lightning mage marauder

I know this is templar forums but I didn't want to confuse the marauders with this crazy build, ES isn't something many marauders get and wanted good advice on ES so here goes.

Currently making this build on HC. Build revolves around using

Firstly this build is a massive pain to get going. I don't even really start casting spells until mid act 1 cruel. Have planned this out a bit but was wanting opinions on the spec, and perhaps any minor changes that could be made.

I guess as a preface- this build takes zealot's oath because blood magic blocks ES regen, however this is a str/int hybrid. Str armour is horrid to try and get blue sockets on (sick of trying lol). Made a similar character before and this lack of ES was literally killing me.

Also using spark just because I like lightning spells, but the helm buffs lightning a bit too so that's a bonus :D

This build is made for hardcore, so survivability is a must. As such my build currently:
link

Immediate goal is this:
link

Once ES has been buffed a bit will grab ZO and some more offence. Here is late game 90 point build.
link

Currently using a 4L on sparks to add Life Leech, Fork and Faster Casting. If I can get a 6L next sockets are for Iron Will and maybe Added Chaos Damage. If my cast speed seems fine I might drop faster casting for crit damage or crit chance or maybe added lightning damage. Maybe faster projectiles could be used also for more damage.

Life Leech is mandatory, as it will be used to offset the life cost of casting spells.

Other skills are:
Conductivity
Discipline with reduced mana (once I get Zealot's Oath)
Devouring totem

This is a totally crazy build but I am sure I can make it work. Just looking for advice though, any small changes I could make to that last build. Would dropping the ES/ES recovery nodes at witch to get the es/armour ones from that big node left of templar be better? Too much offence nodes for hardcore? Grab more -mana cost%? Is evasion aura also worth using, just for a small evade chance boost? Use spark totem instead of devouring totem? Any other skills to use?

Any tips or ways to reduce wasteful point spending welcome!
So some further information. One thing I am not sure on at all is the reduced ES recovery. Is this a good investment with ZO? Not grabbing those will save a ton of passive points for more es/armour and +hp% nodes.

This is my main point of interest with this build. Remember as I cast it will block ES regen anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info