Acendency Challenge: Lightning warp totem, who will make it better Trickster or Hierophant

Tested out a Lightning Warp Totem build and I have to say Trickster is pretty much the given mode for it. The extremely large mana supports needed to just sustain Dual Lightning Warp as a Spell Totem is already high and as the Trickster's Playstyle seems to be about moving around alot anyway you'll be better off using that as a basis as well.

Hierophant seems much more suited for the normal Spell Totem routes.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Shppy wrote:
If you think Hierophant will make it better, you're not very good at comprehension.

Sure, you get 5 totems with AB, Soul Mantle, and Ritual of Awakening... but they deal half damage. Your 5 totems in total would deal the dps of 2.5 un-lessened totems, less than if you avoided Ritual in the first place. If you do just AB and Ritual, then you'd get more damage out of it, 2.4 totems worth of damage instead of the 2 you'd have without Ritual, but you'd be better off still just doing AB-Soul Mantle without Ritual if you're trying to optimize things.

I mean, 5 totems might be more fun, just for the sheer novelty, but most wouldn't call that 'better'.

You are missing alot of points. First off, even with all AoE nodes Lightning Warps AoE is mediocre at best. Adding a few more totems will make the playstyle so much smoother.
Also, the interaction with Searing Bond should easily make up the damage loss from Ritual of Awakening. You can't deny that you overall will deal more damage with 5 active totems, and I'm pretty certain that you will need this damage if you plan to progress past low tier maps.
The mana cost shouldn't be an issue if you build around it.

Let's have a look at the Trickster perks:
Walk the Aether
Your Movementskills cost no mana: This is pretty cool. But as I said, the mana cost shouldn't be an issue if you build around it. This is surely not a game breaker.
20% Attack and Cast Speed if you have used a Movement skill in the past 4 seconds: Granted, this would be a permanent 20% cast speed buff.

Shade Form
Nice defence mechanic with a temporary 20% cast and attack speed buff. That's decent.

Ghost Dance
Again, nice defence mechanic with a little bit of movement speed. I don't think that you'll notice the difference with your totems tho.

Now trickster offers a decent amount of cast speed and some good defences. But honestly, it offers nothing that couldn't be achieved with a good passive tree.

Now with the Hierophant class we do not only get Ritual of Awakening, but also Persuit of Faith, which is a huge damage buff, further possible 5 Links with Illuminated Devotion and, if you choose to play MoM, Divine Guidance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info