Who would win?

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
EDIT: on second thought, it is a 9001k DPS single target AND it's ranged...
so yeah Voldemort. unless Dominus' minions zerg him.

Voldemort could probably kill Dominus' first form easily enough, but I reckon he'd get destroyed by the blood rain. He doesn't strike me as someone who carries bleed flasks on him.

He'd also probably get one-shot if he wasn't quick on the draw. We know he plays glass cannon and doesn't properly invest in defense because he's proven vulnerable to reflected damage in the past.

mhmm yes no anti bleed flasks would be a pain.
But what about the Horcruxes, how do you think it would end ?
I don't know if Dominus has Basilisk venom on him, or maybe the corrupted blood stack could destroy the horcruxes that would be something I would like to check.

If you're playing on Standard you can keep fighting Dominus until he dies, so the fight isn't really over so long as you stay determined.

If you respawn using Horcruxes then you're waiting months, if not years to regain a fraction of your original power and gear. I would call that a loss even if he could have a second go, because it would probably have been faster just to relevel.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
In that case Dominus would win, unless Snape make him some anti-bleeding flasks, because Severus Snape is a Potion Master.

P.S. You guys should make a Flask Grand-Master and name him Alan Rickman it would be so awesome.
Last edited by diablofdb on Feb 2, 2016, 5:16:58 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
In that case Dominus would win, unless Snape make him some anti-bleeding flasks, because Severus Snape is a Potion Master.

HP Spoilers
Didn't Snape die of blood loss after being bitten by Voldemort's snake? For a guy who knows potions, his actual flask use left a lot to be desired.

Although Nagini might have been poisonous. I don't remember if that was ever a thing.

"
diablofdb wrote:
P.S. You guys should make a Flask Grand-Master and name him Alan Rickman it would be so awesome.

A flask master is tough to balance when flasks already only roll 2 mods. We'd have to get past that first.
Gameplay & Level Design
That's why flasks should get the 4-mod rare treatment, a la jewels.
Spoiler
I'm being serious. In an Off-Topic thread.
Spoiler
Maybe Rickman could do jewel affixes too.
Spoiler
I wasn't serious about that part.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 2, 2016, 7:25:28 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

HP Spoilers
Didn't Snape die of blood loss after being bitten by Voldemort's snake? For a guy who knows potions, his actual flask use left a lot to be desired.

Although Nagini might have been poisonous. I don't remember if that was ever a thing.

"
diablofdb wrote:

A flask master is tough to balance when flasks already only roll 2 mods. We'd have to get past that first.

Spoiler
I think Nagini was a constrictor snake so no venom, he died from the wound and bleeding :(

and for that flask master, yeah I can see why it would be hard with only 2 mods per flask to make it happen. But "We'd have to get past that first" does it mean you guys are planning or have thought about getting past the 2 mods per flask one day?
"
diablofdb wrote:
But "We'd have to get past that first" does it mean you guys are planning or have thought about getting past the 2 mods per flask one day?

Thinking about bending or breaking a rule of the game doesn't mean we necessarily want to. We need to be aware of the limits of our design space and what it will cost us to expand those limits though.

Making flasks harder to roll so that we can to introduce a Master to make it easier to roll flasks strikes me as creating a problem in order to solve it.

It'd be a major change with a lot of ramifications, so if we ever did it we'd have to do so for the right reasons.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
But "We'd have to get past that first" does it mean you guys are planning or have thought about getting past the 2 mods per flask one day?

Thinking about bending or breaking a rule of the game doesn't mean we necessarily want to. We need to be aware of the limits of our design space and what it will cost us to expand those limits though.

Making flasks harder to roll so that we can to introduce a Master to make it easier to roll flasks strikes me as creating a problem in order to solve it.

It'd be a major change with a lot of ramifications, so if we ever did it we'd have to do so for the right reasons.

So I guess Wraeclast won't be needing a Flask Grandmaster soon. I understand why, but this would have been one thing I'd love to see one day in POE one day, Rare Flasks with 3 or 4 mods and a grandmaster that would have it's own unique flask mods, even if it doesn't make much sense yet on the design aspect.

Because the flasks are one of my favourite mechanic of the entire game, I really love how they work and how different they are from the usual ARPG Health/Mana potions system. It's one of the many little things I keep having fun crafting and playing with, seeing that annoucement earlier about new flasks and flask mod, for me it's already so much Hype.

Thx for the amazing work!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, I would have said Voldemort, but after Trump I have no idea what the Republican Party is liable to do next.

They already have Ted Cruz.

PS: I'd love new masters and master missions even for existing masters (even if a flask master is not a reasonable thing to do). Forsaken Masters is my favourite expansion, probably to be surpased by Ascendancy.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Feb 2, 2016, 9:41:05 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, I would have said Voldemort, but after Trump I have no idea what the Republican Party is liable to do next.

They already have Ted Cruz.

Seriously, people keep complaining about Trump but Ted Cruz literally started his winner speech with "Allahu akbar". I find him much scarier tbh. Sry for derailing.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Werewolf queen, the answer is always Werewolf queen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info