So I heard Zana will become somewhat useful again.

GGG always manage to make me laugh... Tier here, Tier there, Tier this, Tier that, Tier everywere, and now GGG make a table with levels and say Level... lol
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Perq wrote:
Useful? In PoE? What are you, mad? :D

You must remember that other masters cannot give you dailes that are on a decent level, which you can get experience from. They need to be godawfuly low, so it is both boring AND waste of time!
That is how it is done - everything is useless, so we don't have to bother with balancing!

/s

On a serious note, Masters were ANOTHER great idea, that has been totally ruined by GGG being afraid of making anything useful. They could make Master's missions harder, which would yield more exp/reputation/items, which would make whole painful leveling process faster, but also more exciting. You would think can I complete this dangerous and fascinating mission instead of how many fucking times will I need to reset that instance?!.

But they instead decided to go with their standard approach - make everything useless, so they don't have to be dealing with balancing. Other examples? Talismans, Tormented spirits (lets make it terrible, because some guy broke it in very specific way), Beyond (map drops), Ambush (cartographers)... and probably more that I can't think off right now.

And honestly, Zana's dailies are the most useful ones atm. Which says a lot about whole Masters thing, in general.
all the things that you listed are useful. you must have pretty high standards to consider them 'useless'.
"
Perq wrote:
Useful? In PoE? What are you, mad? :D

You must remember that other masters cannot give you dailes that are on a decent level, which you can get experience from. They need to be godawfuly low, so it is both boring AND waste of time!
That is how it is done - everything is useless, so we don't have to bother with balancing!

/s

On a serious note, Masters were ANOTHER great idea, that has been totally ruined by GGG being afraid of making anything useful. They could make Master's missions harder, which would yield more exp/reputation/items, which would make whole painful leveling process faster, but also more exciting. You would think can I complete this dangerous and fascinating mission instead of how many fucking times will I need to reset that instance?!.

But they instead decided to go with their standard approach - make everything useless, so they don't have to be dealing with balancing. Other examples? Talismans, Tormented spirits (lets make it terrible, because some guy broke it in very specific way), Beyond (map drops), Ambush (cartographers)... and probably more that I can't think off right now.

And honestly, Zana's dailies are the most useful ones atm. Which says a lot about whole Masters thing, in general.

Although exaggerated there is a pinch of truth in this post. Almost all Zana mods were nerfed to death, noone uses them for maximizing xp or income anymore, no point. Now Domination has taken the role of Ambush, how long till it gets "balanced" too? Do we have too much fun again?

Edit: oh wait, Zana mods are still useful - for chancing headhunter and voll's devotion. Top lel

"
grepman wrote:
this is implying that she's useless now. she's not.

She is useless as a hideout master. She is great to be met in maps and thats all. No point in keeping her after lever 4 when she gives Dominatiom map mod. Not a single fucking one.
Last edited by raxleberne on Feb 8, 2016, 7:34:22 AM
"
Nothing significant. +1 level for max zana daily.

Isn't it +2 at master level 8? Right now Zana gives 73-75 maps, and after the patch it'll be 75-77, so that's kinda significant. Of course, she never should have been nerfed in the first place...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Yep, zana will be making it back into my hideout in Ascendancy (and not just because of the challenge to get her to 8). I'll keep her, Elreon, Vorici, Leo, and whatever other master catches my eye. Should be able to hit level 8 in a month or so of 820 rotations. I'm glad to see GGG decided to make her dailies worth doing just for the sake of doing them again.

I might try out her new signature mod once or twice to see if it's effective. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to running global 820 rotations again next league :)
75-77 for Zana 8 is still low. It takes 3-4 days in a league to get to 75-77 maps. And it takes 3-4 weeks to get to Zana 8. So, by the time you get Zana 8 you won't need 75-77 maps and most likely those maps will be already cheaper on poe trade than her vendor prices.

Zana should give missions:
Zana 5 72-74
Zana 6 74-76
Zana 7 76-77
Zana 8 77-78

Even with the upcoming ascendancy changes Zana is still going to be unusable garbage
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Feb 8, 2016, 10:42:11 AM
At first glance it just look's like it will benefit party player's or those who use the daily rotation groups. Playing solo I usually get to tier 15 maps before she reaches level 8, so it does not excite me!

It is still a step in the right direction though, a good change.
This change will greatly help me. I can only sustain tier 6 maybe 7 if I'm lucky. As long as the map's she sells are less or = to market value I will save time and orbs. Not to mention the fact that if she is selling t8-t11 maps the demand for those maps will probably go down slightly and then all of you running t12 and higher maps will sell chumps like me your low level maps for even cheaper.

So yeah I'm totally looking forward to being stuck at T9 rather then T7 maps. I think this change was made for people struggling with the map system not already succeeding at it.
Yeah it's good but I don't think it will help with maintaining an 11+ map tier pool. Imo the 11+ map drops need to be tweaked up a bit. Spending 30+c on an 11+ map, risking dying and still not seeing anything above t9 drops happens far too often. Current drops may be fine for parties and trade tycoons but the miserable solo peons need to run maps as well.
"
raxleberne wrote:

She is useless as a hideout master. She is great to be met in maps and thats all. No point in keeping her after lever 4 when she gives Dominatiom map mod. Not a single fucking one.

do you alt ?

her dailies are great for alts until you pass the treshold of xp penalty. free map with a good amount of quantity+quality most of the time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info