Musical Chairs

Easy game, like 6 Degrees of Separation.

Listen to the music, then post a reply with a new song that links in some way to it.

For example:

Toto - Africa

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 1, 2016, 2:06:37 AM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2016, 7:40:44 AM
Nice track Nait2k4!

Here is:

Spin That Wheel - Hi Tek 3

Which appeared in the movie soundtrack for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was directed by Steve Barron, who directed the video for Toto - Africs!

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 1, 2016, 2:01:36 AM
Not a big fan of tacky hip hop, but nice link there Nait2k4!

Here we have:

Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure

Which was used as sample for Vanilla Ices Ice Ice Baby, who also did the Ninja Turtles Rap for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel, the secret of the Ooze!

A classic!

Barry_Dennen performing "Pilate's Dream" from Jesus Christ Superstar 1973

As we all know, David Bowie acted in many movies in addition to his long-spanning musical career. In particular, he acted as Pontius Pilate in the 1988 movie The Last Temptation of Christ.

Meanwhile, the rock opera, Broadway hit, and seminal 70s musical "Jesus Christ Superstar" prominently featured a Pontius Pilate character; this being one of several songs that he sang in.

Sweet, I love dominoes !

I give you Tim Minchin performing Not Perfect.

As you might know, Tim played Judas in a recent production of Jesus Christ Superstar. And this song here, although a bit uncharacteristic of him (in that it is a bit touchy-feely and not purely comedic), is one of my favourites.

Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Last edited by LazarusQ on Feb 3, 2016, 5:12:01 AM
Here we have:

Nat King Cole - Almost Like Being In Love

This appears on the soundtrack for the wonderful move Groundhog Day, which is getting a new stage adaptation with music and lyrics from Tim Minchin!

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 3, 2016, 5:06:06 AM
What about a little:

Hootie and the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You

They once did a truly terrible cover of the classic Christmas Song, written by Bob Wells and Mel Tormé, and recorded into fame by none other than Nat King Cole.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 4, 2016, 1:25:47 AM
Hey, Nait, stop playing with yourself, there's kids watching!

Hootie wants to "put on a little Dylan". Sure, why not. And he feels "tangled up in blue", so here it is!

Bob Dylan singing Tangled up in Blue.

And for good measure, here's a little Dylan too.

I sure do love me some Dylan. He sings that she says they'll meet again someday on the avenue, so here is Ella Fitzgerald singing Cheek to Cheek, a song from the 1937 Musical "On The Avenue".

Ella Fitzgerald - Cheek to Cheek

Ah, wonderful Ella! Mainly famous, as few people know, for her linguistic study of the variations in pronunciation of the names of various vegetables (some of which were later discovered to be fruits posing as vegetables) in the post-war era. She said "po-tay-to".

Therefore: Vegetables.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info