How badly will a KB totem build suck?

Think that shit could clear endgame maps decently?
I'm totally ignorant in KB mechanics and usage.

So here's my opionion you are not allowed to ignore!

GG wand + inc aoe nodes + gem + unique jewel which makes your totem shoot 3 projectiles instead of one + frost wall

You are going to win! Trust me. I know what am I saying.
Not a signature.
I made one. Was satisfied with it so i made a short guide for it. Expected nothing, but it was chosen as a Build of the week, even though it was using low budget gear and was (still is) unfinished and about a halfway to its real potential

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458093

proper movement and totem placement is crucial
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 8, 2016, 11:55:29 AM
Wow that is a way more baller ass post than I was expecting, thanks man! Would upvote you if I could.
dunno what you mean by upvoting:)

truth is that it is my personal shame, that the guide is still not updated and character not finished. but the guide is still relevant so you can use it for inspiration
KB doesn't help your clear speed. A totemer build can certainly clear endgame maps assuming the totem dps is high enough to just murder stuff (offscreen).

---

KB totems as a utility/supporting character, that's some super interesting stuff. Especially with Lockstep, knockback is somewhat reliable (whereas in the past, KB with Predictive was a desync engine).

Aside from SWT, taking King of the Hill (with bows) is a sure way to get easy knockback. Past that, you'll need Projectile Weakness curse and possibly the Knockback support gem if your attack speed isn't super high.

The dream is a build that is kinda permanently offscreening things because they immediately get knocked off the screen as soon as they show up.

In the end, though, if you're doing the killing, it doesn't help you much to delay killing them until later. The only place where KB is super interesting is against enemies that try to rush you down (leapers).
"
pneuma wrote:
KB doesn't help your clear speed.

Uhh, Kinetic Blast doesn't help clear speed of a Kinetic Blast build? :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
kb with pierce has high range and coverage
"
raics wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
KB doesn't help your clear speed.

Uhh, Kinetic Blast doesn't help clear speed of a Kinetic Blast build? :)

Knockback.
Kinetic Blast.

FOA.
Spoiler
FOA = Fucking overloaded acronyms.
"
pneuma wrote:
FOA.

right, I though you were making an elaborate statement about the ridiculousness of it all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info