Who is your favourite actor (or actress) and why?

Brad Dourif.

That episode of the X-files with him as a repentant(?) killer on death row... it fucking hurt me. He's truly amazing in damn near everything he does.

Jodie Foster.

Because Contact.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
Daniel Day-Lewis. Meryl Streep. Why? Perfection.

There will be blood was one of the best performances I've seen, love that movie.

oh man, there will be blood..... holy cow, that movie, that performance. Does it get any better? If it does Ive not seen it.

Im fond of Idris Elba and Michael Fassbender atm for the men. I too like Jennifer Jason Leigh in a film, Julianne Moore and Naomi Watts also spring to mind for the ladies. Im terrible tbh, I dont keep ranked lists of things in my head and I would change my mind on a top 5 of anything probably on an hourly basis.

I have to say though, Day-Lewis in Blood, that might be as close to an all time "best" performance as it gets for me. A great film too, oppressively dark descending so far into a soulless void that it actually finds humor, oddly, without destroying that vibe. Fantastic movie.

"
Antnee wrote:
Brad Dourif.

That episode of the X-files with him as a repentant(?) killer on death row... it fucking hurt me. He's truly amazing in damn near everything he does.

Brad Dourif really is a great actor, that dude can do some extreme characters and you feel an unsettling sense watching him that you are actually staring into the eyes of a seriously disturbed mind. I cant remember a single thing hes been in where he didnt sell the character 100%, even niche little tv parts like the example you gave. Hes almost a bit creepy as a guy because hes played so many creepy roles that were performed to the point where it just felt like this is who this guy is, you dont even see it as a guy reading a script. The dude can bring a serious level of credible intensity.

I think Brad Dourif and Daniel Day-Lewis both have a strong advantage in that I dont know who they are as people outside of their work. They seem to keep to themselves a lot, I feel like I know many of their characters intimately and yet have almost no understanding of who they actually are as people. As much as I love actors like Jack Nicholson and Brad Pitt, I feel like I know those guys as individuals and when I see them in films Im always aware on some level that its acting, even if its great acting.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
Daniel Day-Lewis. Meryl Streep. Why? Perfection.

There will be blood was one of the best performances I've seen, love that movie.

oh man, there will be blood..... holy cow, that movie, that performance. Does it get any better? If it does Ive not seen it.

[...]

I have to say though, Day-Lewis in Blood, that might be as close to an all time "best" performance as it gets for me. A great film too, oppressively dark descending so far into a soulless void that it actually finds humor, oddly, without destroying that vibe. Fantastic movie.

Cannot agree more. But Daniel Day-Lewis once said at an acceptance speech that for him, Heath Ledger was perfect. So maybe we have a king here ;) If i had to chose between the three best performances i've ever seen, the ranks would be:
Heath Ledger as The Joker (The Dark Knight) and DDL as Daniel Plainview (there will be Blood) at first place (because they are equally insane)
Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall (As Good as it gets - what a fitting title for that movie) at second
and Meryl Streep in any movie she ever played in (maybe except for that musical shit).
As for Idris Elba and Mr. Fassbender: agree. They are some truely rising stars (if you could say so given their age and filmography).
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Cate Blanchett
because she is amazing in all the movies I've seen her in and she's really majestic to watch.

the first movie I really noticed her in is The Gift
you may remember her as Galadriel in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

i'm a fan of ryan gosling, because i like his dark oriented movies... i'm not talking about the notebook, i don't care about that movie...

stay
half nelson
lars and the real girl
blue valentine
all good things
drive
the place beyond the pines

hes also part of the next blade runner film \o/
Ellen Page

She is one of the most talented and best in the world actress, though she is a HC feminist. So HC I feel sick seeing her outside of movies, but while in the movies she is brilliant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info