Who is your favourite actor (or actress) and why?

Mine is Gary Oldman, he's good in everything he does, he can play literally anything and any sort of role.
I've always liked Keanu Reeves and Arnie
whatever they play it works and Arnie has ebin one-liners
Stanley Tucci

Literally good in everything he does. Amazing range - good guy, bad guy, straight, gay w/e.
Always a pleasure to watch.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Stanley Tucci

Literally good in everything he does. Amazing range - good guy, bad guy, straight, gay w/e.
Always a pleasure to watch.

yup I agree I really enjoy watching him on screen. By my definition a good actor do not need to be in a big buster movie or in a main role to shine, a good actor will be able to make a very average movie a really good experience.
Currently?

Oscar Isaac- A Most Violent Year, Mojave

Ryan Gosling- Drive, Only God Forgives

Leo- The Revenant, The Wolf of Wall Street

Lifetime achievements?

DeNiro- Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver

Pacino- Serpico, Carlito's Way

Nicholson- Like...everything. Mostly The Shining though

E: Honorable mentions go to Tilda Swinton and Chloe Sevigny though

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 1, 2016, 5:44:20 PM
"
Actor: Steve Buscemi
Actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh

OHHHH Steve Buscemi, he is in my top 5 best actor of all time. He's probably the most underrated actor ever, everything he touch become pure gold.
"
"
Emma Stone. If I served a queen, she would be it. Incomparable to any other female walking this planet.

Love her voice, love her acting, love her beauty. Just a stunning lady overall.

L.

L is for Ladeh

E: Also, just curious, what has she been in that you find impressive acting wise?

Plz don't say SuperBad

Oh, and apparently she smells like cat pee, so..there's that. Knowing the importance you place on smells, you may want to revisit your statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imW392e6XR0
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 1, 2016, 6:02:15 PM
"
Emma Stone was good in Zombieland.

But she doesn't really 'act'. I was going to say Jennifer Lawrence but I've yet to see her put through the paces either.

JJL I've seen do anything from young hottie to rape victim to stalker to psychotic gang matriarch...

JLaw held her own opposite Bale in American Hustle.

Other than that though, you're right
"
yeah yet to watch that. It's sitting there. I'm sort of over Bale too. Oddly I like him most in stuff where he transcends the movie around him, like Reign of Fire and Equilibrium. Either could have been really, really bad...but weren't, thanks to him.

I almost said Frances McDormand but I realised I'm just on a Coen Brothers kick lately.

Idris was almost a go but Buscemi fought the tide and won.

Fargo Season 2 >.< So, so, so fuckin good
In terms of a younger actresses I lean more towards Léa Seydoux.

Great range across more bare art films to big budget with interesting facial features that lend both to traditional attractiveness and not so beautiful uniqueness. Always has strong interesting performances as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info