Crit Dual Totem Bladefall 82k Dps / Hc Viable/ 6200 Life

This is my first guide and it is mainly for starting new league from nothing it will cost max 10 exalt end game. This builds sole purpose is to survive end game with more then enough dps to clear all maps. Also does not require to have any constant flask up time to survive or taste of hate / lightning coil / mind over matter. I placed 6th in Talisman with a build similar to this and my map rng is probably the worst of anyone who plays this game. Want to state it takes me 220-240 hours to level to 100 considering I have to spend hours trying to buy maps and end up spending 40 exalts or more each league good thing I go deathless from 92-100. I start caring at around level 92ish if I die or not since deaths at that level start getting penalizing. Also want to state this build is Normal Atziri Viable I would say it can do uber too if dual wand for more damage.

Tips on Leveling and Gearing

Anyways lets start off with leveling. Have to start leveling with flame totem until level 28 where you can use blade fall and spell totem. Through out the leveling process 30-60 need to focus on gear with life and resists along with as much spell damage you can get on wands. As soon as you can you want to throw in 6 x bladefalls on offhand to level up so you have 7 chances to get that 21/20 for end game. I would wait till merciless until you start buying / trading for gear. First focus is to have max resists at all times. Once this has been accomplished try to snipe on poe.trade any 5L es based armors. Also when you hit merciless is the time to get your divine flasks and start rolling remove bleed and instant pots. Always want to focus on over capping all your resists for late game so you can always run elemental weakness maps. As time goes on you will be making currency once you hit maps want to focus on upgrading all your items one by one. Most likely will have to buy temporary items until the right pieces are available on the market. Here's a few examples .. Implicit dexterity , max life , double crit amulet would be a temp until you can get one with cast speed too. Rings would be max life, dex, double resists on both. Rustic sash max life , double to triple resist. Double crit wands until afford ones with cast speed and spell damage as well on them. Main focus is a 6L I usually try to limit myself on spending too much on all my other gear until I get a 6L. The easiest and cheapest way is the first few days of a league is to be always looking for when they are put up on poe.trade usually they are around 3 exalt for just plain white bases. Have to aim for an es based one with most es so you can get for more es for EB later on. When your 6L is purchased you want to alch and chaos it until you get high life and at least one resist another resist can be added at haku later on.

Bandit Rewards

Help Oak for + 40 Max Life , Help Alira for Cast Speed, Kill all Bandits

My Current Gear

Need as much es you can possibly get on all gear to make totem spam through EB easier. I recommend dex on all jewelry if don't need dex for bladefall or vaal haste then cast speed is good but will cost alot for good rings so even life and just double resist will work just as good. All this gear is what you eventually want should take around 70-80 hours of playing to earn this. All the gems are currently in my gear and can use as a guide line.

Jewels

Increased maximum Life is a must
Then you want Totem Damage , Physical Damage or Spell Damage while holding a shield
As 3rd stat can be Area Damage, Increased Damage, Spell Damage, Increased Global Critical Strike Multiplier, Increased Global Critical Strike Chance or Cast Speed

Auras and Curses

Will be only running Hatred and Temporal Chains with Blasphemy and Increased AOE. Temporal Chains is crucial and will help you survive much easier.

Map Bosses and Tips

Want to state all bosses are very doable with this build besides core boss. Certain bosses are risky and you can die very easily with one wrong move. I'm gonna go over some maps bosses and recommend skipping many to prevent possible exp losses or losing a hc character. Sadly if you want to survive in this game there's many things you should not do. Another thing is many bosses are super dangerous and if you don't have the dps to kill them under 3 seconds it's best just to skip them unless you have freeze or permastun. Only going over T8 Bosses and higher.

Orchard Boss - I would say always skip can one shot 6500 life or more
Malformation Boss - Auto Skip Some cases cannot escape her attacks
Residence Boss - Quite easy with totems place totems and can hide behind pillars or always be moving
Necropolis Boss - Very easy just stay calm always be moving on 1st phase keep eye out for the blizzards. 2nd Phase just relax put totems up and walk between waterfalls( Using quicksilvers not recommended when trying to avoid damage) Always use vaal haste on 2nd phase
Volcano Boss - Just run in fast. place totems and hit vaal haste always be moving to avoid damage
Academy Boss - Very easy with totems. Place totems in the middle and hide behind bookshelf if they die just recast them
Crematorium Boss - I would recommend skipping until have final gear and dps. Best to kill the magic pack to the left side first so it doesn't interfere with the fight. With final gear run in place totems and he should be dead in around 3 seconds unless you place them where she firestorms :)
Village Ruin Boss - Best to lure the charge boss to your totems have him follow you out of the Kraityn area and only kill him. Other boss is very doable but not worth the risk she will kill your totems really fast and takes multiples times of casting your totems to kill her. From practicing this boss I may die 1 of 10 times.
Courtyard Bosses - Easy just be careful of the leaper and try to back door him first if possible.
Excavation Bosses- Very Doable but when going for exp and trying to stay alive best to skip this boss. Think I died maybe once out of last 10-15 times I fought these.
Wasteland Boss - Very Doable. Trick is have him chase you as you are placing totems in front of you. Best position is if you can move down when he chases you any other angle doesn't have good vision of him so you will not see his charge coming. Either way his charge will not one shot you with over 6k life.
Waterways Boss - Quite easy. Must be able to kill all his spawns as they spawn to kill this boss. If you don't the spawns will kill you. So if they build up back off and kill the spawns then you can go back in until you are able to kill them before you able to kill the boss.
Conservatory Boss - Doable but risky so I skip
Palace Boss - Doable but risky so I skip
Shrine Boss - Auto skip. The ice shots are too op can one shot 5500 life easily maybe more. Also don't have much experience fighting this boss since the new layout from awakening. Use to be places you can stand to avoid her ice shot but unsure now.
Core Boss - Skip Skip No thanks :D
Abyss - Skip
Colosseum Boss - Skip
Beyond Bosses - Auto Skip haast and the rest can easily be killed most of them will be half dead as they spawn. Be careful of the red spear beyond boss and the chaos damage boss. Chaos damage boss bait his dd then can fight.

Have to skip T15 bosses sadly only fought them 1 time each besides core boss. I didn't die but they were very rippy. All this information is from what I experienced from Darkshrines 1 Month and Talsiman League. Also been doin alot of testing on this build after I hit 100 so I would know what is safe and risky etc.

Videos

Residence Boss Kill
https://youtu.be/BC1eN3bUP4o

Village Ruin Clear - Almost got wrecked on Boss
https://youtu.be/IAneW_SZpbk

Plateau Clear Physical Reflect
https://youtu.be/0AUIdBHa08M

Necropolis Boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwrMfIgk9WA

Academy Boss
https://youtu.be/Hqc6i6nNvfo

Over all this build is super safe especially if you play passively like I do. It's very effective and cheap with a high life pool for a crit build. Sorry I don't have any videos. Use to make videos but the quality is bad and takes like 2 hours to upload one 4 minute video also lags my shit net for that long too. I felt this build was super good so thought I would share it. Very awesome for new leagues with great clear speed. Also this build shines in 1-3 man parties this build is not meant to carry dps. It's mainly so survive and pull it's own weight. This is probably one of the best totem skills. Monsters are not as resistant to physical damage as they are to elemental.
If have any questions feel free to message me in game CasterJoe or here on the forums.
WTB Map drops since 2013
Last edited by d2trust on Feb 8, 2016, 3:01:11 AM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 2:50:51 AM
Got it all now. Last spoiler don't work :(
If anyone sees any typos or anything that needs rewording please let me know so I can fix it.
WTB Map drops since 2013
Last edited by d2trust on Feb 4, 2016, 10:24:31 PM
This seems like the right way to build bladefall totems. Though I think you could make a lot of changes that would make the build better in most map situations. For example consuming dark and pyre would let you do chaos damage instead of elemental, as well as poison. You could run romira's with gmp incinerate to generate PCs, or Frenzy GMP Curse on Hit to generate FCs.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
This seems like the right way to build bladefall totems. Though I think you could make a lot of changes that would make the build better in most map situations. For example consuming dark and pyre would let you do chaos damage instead of elemental, as well as poison. You could run romira's with gmp incinerate to generate PCs, or Frenzy GMP Curse on Hit to generate FCs.

I saw your bladefall guide its very good but self cast is way different then totems. With totems there is no need for damage conversion and accumulating any sort of charges. I have different play style then you. I refuse to make power charges unless its from volls protector or pcoc gem. The only flasks I'm gonna use is to refill my life or a quicksilver to run faster lol. This is pretty much the safest lazy man's build. When I have to use more then 2 flasks mapping just isn't fun. Most players don't want to do that.
WTB Map drops since 2013
Last edited by d2trust on Feb 4, 2016, 10:41:28 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

yolo bladefall totem is something different from bladefall, and the changes u suggested are kind of weird. main dmg of bladefall is phy dmg , so consuming dark can do nothing.and we have known the bladefall totem has good dmg already. it can oneshot most mobs even in T15 map. Only hard thing for the totem is the strong boss, and u have little time to get PC or FC when fighting with 150iiq Kaom or Core boss. Anyway, PCs and FCs can be overdamaged for map clear and more risky for boss fight for totem build :)
any way you can post a skill tree at 25 points and 50 points and 75 points
WTB Map drops since 2013
Last edited by d2trust on Feb 5, 2016, 5:25:12 PM
do you still play this? What do you do for physical reflect maps? My non crit blade fall totems one shot themselves..maybe take out conc for phy2lighting? Thanks for the build..
"
animalhouse wrote:
do you still play this? What do you do for physical reflect maps? My non crit blade fall totems one shot themselves..maybe take out conc for phy2lighting? Thanks for the build..

Yes I still play this. Just did a double reflect map yesterday. Map clears take longer have to keep putting totems up. For every 2 totems I place a pack dies. Even ele reflect kills totems as fast as physical reflect.

I'm uploading a video just for you its a slow clear but its doable. I would only recommend doin reflect maps if its a sick packsize / quant vaaled map. Check video section for video.
WTB Map drops since 2013
Last edited by d2trust on Feb 8, 2016, 1:45:34 AM
Hey, trying out the build myself right now.

Wanted to ask a few questions about your choices.

1. I see you are using a shield + wand and a dual wand setup. When do you use each one ? What are you your thoughts about tempest shield on another cwdt setup when using a shield ? Have you tried using phase run on low cwdt setup ? I have some exp with FT and it worked pretty good with keeping yourself out of harms way, but i admit that FT are much tankier.

2. Im new to casting using EB, can you reserve all of your mana ? Is that why you are not taking MoM ?

3. I see that you have frostbite in the blasphemy setup, how does that work ? What do you think of enhance as the number 4 gem in the blasphemy setup ?

Thanks for posting the build again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info