Path of "just skip it". A comprehensive list of game content to just skip and why.

WORK IN PROGRESS

This will be a thread dedicated to game content that is OP and that you should just skip. After coming back from a year break I see there are quite a few new ones. This list should help new comers avoid bad game mechanics and hopefully increase longevity in new hardcore leagues as well as basic hardcore. The list will grow over time I am sure. Please feel free to contribute content you should just skip due to either risk vs. reward or OP damage. It seems, "just skip it" seems to be the new thing for PoE so hopefully this list helps everyone.

I will start the list with mods and bosses. Each one will have a definition, reason why it should be skipped, ways to avoid it, if any, and ways to counter if possible.

Mods:

Lightning Thorns
Volatile Blood
Corrupted Blood
Bone Roil

Bosses:

Unique Monsters:

Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 4, 2016, 7:29:26 PM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2018, 3:12:02 PM
Malformation piety is pretty mean for her tier unless you have a kagillion single target dps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hmm, I'm not sure on this thread because each build has different weakness. Regardless of how you set up, there will be one or two mobs/map rolls that will gg you hard. Here's my list that I generally skip (Note that I hardly skip any, but in certain map mod, it's not worth to deal with these mobs:

1. Merveil, the Reflection (Necropolis Map boss)
- I skip this one if I get crit, - max resist, or cast/atk/move spd mod on map roll. The boss can freeze lock you by her ice storm and ice spear.
2. Torture Chamber
- This one has unique map boss mechanic. If you know how to deal with laser, go with it. If it is your first time, prepare to die one or two. But, really, it just need practice
3. Spinner of False Hope (Jungle Valley boss)
- Vulnerability, Two Unique (Twinned), extra lightning are no-no with this map. Boss deal heavy physical dmg (using ek), so be prepare for trouble.
4. Tunneltrap (Orchard Map boss)
- This one is devourer. Dodge that slow projectile at all cost. That slow projectile deal very heavy dmg (how much? Let's say it insta grib my 5.5k hp ek IR shadow at full hp) Extra projectile mod can be deadly with this map. Again, if you roll atk spd/cast spd/move spd mod, just. . . skip.
5. Something-you-dont-want-to-deal-with duo (Village Ruin Map bosses)
- Skip unless you feel extra suicidal today, then feel free to try. It can get to ultimate bs level if you roll vulnerability and twinned on this map.

P.S. Can any1 roll twinned, vulnerability, and atk spd/cast spd/move spd then enchance map with onslaught by zana's device with this map? I just. . . want to see it in action.
I have also serious doubts about the effectiveness of this topic... Which bosses / monsters / mods avoid is something special that everyone should learn over time. Nothing is the same for everyone. Just one example. The Terrace boss... For some it is very difficult to kill, for others it is impossible, for some it's just a joke. With my Marauder SRS often I not even reach to see him before he dies. It is a matter of a few seconds. For some builds it is a great job and is not worth the risk nor the time.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Can anyone teach me how to deal with Phantagorism map boss?
"
build8991 wrote:

2. Torture Chamber
- This one has unique map boss mechanic. If you know how to deal with laser, go with it. If it is your first time, prepare to die one or two. But, really, it just need practice

This is a very easy boss. Here's how you do it:

If you have a low DPS build: One shot the blue pack before the boss, go close to the boss and start shooting at it but stand next to the pillar. When boss fires the laser, hide behind the pillar and will stop the laser. After that just kill the boss and pick up loot.

If you have a high DPS build: One shot the blue pack before the boss, one shot the boss. Pick up loot.
This thread will make no sense overall, since what you should skip depends entirely on your build.

If you have a strong build, there's almost nothing in this game you should be skipping (Core bosses and that's about it); for weak builds, it's gonna be a long list.
I skip rocks at the lake when I go fishing
Skip corrupted blood.

Hmmm... yeeaaahhh... Um. No. D:

Also, different things are more or less difficult to different builds. There is no such things as "comprehensive list of game content to just skip". If anything, "list of things that you may find dangerous".

Good examples of things that can be impossible to do or a way-too-easy are Museum and Jungle Valley bosses. Their difficulty depends on your build, its ability to clear, resists, way of regenerating your eHP and so on.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
toyotatundra wrote:
If you have a low DPS build: One shot the blue pack before the boss
You don't know what "low dps" is lol.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info