Crit Facebreaker and the Assassin Subclass

I havn't played Crit Facebreaker so far but I did read some guides and saw a few gameplay videos. Alot of these builds had problems to get consitent critical strikes. Now the 'Deadly Infusion' Keystone from the Assassin Subclass does bring 0.5% Base Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge. I can't help myself but think that this will bring the One Punch Facebreaker to the next level.

So for those of you guys who played Crit Facebreaker: Do you think this will be the way to go? Or would you prefer another subclass?
i played crit facebreaker and switched to a dagger build since it really wasnt suitable imho. You loose to much when using the talsiman instead of a good one. Damage wasnt the problem though the damage was insanely high but you had so many problem to get good life and resistances it wasnt even funny
It's kinda hard to imagine any truly crit-focused build not going Assassin.

Or really, pretty much any build that uses crits at all and is in the upper half of the tree with access to at least one +1 power charge notable and cares about damage.

That damn ascendancy passive is just insanely strong. I really hope they look at the numbers on it again before Ascendancy comes out.

---

I'm sure one-punch will be viable with other trees, of course. The bigger problem is that it's a league-specific unique which absolutely blows in non-legacy leagues.

It'll take, what, grinding the fuck out of Zana Talisman to get at least one Night's Hold, then grinding those at 20% chance a pop to get Rigwald's Curse. Not... sure how that's going to work.

Someone needs to make a div card for it asap.
"
pneuma wrote:
Someone needs to make a div card for it asap.

Yeah, in the unlikely case talisman doesn't make the core game. If it does, it probably won't be a rare card, the item is very specialized and the build it enables is far from all-powerful. Too bad we can't have the 'perfect facebreaker' card, I don't think anyone even tries to build it with a pair below 750%.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
pneuma wrote:
It's kinda hard to imagine any truly crit-focused build not going Assassin.

Or really, pretty much any build that uses crits at all and is in the upper half of the tree with access to at least one +1 power charge notable and cares about damage.

That damn ascendancy passive is just insanely strong. I really hope they look at the numbers on it again before Ascendancy comes out.

eh, im not sure. i don't think things will become path of assassin. most crit builds have enough crit and getting more crit chance just isn't...efficient. you'd be better off getting penetration (if coc) or higher damage rather than higher base crit.

going from 75% to 95% crit rate is not the best use of your ascendancy tree in my opinion. what i do think will happen is people who need boosts in crit rate will definitely go assassin, so instead of seeing every crit build go shadow i think we'll just start seeing a lot more crit builds.

with assassin you could make crit incinerate work pretty easily with around a 30% crit rate without much trouble.
you can now easily make an effective and efficient quill rain CoC build. might even become the new go-to.

the most enticing thing about assassin for crit builds already i'd say is the incredible amount of crit damage it offers. i expect this to get slightly tweaked though, honestly.
If it's possible to get a 50% crit chance without murdering your defensive options, I foresee an Ambush assassin with Ice Crash being the way to go. Something like: Phase run between packs, pop Ice Crash when the pack's in your AoE range, vaporize the pack and freeze anybody still around long enough for a second or third attack. Your damage would be so high, Herald of Ash would probably be enough to finish off even bosses that don't instantly shatter.

The only thing you would have to worry about are ambushing mobs like Devourers or dropbears. The damage penalty from Abyssus is probably the largest hurdle, you can't just hide behind the screen-sized range of Vaal Reave like most Abyssus builds these days do. The clear speed might be fast enough that you can rely on Lightning Coil + permanent Taste of Hate for physical mitigation. I'd probably run Enfeeble Blasphemy just to be safe.

I might actually try this out on Standard, since I've got a 995 pair of FBs and pretty much all the tools to make this work, including a lovely +1 curse Bloodgrip.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info