High Frametime when I'm entering zones & long loading screens with SSD. How can I fix that?

You're not dropping any packets, and your highest latency is ok, so nothing there to explain the 1.8 and 1.4 second single frame hiccup.

Other things to ask at this point...

1.) I see 800 sent and received, but was this 800 at 1 second intervals or 800 at 0.1 second intervals?

2.) Are you playing solo or with a group? If playing solo, play with a group on your server and see if they experience the same lag spikes with their F1 monitors open.

3.) Did you do the Firmware update (or test if one's available) for your SSD?

4.) I'd run the WinMTR in the background while you play and produce these lag spikes, see if it there's a correlation. If no correlation, then it's most likely not a connection issue.

5.) You have a level 100 duelist, so you've been playing for a long time I assume. If so, when's the last time you've done a wipe and reinstall of the client? Your ggpk file might be bloated if you've done update after update without a fresh install. If you don't want to go through the hassle of a new install, you can always try a defrag (trim) of your package file as well as deleting your cache files for the client...

> Someone wrote a simple script to defrag here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060

> Delete everything in the minimap cache: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\Minimap )

> Delete everything in the shader cache: \PoE Install Folder\ShaderCache
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 8, 2016, 3:30:52 PM
That's cool to know, its all new experience for me so im trying catch the information you guys putting me through with

i do not have any lag problems ingame, my main problem in PoE is ingame loading screens are taking really long. when i look or ask other people that have weaker pc builds and have insane fast loading screens when they enter new maps or zones i get really confused and wish for a solution that i cannot find at all

1: my bad the first was on 1 second interval by accident

2: im solo and for the most part i race in PoE, when i tried doing a map my frametime kept staying at 15-25 latency didn't spike at all. its only getting really huge once i enter a new zone or a zone i've entered before

3: they are updated and set on maximum performance

4: here is the lastest 0,1 interval without PoE on the background for around ~2 minutes
Spoiler

0,1 sec interval while im spamming zones between lioneye's watch and coast
Spoiler

5: i have reinstalled PoE 2 days ago on my SSD disk, didn't help either unfortunately. i have tried ggpk defrag before, it cleared around 60mb but didn't improve my loading :(
i have deleted my cache/logs yesterday no help either

i have tried deleting the minimap folder and tried to enter coast but did get the same amount of seconds and large frame time
what up cuzz
anyway i've been trying with a friend to see how our frametime is, his pc is much weaker compare to mine. his loading screen takes 2-3 minutes but his frametime and ingame loading screen is twice as fast and sometimes even 3

what i see when i open my MSI afterburner is that my GPU usage is almost at 0 or at 0% when im starting to load a new or existed zone, during the weekend ill try out a random video card and check if that gives me the same problem or maybe my video card is the problem. we'll see!
what up cuzz
"
feelgewd wrote:
4: here is the lastest 0,1 interval without PoE on the background for around ~2 minutes
Spoiler

0,1 sec interval while im spamming zones between lioneye's watch and coast
Spoiler

Ouch, 13% packet loss at one of the hops right before the server. I'd make an official report to GGG about this along with the trace route screen caps and a description of this. That hop is part of their hosting provider's network, and if it's dropping that many packets, PoE could be hitting a required sync right at that time.

However, the odd part is that only 100 ping requests were sent to that point. It's possible that part of their network rejects excessive ping requests (ie: to prevent DoS attacks)? Whatever the issue, you can always submit a trouble ticket for GGG and they'll determine if that's normal behavior or not.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 9, 2016, 10:01:14 AM
ill try to sent them an e-mail and hopefully they could help me out.
you would think the 13% packet loss could be the reason why my loading screens ingame are taking longer even with a SSD?

what up cuzz
anybody from GGG willing to help me out? its really bothering me that im constant losing race events because of the large seconds i get loading screens ingames, atleast 3-4 seconds every fkin zone... >_>
what up cuzz
"
feelgewd wrote:
ill try to sent them an e-mail and hopefully they could help me out.
you would think the 13% packet loss could be the reason why my loading screens ingame are taking longer even with a SSD?

There's no absolutely certain way of knowing since we're not in front of your PC ourselves. But you will most likely want to resolve this packet loss first, whether it's packets dropped because that hop on their network rejects a lot of pings from the same source, or whether there's something genuinely wrong with their hosting provider (server farm).

In the mean time, you might want to further troubleshoot this by trying another server, and doing the same thing: trace route in WinMTR and playing the game with loading into different areas. If the problem is the same on another server, but no packet loss, it might be related to your computer itself.
That 13% loss is not an issue. It's not real packet loss. It is what is known as "traffic mitigation".

If you look at the first hop, you have 1025/1025 packets, while in the last you actually had 1029/1029.

That usually means there is an issue with the router or network since you shouldn't be able to get more packets to the end hop unless they also go through the first hop.

As for the 13%, that particular node (and others like it) are high-traffic nodes. It's like a Freeway in Los Angeles. During higher-traffic times, it uses techniques to help lower the processing time for packets to get through. One of these techniques is to drop ICMP packets addressed to itself. There is no reason to respond to those because they are low priority. It would rather continue sending the higher priority packets which route the data around.

The one thing I noticed however is that you're tracing directly to the AMS SpeedTest server. That is not the proper server. It is a server NEAR the PoE server, but it is not the PoE server itself. Whenever you are tracing, you want to actually trace directly to the server you are connecting to when possible. We recommend for beginners, and to get a general idea, to trace to the gateway servers because those are usually close enough, but you can also find the instance server IPs in the Client.txt log file in the Logs folder. They are near an entry that says "Connecting to instance server at <ip address>:6112".

My recommendation to start with is to disconnect your router/modem from power for at least 30 seconds or so, then plug it back in and start the trace again. Let it run for at least 300 packets and ensure there doesn't appear to be a loss of packets between the first and last node, and that they say 0% (except the occasional one in the middle). You'll know if it is REAL packet loss if the loss of packets continues to nodes afterward, or the count of packets sent and received starts going down on the later nodes.

What you'd hope to see for good results is that the first node says something like 300 packets sent/received (if you sent 300 packets), and the last node also says 300 packets sent/received. If there is loss in the middle of that, it's likely not really an issue. Then you look at the Average and Worst latency times to ensure that there are no spikes or other anomalies which could cause latency spiking or other network latency related issues.

Good luck.
hello, im back
thank you for the responce

i did one MTR scan before the router reset on 0,1 sec interval including the client.txt server

300+ (before router scan)
Spoiler

500+ (after router scan)
Spoiler

5000+ (after router scan)
Spoiler
what up cuzz
some extra information i wanted to share if this. you never know if this is helpfull or not
so i was testing and spamming zones between lioneye's watch and coast while my MSI afterburner is open
here are the results:

Spoiler

Spoiler

isn't it strange that power, GPU usage and FB usage going to 0 whenever im in loading screen?
what up cuzz
Last edited by feelgewd on Feb 14, 2016, 3:32:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info