Flesh Offering Totem Instance Crash

Last month I was having a series of crashes, essentially at one point or another the game would freeze and the game would kick me out to the log in screen, with the error an unexpected disconnect.

Logging in and returning to my hideout or game area the instance would be dead and gone, if the error occurred inside of a map in map, such as a Zana map within a map, then the zana instance would suffer the same fate and any attempt to enter the remaining portals would state error: disconnect from server.

I have never experienced this many instance crashes before so I figured there had to be some sort of issue that came about. I checked my cables, modem, called isp etc.. then I tried to figure out what I may have done personally.

Later a friend online made a remark about what may have caused the crash, and in following up on it and testing it, it's turned out to be quite accurate.

The problem is flesh offering and certain supports used in a totem.

I had it in a 4l with spell totem, arc, culling strike and flesh offering.. the idea being to have the totem fill an arc need or flesh offering need upon demand, however the moment I took flesh offering out of the equation the problem solved.

It also was mainly solved when culling strike was taken out of the setup, although I did eventually get another crash down the line so I thought i'd mention that here. I have managed to replicate the crash on another pc elsewhere from my house. And having taken out flesh offering and not having had any issues since. I just wanted to add this info to the poe knowledge base as I could not find a similar thread already created.

So hope this knowledge helps someone.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info