unarmed while wielding a weapon
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 10, 2016, 2:06:25 PM
Just noticed that I didn't specify that I wanted to know if the increased Elemental damage with weapons modifier was increasing the fire damage being converted from Blast rain ... if that changes anything !

Thanks again in advance !
Last edited by KevT90 on Feb 10, 2016, 3:55:15 PM
"
Just noticed that I didn't specify that I wanted to know if the increased Elemental damage with weapons modifier was increasing the fire damage being converted from Blast rain ... if that change anything !

Thanks again in advance !
Answer's still yes.

FYI, when converting from one damage type to another, the converted damage counts as both the source and target type for the purposes of determining what bonuses apply. In the case of Blast Rain, both physical and elemental/fire damage bonuses increase the fire portion.
I plan on taking the Avatar of fire keystone which will convert 50% of my physical to fire damage so with blast rain that makes it 100% to fire.

Although my gear / weapons don't have ele damage.

would the support gem Weapon elemental damage work ? Will it multiplie the fire damage from after the conversion or is this a non working mechanic ?

Yes, Weapon Elemental Damage multipliers will work.

Conversion always happens before Damage multipliers, and Converted damage benefits from modifiers to the source type. In your case, you Convert Physical damage to Fire damage - the resulting Fire damage benefits from both Physical and Fire damage modifiers. Fire inherently includes Elemental damage, so WED applies as well!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info