High Frametime when I'm entering zones & long loading screens with SSD. How can I fix that?

Hi, i'm a racer and i've come to a problem that bothers me
i have samsung 850 SSD 128g with my windows and poe attached on it (i've also reinstalled PoE today didn't help either)

My frame time is between 1400-2500 when i am entering new area's such as Coast (took me a almost 6 seconds with SSD)

Docks took me 6 seconds to load

PC specs
Spoiler

Video card
Spoiler

Internet speed:
Spoiler

what i don't understand is, people/friends that i know who have a weaker pc specs than me all have a much better loading screen and much less frame time. im not experienced about the whole frame time scenario but if someone could help me how to fix this issue, i would love to hear that!

thanks for reading
what up cuzz
Last edited by feelgewd on Feb 4, 2016, 8:28:55 PM
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2016, 6:50:20 AM
bump
what up cuzz
What is the motherbard in your machine? It looks like you have a pre-configured Lenovo machine, is it just a simple OEM board? You can either take the side off the case and read it off the board itself, or your can read the board model from a program such as CPUZ / CPUID.

Do you have full access to chance the HDD configuration settings?

I would confirm that the transfer rates on the SSD are what they should be. Using HDtune and running a benchmark should tell you if you are getting the transfer rates you should be from the drive.

I would also turn on Vsync in your game options. No point in rendering 500fps, as it is likely your monitor doesn't have a refresh rate that high.

"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Hi, thanks for replying
It seems i do have Lenevo machine and a motherboard, i bought it like that 1.5 years ago
One thing did help is i unparked my cores and slightly less frame time when im entering zones but still really slow compare to others with an SSD

Motherboard info
Spoiler

SSD info
Spoiler

i don't know about the HHD configuration, could you explain that to me please?

i run nvidia inspector at 70 stable FPS but that did not help to reduce frame time/loading screen either :(

Edit: just a question i'd like to ask, does better upload speed on my internet effects loading screens ingame? because all the people i have asked so far have much better loading and higher upload speed, mine is only 1.6 mb/s

HDtune info
Spoiler
what up cuzz
Last edited by feelgewd on Feb 6, 2016, 6:39:09 AM
Benchmark info 1gb
Spoiler

Benchmark info 10gb
Spoiler

what up cuzz
need help please :(
what up cuzz
bump
what up cuzz
I'm not sure if this is related to your system, which is overkill for PoE, even at maxed settings. I've noticed huge frametime and latency spikes in PoE when connecting to a server that's normally responsive and very reliable (and only about 130 miles from me). I run a RAID 0 of three SSDs.

But mine is not when loading into an area of anything, it's usually when something valuable drops and I hover over it during a lot of combat. My FPS doesn't really drop much overall, but that huge one-frame spike of like 1-3 seconds. I have a feeling it's a bad bug of poor rendering efficiency within the client.

What's different is that yours happens on cue (I assume?) when entering a new area. Does it happen every single time, or just sometimes? Is it all maps or just some?

If it happens all the time on every new area, there might indeed be something wrong on your system. If not, there might be a bug in the PoE client or issues with the server you're connecting to.

Instead of just throwing darts to make guesses here's what I'd recommend you do...

1.) Do a WinMTR trace route on the server you connect to with PoE. Set your interval in options to 0.1 seconds (ever 100ms) which has a better chance of grabbing sporadic issues.

2.) Download, install, and perform a FurMark test on your system to see if you run into any framerate issues.

3.) Since you have a Samsung EVO drive, download and install Samsung Magician (if you don't already have it). Make sure you have the latest firmware, which is confirmed through the app. Then run through its suggestions to optimize your system for the SSD. For example, if you run only an SSD and no HDD, disable superfetch. Reduce your paging file size (which is way too high for an SSD-based system). Reboot for any changes. Finally, do a "Performance Optimization" with this software (ie: forced trim).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 8, 2016, 9:15:33 AM
Sorry, I was gone for the weekend OP.
I don't see any obvious signs of hardware issues, and the transfer rate of your SSD seems fine. You should load up without incident in game.

I'd start with the suggestions cipher_nemo suggested. I'd be especially interested in the WinMTR results.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I'm not sure if this is related to your system, which is overkill for PoE, even at maxed settings. I've noticed huge frametime and latency spikes in PoE when connecting to a server that's normally responsive and very reliable (and only about 130 miles from me). I run a RAID 0 of three SSDs.

But mine is not when loading into an area of anything, it's usually when something valuable drops and I hover over it during a lot of combat. My FPS doesn't really drop much overall, but that huge one-frame spike of like 1-3 seconds. I have a feeling it's a bad bug of poor rendering efficiency within the client.

What's different is that yours happens on cue (I assume?) when entering a new area. Does it happen every single time, or just sometimes? Is it all maps or just some?

If it happens all the time on every new area, there might indeed be something wrong on your system. If not, there might be a bug in the PoE client or issues with the server you're connecting to.

Instead of just throwing darts to make guesses here's what I'd recommend you do...

1.) Do a WinMTR trace route on the server you connect to with PoE. Set your interval in options to 0.1 seconds (ever 100ms) which has a better chance of grabbing sporadic issues.

2.) Download, install, and perform a FurMark test on your system to see if you run into any framerate issues.

3.) Since you have a Samsung EVO drive, download and install Samsung Magician (if you don't already have it). Make sure you have the latest firmware, which is confirmed through the app. Then run through its suggestions to optimize your system for the SSD. For example, if you run only an SSD and no HDD, disable superfetch. Reduce your paging file size (which is way too high for an SSD-based system). Reboot for any changes. Finally, do a "Performance Optimization" with this software (ie: forced trim).

Hi thanks for replying, my issue is especial on brand new zones and after those it's slightly faster

First time in Docks (6 seconds)
Spoiler

Second time in Docks (~4 seconds)
Spoiler

1: WinMTR info
Spoiler

i will post the rest soon as posible when im back at home

i do have samsung magician on the previous screenshot i've scan the rates and everything looks fine as far as i know, sreenshot here:

what up cuzz
Last edited by feelgewd on Feb 8, 2016, 2:50:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info