Fails from a failure

Yeah, so... I've had a couple of fails this league. I thought it might be helpful and maybe a little therapeutic to list some personal fails and maybe folks could list their own. It doesn't hurt and might help someone else.

Fail #1 -
I was leveling a Marauder that would eventually be an arc caster. He's doing well, now. But for the first part of his tree he didn't get any dps nodes and it was easy to just level as two hand melee.
When I finally switched to Arc I forgot that Life Gain on Hit doesn't work with spells. This wouldn't be so bad but I didn't catch it until someone else pointed it out and the gem was lvl 19.

Fail #2 -
I was looking for a flask to spend chance orbs on. I went on the wiki and found the flask that drops off the unique map spawned from selling the four staffs. It can't be chanced. The wiki didn't say that. So I looked on YouTube to see if anyone had chanced it. The search produced a video that wasn't the flask I was after but I didn't notice it and started chancing Topaz flasks. I maybe spent ~20 chance orbs on a flask that can't be chanced. In the meantime I kept hearing about that flask and knew for sure it couldn't be chanced but thought I was chancing for a different flask.
Pretty big fail on my part. It took a bit for me to understand how I could have screwed that up so bad but it is what it is.

Share your own fails?
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
this league, my memorable fails included:

* I accidentally clicked the only carto box (white) I found in a higher map
* I died many times from something stupid when checking drops, most of the time from some DoT or the "bearer" bloodline mod
* I crafted wrong hybrid defense mod on a 5L item I rolled with chaos (lvl 6 Haku) .. got helped by community
* my first build's design has failed (did not work with the gear I could afford), so I had to make another character (I turned the first one to complete different build later)

not that bad
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 8, 2016, 1:31:15 PM
Every single time I deleted a dead character this league, I forgot to unequip my jewels. I don't know how many exalts worth of jewels I've lost this way, but it has to be at least a few stacks by now. The sad thing is that I'll most likely never stop doing it. It's one thing to remember to look at the gear my character's wearing, but looking at her passive tree is completely different.
Before the last re-spec, I spent many hours theorycrafting what I thought would be a powerful build: my take on crit Ice Nova with 100% conversion to fire. I got the items needed, waited for the re-spec and allocated the points...

I had a hard time killing the skeletons in Merciless Ledge. With a level 75 character. I didn't pursue this build much further.

The above story was repeated 1:1 with my Chin Sol Rain of Arrows Shadow as well as my CI Vaal Righteous Fire witch. Luckily some of the other builds turned out well or I might have had to do what I really don't like: leveling.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Ludvator wrote:

* I died many times from something stupid when checking drops, most of the time from some DoT or the "bearer" bloodline mod
* I crafted wrong hybrid defense mod on a 5L item I rolled with chaos (lvl 6 Haku) .. got helped by community
* my first build's design has failed (did not work with the gear I could afford), so I had to make another character (I turned the first one to complete different build later)

not that bad

Did you post about that carto here? If not I heard on twitch about someone else doing that this season. I found one carto in a Cells map and only managed +1 rare & +1 item after spending a crap-ton of currency. So, maybe you just saved some wealth, lol.

Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
While leveling, in Cruel I decided it would be a good idea to fight a ghosted Bharkul. It was going okey-ish until my phone alarm rang, which I mistook for a call... fighting ghosted Bharkul with one hand is quite hard. Could've been deathless on this char :(.
For quite a while I was using HoT-CoH-Enfeeble-Blasphemy thinking that CoH would take care of far away mobs. Then I decided to start using discipline instead of blasphemy but I left it in the socket, soon after I realized that CoH-Enfeeble doesn't work if it's linked with blasphemy.

Edit: Fail 2- I've been wondering why my Lightning Warp was so slow even though linked with faster casting and reduced duration. Then I just realized I have 90% increased duration on my tree for my spark.
Last edited by Kaicimo on Feb 8, 2016, 7:31:54 PM
"
slatra wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

not that bad

Did you post about that carto here? If not I heard on twitch about someone else doing that this season. I found one carto in a Cells map and only managed +1 rare & +1 item after spending a crap-ton of currency. So, maybe you just saved some wealth, lol.

no I didnt, not such a big deal, but you are right, it is hard now to roll something decent on them
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
This happened a couple weeks back:
I was pretty tired, so I told myself "one more map, and then I'll go to bed".

I grabbed my highest level map from my stash. It also happened to be unID.
I figured I'd end the night on a high note with tons of high level loot dropping.

I ran over to the map device, opened it up, control clicked the map in, and hit "accept".

I waited a moment but nothing happened. I opened my inventory to try again, but the map was no longer there.

Instead, I found:
Spoiler

Now, suddenly more awake, I realize that I had not put my best map into the map device, I had sold it to Zana who was standing near my map area.

I now keep these shards in my map tab to remind myself not to be an idiot.

PS: Thanks for scam Zana. I guess this is where she gets all the maps to use for her daily missions.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Infernal Blow build with Oro's, 99.9% fire damage.

Use alchemy orb on white map.

Mods include Elemental Equilibrium, Players cursed with Enfeeble, and Beyond.

"Eh, can't be that bad."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info