Films You Would Brag to Watch with Someone (for How Awesome and Compelling They Are)

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Deathgasm is a local film that came out last year in New Zealand, and was the winner of the Make My Horror Movie NZ contest... it's surprisingly good for the plot.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Deathgasm is a local film that came out last year in New Zealand, and was the winner of the Make My Horror Movie NZ contest... it's surprisingly good for the plot.

Last night's ep of X-Files had Rhys Darby in it, that guy is hilarious
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Children of men.
Event Horizon.
The Shining.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I actually really liked The Fountain, it might even be my favorite of his films. I thought it was very beautiful and touching. It doesnt really come together like a proper film should, obviously I get that and can see why that just invalidates it for a lot of people who are serious about films, esp in the face of most of his other films that do come together and function.

I dunno, I guess have quite a strange take on films too, theres something abstract happening between all the parts that does it for me with The Fountain. Same with Cloud Atlas, Im not sure that entirely worked but I found it deeply moving, it brought a tear to me eye, so did The Fountain, Ive watched many films that worked and were great movies but failed to emotionally effect me on that level. Imo cloud Atlas was the best things the Wackowskis were involved with, and again its probably the least functional film of the bunch. Certainly not the best films from those directors but theyre the ones that I got the most from.

Lots of great films already mentioned, Memento is fantastic. A few off the top of my head I dont think got a mention yet...

Dr Strangelove (1964)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/?ref_=ttmd_md_nm

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073486/?ref_=nv_sr_1

controversial selection, shake that can of haterpop...

The Ring (2002)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298130/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

not the Japanese one, the American remake. Its a better movie, theres a tone to the original that simply cant be recreated by Hollywood but in almost every other way the American version was superior. Imo one of if not the best strict generic horror film ever put together.

I can feel it, the itching of the neckbeards, omg a remake? a Hollywood remake of a cult thing?!?!?! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

yes.
I forgot:

Eden Lake
(man, that is some sad stuff).
Secondhand Lions (maybe the best movie ever made for kids. How to train your dragon is a strong competitor here) ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I forgot to mention 127 Hours.
Last edited by Samkiud on Feb 3, 2016, 3:50:14 PM
My favorite movie of all time, American Movie.

Mark Borchardt is my fuckin hero man.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Feb 5, 2016, 8:22:36 PM
Under no circumstances should you watch this if you're easily disturbed or squeamish

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
The Big Chill

Good cast with witty dialogue and a killer soundtrack.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info