Rate your top 3 RIP situation and how to avoid it

I didnt rip in the current league,
but to be fair, in total i lost like 100 chars or more.
worst was beyond with 20+ rips (alot of 80+ here...)

1. DC, forgot about 24/h dc or just random flatline.

2. Play tierd... doing crazy map mods even i knew it would be dangerous.

3. switch skills with highchar, forgot i switched RIP.
1) Strongbox detonates nearby corpses. Solution = identify strongbox and look for the safest place to escape after clicking.

2) Shared boon undying discharge fuckers. Solution = I have no solution aside from kill it before it can kill me.

3) Ice blood, Flame blood, Storm blood mobs. Solution = Don't play melee.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Hardcore player, I almost died on a boss while opening my inventory to open a portal, but dropped my helmet instead. The helmet gives +40 int, and by dropping it none of my other gear can function.

lesson: don't play when tired
Had a great experience with lvl 90+ this league playing melee infernal blow.

Causes of near death for me:

1) Underestimating map mods. - Sure 85% extra damage as (element) added to mobs doesnt sound horrible, but then mix this with the monsters mods. Sub-phys amplifies that elemental damage. Totems amplify it.

2) Not being overcapped on res at all times. The moment you get cursed down to 60-70 range is when you're going to see yourself get bursted down by something stupid.

3) Not having positive Chaos res. Seem many deaths to this, and its pretty stupid. Get some res on the tree, and dont relay so heavily on tri-res gear, chaos is pretty important.

Overall, all of this is careless play.
You guys, all makes me really loled.
I loved your humor skills.
Please keep writing.
I'll make this topic favorite on my browser.

Really good work.

Thanks.

Ps:
my current pussy softcore is with ek mid range crit build, and some armour (65-75 phys reduce) and around 400 life regen.

edit:

http://youtu.be/GLGtXKbcIZg
Give me your heart,
And i will give you beauty,
Beyond your darkest dreams. -Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
Last edited by ferhatsan on Feb 8, 2016, 3:53:54 AM
1/ Client crashed and rip perma HC - solution: uninstalled PoE (?!)

2/ Sorting inventory insde an extra projectiles map while a pack of poison bombing dude show up - solution: WTB bigger invertory!

3/ Forgot to cast my aura - solution: Appy Headon directly to the forehead!
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Plaguetongue1 wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
CI high regen zealoth oath here, so my nemenis are....

1) Jungle valley boss (=continuous barrage of physical damage). Solution: do not enter the boss' room

2) Merveil (=freezelock). Solution: buy dream fragments

3) Megera (=stunlock). Solution: put away Shaper's seed and put on Chayula

or doing something like this..

as melee, and not reading up on boss tactics, grats and you we entered a bossroom with not one, not two, not three but six bosses at once with alot of nasty mods on it. luckyly this one specific is in standard but ive done other maps without doing research in hc and died, like jungle valley and torture chamber

Ohhh, what an easy and relaxing map XD

Thats not a map anyone should be doing mostly due to phylact link being a total pain, melee or otherwise.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just ripped to an intense lag spike earlier this day. Funny thing is I had almost no mobs surrounding me, I had 12k armor, 7k HP and I relogged right after I saw the spike coming. So, apparantly, even after I relogged, my character was still taking damage and died ingame. Worst death ever possible. Solution: Take sledgehammer, smash the fucking stupid modem, call your technical internet support and tell them that their service sucks monkey balls, go to the liquor store and get drunk.
this is a big one for me...

1) Reflect... Basically, i use a TS ranger alot, like, its my only MF build, so 70% of the time im on PoE, its messing with that... after getting used to attacking elemental reflect with no problem, once i level an elemental self attack/cast build, i instinctively attack the elemental reflect... you can imagine that happens next

2) Rogue Exiles Strongboxes... The lagg is real, annoying, and should be fixed.

3) Stunlock on builds evasion based or ES based... hurts so bad.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
1. Called to eat dinner with the family.
Eat dinner ahead of family.

2. Dying from a Rogue Exile Strongbox Lag.
Get an SSD installed to a #MasterRacePC

3. Having to hold in #2
Wear adult diapers.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info