Why this game still doesn't have respecs?

I refuse to spoil any info by copying builds which is lame. I want to experience and try stuff on my own.

If I want to try even slightly different I need to always make level1. Why can't you have freedom like in diablo3 where you can freely change runes/skills when you want?

Why it's ok to copypaste build but when you want to be creative then you're suddenly punished. Can't anyone else see this contradiction? Only way new player avoids being punished is by pressing ctrl+c + ctrl+v and that takes 0 effort.

And no this doesn't kill replayability. You still have new seasons and 100 levels ahead of you. You can also create new characters.

It only makes it more convenient for new players and they spend more time figuring out this game instead copying some veterans who played this 1000+ hours. Only way to respec is orb of regret which has hideous low droprate.

Add freedom to this game.

Several times a year you get a free respec.
Why compare poe to that horrid game d3? Poe is much more like d2. If you didn't play that game, it's way better than d3 also. D2 didn't have free respecs always and forever either.
Spending points in this game have an impact and aren't easily changed. This makes you think about your decisions and is a feature not a bug.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
The game is pretty respec-friendly already. There used to be a short list of highly desired "drop-only gems" - which you couldn't get except by rare luck or player trading. You could only get one copy of each quest gem per quest. Nowadays, as long as you have required quest state/class, you have practically free access to 99.5% of the gems in the game. Need 3x Melee Physical Damage? Done in a jiffy. You also get full respecs once every 4 months or so. Not to mention the free 21 quest respec points.

The more you play the game and get to know the game, the more forgiving it gets. Part of the game developers' intentions is for choices to have meaning. They have little meaning as is. Leveling up isn't a big deal either, especially if you know what you're doing. Low level character + gem flexibility of higher level character = basically freespec.

Respect to your opinion, though. Maybe with a loud enough voice repeating the same thing, things will change? Who knows.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Goredeath wrote:
If I want to try even slightly different I need to always make level1. Why can't you have freedom like in diablo3 where you can freely change runes/skills when you want?

It was estimated to be harmful to the game, total loss of the sense of permanence in your character development isn't acceptable. The game is already fairly lenient on that account, actually more than any other game in the genre except D3.

You can usually see if your build is a dud or not by the time you reach level 70, which doesn't take long. If your build took a few wrong turns it can usually be fixed, but if it was messed up completely it's cheaper to take it from the beginning, which is perfectly justified, you didn't just miss the target, you missed the entire shooting range.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
This game has many problems, but respec isn't one of them. You get one free every skill tree change (several times a year), and you can undo a lot of damage you done to the build with free respec points you get from quests. And if that isn't enough, you have orbs of regret to further tweak your build...
"
adghar wrote:

Respect to your opinion, though. Maybe with a loud enough voice repeating the same thing, things will change? Who knows.

this is the eternal topic. It was said many times by devs that decisions are supposed to matter and also that the respec already exists in game

but perhaps, one day, GGG decide to betray the original and proclaimed game design and change it to be friendly to the masses, allowing things like free respecs, high drops of best items, easy 6Linking, idiot-proof game progress and character customization system, no death penalties, easy lvl 100 for everyone, free MF based on level, Flippers House, and similar..

I have a feeling that balance changes (to counter sub-classes powers and some other issues like crit or poison) in Ascendancy will tell us a lot about the future direction

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I got 99 problems but a respec ain't one.

It's absolutely not necessary to copy builds, but you will need to research and a good plan. Laissez faire don't work in poe.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
You pritty much missed my point.

Your argument is "penalty for making wrong decisions". How does new player know how it will work for his build? And at same sentence you support copying other people builds to get close to optimal.

It's wrong thing to make your choices in game but it's totally legit to make other people choices. This game unfortunally encourages to that and thus removing freedom for game.
Last edited by Goredeath on Feb 9, 2016, 11:58:53 AM
"
Goredeath wrote:
You pritty much missed my point.
Your argument is "penalty for making wrong decisions". How does new player know how it will work for his build? And at same sentence you support copying other people builds to get close to optimal.

trial and error + research

I messed up the first char completely, got stuck with second a difficulty later. The third one made it to endgame. I make working builds since than. Never copied any build

Actually, I think that copying other builds is the worst way to learn the stuff needed to make your own working builds
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 9, 2016, 12:04:54 PM
"
friendly to the masses, allowing things like free respecs

I can never get even to top10 rift in diablo3 because I can't dedicate that much time to it. That's not my complaint.

My complaint is to add more freedom to this game. 99% of new players just copy veteran builds which for me completely destroys immersion. If you don't do that you just penalize yourself until you figure out you might want to test something different. Everytime you think that way you can't pritty much reach anywhere unless you have time to live in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info