Plz recommend me a good, cheapish 'poison' build

Yeah IK the time has practically passed, for this league. I stubbornly played two nerfed builds:

1. SRS (sux now, of course. retarded AI. stuck with it to see if end-game gear would make it any better, but no: now you just have a bunch of powerful SRS who stand around and diddle themselves, instead of fewer, weaker ones who stand around and diddle themselves.)

2. dual incin totem (started as a screw-off build but fun once I got sire of shards, and decently powerful overall w/ my end-game-ish gear.)

but of course "poison" is all the rage and I just want to experience the nuclear OP-ness of it so I don't have to look back and say "I had a chance but..."

So, I am looking for either links to some qualifying builds, or just a quick "use these skills, use this gear, use these strategies/tactics" kind of response. TY!
Bladefall poison trapper.
Almost 0 gear investment to be effective.
Check my HemlockBow character. He was pretty cheap (5L lioneye's glare and a 5L chest are all you need) and could clear most content quite easily.

Of course if you want to be stronger you probably want voltaxic instead and a different tree(chaos focused and maybe crit).
If you want to feel like a real God, then just one election is posible with Poison... Chaos FlameBlast.

Required:

Even with five links you will feel like a god...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNDbH2HdBxU
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
CD/Bino's is certainly "cheapish", but not really cheap. Bino's and CD are both ~1ex, which can be a bit of a barrier to entry.

---

My personal favorite, dirt cheap build is an ED Abyssal poisoner.
Now... hear me out...

Abyssal Cry + Poison + Void Manip + AoE is the most ludicrous 4L in the game for low investment AoE clearing. Yes, it's limited by cooldown and yes, it's melee range, but you tag a pile, kill one enemy, and the whole pile crumbles.

Now, what's great for single target and scales heavily from chaos/dot investment? Essence Drain, of course. ED + ConDest + RapidDecay + Void Manip is the cheapo 4L, with stuff like Empower and SlowProj as the 5/6L.

The build takes chaos% nodes, a few degen% nodes, and aside from that, maxes out defenses (block, life, evasion, armor, acrobatics, eshield, who gives a fuck). Grab the Shadow starting offensive nodes and then you're free to roam about the cabin. Fuck crit.

Every encounter looks like this:
- Vuln the pack/boss either from Blasphemy or hardcasting or CoH
- (For really tough bosses) Drop a Wither + SpellTotem + FasterCasting
- Abyssal Cry the pack
- ED the weakest enemy

And that's it. All dead in Shimoda. And if you stick a Bino's on there, god help the enemies. You'll have stupid amount of life regen and poison stacks will redirect from dead weak enemies onto living, strong enemies.

But note, the Bino's is totally not needed. Neither is a +1/2/3 linkage for your ED, neither is RF or spell damage investment, or really fucking anything.

The whole build works on 2 4Ls, one curse, and it'll fly through maps.

Besides, if you're already dropping an ex, screw Bino's, get a Voltaxic and run LA and keep up with everyone else.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 9, 2016, 7:21:29 PM
Buy a cheap rattle snake and throw it someone .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Bladefall poison trapper.
Almost 0 gear investment to be effective.

SHHHHHH..>>STAPH. PPL WILL CATCH ON. Loool.

Personally running Budget 4L Remote mine Poison Bladefall CI using soulstrike + darkscorn. Fast clears. Not that squishy. PM in-game if you want to see it in action.

My IGN: Best_Saboteur_NA
Well, if you wanna try out poison in a balanced form, you can take a look at my namesake character, who's using bloodlust-viperstrike, poison-spectral throw, and a bleed-inflicting ice crash with both of the Rigwald weapons. The Rigwald weapons might make it mildly pricey, but they can pretty easily be replaced by Jack, the Axe and a rare 1h sword (or a dagger/claw, i guess) until you can shore up an ex or two for them.

It's not using any of the nonsensical exploitable scalings and double-dippings (like trap and projectile damage, or chaos damage+Consuming Dark) that make poison overpowered right now, relying on actually investing into poison and damage over time nodes instead of just getting extra poison damage for picking up nodes you'd get for your initial hits anyway.

Idk, call me a hipster or a purist or whatever, but I agree with GGG's intent that they want poison to be something you have to go out of your way to invest in to get superior returns... it's just too bad their own implementation of poison doesn't agree with that intent at all.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 9, 2016, 11:24:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info