[Question] Uber Dual Vaal Fight as Bow Ranger

Ive done over 150 atziri runs and finally found a hope . Tried to do uber and failed hard at the first boss...
( there was a point at the start of my atziri runs where my dps wasnt high it slowly evolved over the many many runs)
I am a tornando shot puncture ranger and i did what i normally do at atziri

1. lay down 3 traps at boss one ( Normal: usually it dies with 3 traps)
2. Dps boss 2 ( Normal: boss 2 dies here)
3. dps boss 1 (Normal :to finish if step 1 fails)
4. Things went horribly wrong after this...

Step 1 : The 3 traps did not do anything
2. tried to dps boss 2 and it was shit dps did not do much
3. did not get any charges
4 . both the bosses id the aoe ice skills
5. for some reason i felt like i was moving in slow motion ( not walking on chilled ground)
6. Was trying to run counter clockwise
7. one of the vaals was close to the wall at the left corner ... no room to move -- died
8. I kept dying to the ball lightning... even though i had a topaz flask and caped light resist.

Normal atziri i have these flasks
and at atzirii'i promise

for uber i switched the atiziri promise with a topaz flask..

I have 60 MS .

IS my dps shit in Uber? I have like 60k dps with hatred + HOI but it felt like i was not doing any damage and the fight dragged on and on and on...

Should i be changing my flasks and going for all 3 life flasks +2 topaz? or 2 life+1 quicksilver + 2 topaz?

Even while clearing the map i didnt get any power charges and getting frenzy charges was hard for some reason... i was looking at 100k+ dps with my original flasks but even that seemed slow in clearing the mobs...
How much health do the mobs in uber have?

I do get it that trying to run counterclockwise is the strategy... but what do you do when one of the vaals is close to the wall...

Do puncture traps not work for uber dual boss?

What is the strategy here... just focus on 1 boss and bring it to cull or try to bring it to cull till it goes into hiding and then work on the other boss ?
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 10, 2016, 1:10:27 AM
This is a very specific topic as not that much players have experience with über (I don't). If you don't get any answer, maybe repost in gameplay section.

Did you consider using PoL instead of HoI for vaal duo? And beware with Vinktar, don't forget it shocks you. Going Vaal Pact + magic topaze flask may be safer (I may tall you craps, don't forget I've never done übers ;)).

"
How much health do the mobs in uber have?
A lot I guess, considering the level of the map.

"
Do puncture traps not work for uber dual boss?
no reason it wouldn't. Did you place them properly? Also maybe your traps expired before the vaal boss appeared.

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 10, 2016, 2:59:43 AM
I barely made the int stat requirement HOI + level 13 Curse on hit..

But checking neversinks augmented skill tree and mathil's blast rain tree ( oddly very close to each other / similar ) i notice the full full life leech nodes taken along with vaal pact.

With my current setup i do atziri with ease ( it feels like i have mirror bow ) i have charges up all the time and my dps with charges is 98k and goes to 160k+ with flasks ( TOH vintkar and atziris promise- I skip the split phase 80% of the time and am able to do speed runs.)

Domine Non Es Dignus
*bump*
Domine Non Es Dignus
Hey mate. If you have trouble try to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixr8xY8VcXA

Mathil shows good movement (okay the double vaal is a bit messy), but overall try to move in the general area he is moving (northern and western edge of map).
Disclaimer: I never killed Uber, take everything I said with a grain of salt.

While your DPS and stats may be fine for normal Atziri, don't forget that Uber has 100% increased monster life and damage. It might be the reason why you felt slow while killing them. It might also be the reason why their ball lightning was hitting you like a truck.

Step 7 was just bad luck. Sometimes they like being jerks and placing themselves right in a corner or close to a wall leaving you with no space to move around them.

Also, don't forget that while the zone is essentially the same (layout and mob content wise), there are many differences compared to Normal Atziri (health and damage modifiers, Atziri casting faster, her flameblasts having fire pen, etc.)
IGN: AlrithrienDuelheartX (Low Lvl PvP-only), AryaShurtugal (lvl 86 ranger)
Last edited by Alrithrien on Feb 12, 2016, 11:31:38 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Hey mate. If you have trouble try to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixr8xY8VcXA

Mathil shows good movement (okay the double vaal is a bit messy), but overall try to move in the general area he is moving (northern and western edge of map).

Frank , this is one of the first videos I've studied. This was back in 2014 - but it accurately depicts the situation . There were two times he died to ball lightning . That is the single most fucked up skill.

Here is a video of mine in the exact same situation at normal atziri but i used a blink arrow to try and escape it, I seemingly escaped because it was normal atziri .. It seemingly looks like i dodge it but i was taking damage all the while through the skill.

But when it is at uber even with that sort of trying to escape the hits of ball lightning are just too strong and you die anyways..

Fuck skill fuck gameplay - just cant seem to safely evade it with any skill...

I'ts not about luck for every situation there should be a skill way for you to evade/overcome /circumvent it. having fail /half baked skills like blink arrow is just setting up players who use it for failure.
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info