Damage conversion question.

if im using Iceshot with Hrimsorrow i get 65% phys to cold. Now if i link phys to lightning thats 50% to lightning.

i know that you can only go up to 100% conversion so
how would the game calculate this if im dealing 100 damage.
using the wiki as a reference, the 40% from cold from the ice shot takes priority.

The remaining 60% will be scaled based on the other conversions: (115% total conversion, 75% left)
Hrimsorrow: 25 x (60/75) = 20%
Phys to Light: 50 x (60/75) = 40%

So in the end your skill will be 60% converted to cold, 40% converted to lightning.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
thanks
Phys to Light is part of Ice Shot, and thus also gains priority treatment. You actually get a 50/50 split for the initial Hit; 40% to Cold from IS, 50% to Lightning from PTL, leaves 10% for Hrimsorrow.

Ice Shot's cone always Converts 100% Phys to Cold. PTL adds 50% Phys to Lightning, which is downscaled to be 66.6% Cold and 33.3% Lightning, leaving nothing for Hrimsorrow.
Half related question.

In the example above where you're using Ice Shot + Physical to Lightning:

Would Hatred add any damage? You started out with 100% physical damage, but ended up doing all elemental. Does Hatred apply to the pre-conversion 100% physical or the after-conversion 0% physical?
"
Xetal123 wrote:
Half related question.

In the example above where you're using Ice Shot + Physical to Lightning:

Would Hatred add any damage? You started out with 100% physical damage, but ended up doing all elemental. Does Hatred apply to the pre-conversion 100% physical or the after-conversion 0% physical?

Hatred and similar modifiers always apply before conversion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info