2 days in D3 and I am fully geared | In PoE we're still chasing carrots.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Perq should have checked out my post on p6. Damn carrot derailers.

Did, not disapoint. Solid read. :P Not agreeing with everything there, but nonetheless, you have some solid points. Uniques one is pretty damn solid - there are some uniques I absolutely hate for being overused by everyone. Hail Shackles of the Wretched!

By the way, my friends are playing D3 whenever the patch comes in. This time around they were playing for about a week... I can't tell the reasons myself, because I'm not really oriented on what is going on in D3, but I keep hearing from people around me that D3 is starting to be too narrow, that there is too little to do, too little too achieve, and so on.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 28, 2016, 1:14:39 AM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Lets face it, Blizzard designed D3 with an eye toward porting it over to console. Any ways to make the game better has to work with the console version also.

PoE would work on consoles, too. It's not really console-incompatible on a design/UI level, if you ignore the archaic trading approach. Like I said, I don't use more active skills in PoE than I do in D3. I think you have the same number of usable skill slots as well. PoE isn't all that complex as far as the interface and user/game interactions are concerned. The complexity comes mostly from the loot. I used to include the skill tree, but after those years with the game I feel that it's largely an illusion, and will be further restricted with the sub-classes.

The consoles don't have everything that the PC version does. The seasons, with the season journeys, are just for the computer version. Pet rewards, too. Think the transmog stuff as well.

I don't have any home consoles (just a 3DS and a Vita, and their predecessors), by the way.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Lets face it, Blizzard designed D3 with an eye toward porting it over to console. Any ways to make the game better has to work with the console version also.

PoE would work on consoles, too. It's not really console-incompatible on a design/UI level, if you ignore the archaic trading approach. Like I said, I don't use more active skills in PoE than I do in D3. I think you have the same number of usable skill slots as well. PoE isn't all that complex as far as the interface and user/game interactions are concerned. The complexity comes mostly from the loot. I used to include the skill tree, but after those years with the game I feel that it's largely an illusion, and will be further restricted with the sub-classes.

The consoles don't have everything that the PC version does. The seasons, with the season journeys, are just for the computer version. Pet rewards, too. Think the transmog stuff as well.

I don't have any home consoles (just a 3DS and a Vita, and their predecessors), by the way.

Lets see...

Active skills Q W E R T + LMB, MMB and RMB

That is total of 8 buttons. You have 4 main ones, 4 on the back. That is ok! (btw. people are calling for more hotkey slots, because they are running into some problems... just sayian!)

Movement is pretty self explanatory.
Aiming with things like Tornado shot... oh, uh... well. That wouldn't be nice to control. But lets say we can get over it, somehow.

Flasks. Using portal scrolls in combat for quick escapes. Using orbs. Well, not really compatible anymore. :P You could say that you would use some button combinations, but give the pace PoE has, you wouldn't have time to make some silly combos on your controller. :V

There are some games which are played better on PC and ones that are better played on consoles (or using controller, in general). I can't quite imagine using controller for PoE, tho.

PS. I have only 3DS, too. :P I'm using Xbox 360 controller for some games on PC, too.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 28, 2016, 6:47:25 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

Lets see...

Active skills Q W E R T + LMB, MMB and RMB

That is total of 8 buttons. You have 4 main ones, 4 on the back. That is ok! (btw. people are calling for more hotkey slots, because they are running into some problems... just sayian!)

Movement is pretty self explanatory.
Aiming with things like Tornado shot... oh, uh... well. That wouldn't be nice to control. But lets say we can get over it, somehow.

Flasks. Using portal scrolls in combat for quick escapes. Using orbs. Well, not really compatible anymore. :P You could say that you would use some button combinations, but give the pace PoE has, you wouldn't have time to make some silly combos on your controller. :V

There are some games which are played better on PC and ones that are better played on consoles (or using controller, in general). I can't quite imagine using controller for PoE, tho.

PS. I have only 3DS, too. :P I'm using Xbox 360 controller for some games on PC, too.

Sure you can. Hold down a trigger button on the back while you press one of the four main buttons gives you tons of more combinations.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Mivo wrote:
(D3 HC is probably harder than PoE HC, especially since you can't portal/log out in combat and your stuff gets deleted, not moved.)

lol, it's literally impossible to die in D3 HC if you don't disconnect. Because of stupid cheat death passives, and with some chars even more cheat deaths you can just chill on the background or tp to town when you proc. I only play HC on both games, and literally the only time I feel "rush" is when I DC in D3. It's pretty much exactly the same thing as sc, only when you "proc" you switch to hc but then you can just get out of danger and you're fine..

Every season that I play D3 I play less and less, since it's too easy to gear up. This season I played couple days and felt I already had everything I needed, cleared GR60 easily and it got boring. Don't get me wrong, it's fun couple days but after that can't see myself playing it anymore. PoE lasts so much longer for me. So, agree with OP.
IGN BURRNUS (HC), JAAKAAPPI (HC), KURIMUSi (default)
Diablo 3 is fun for a while but the way they just hand you gear combined with the the fact the hardcore feels sooooooooo easy compared to PoE makes me get tired of it real fast

that and I hate the fact that they force self found upon you.....
I dont see any any key!
"
jeeje wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
(D3 HC is probably harder than PoE HC, especially since you can't portal/log out in combat and your stuff gets deleted, not moved.)

lol, it's literally impossible to die in D3 HC if you don't disconnect. Because of stupid cheat death passives, and with some chars even more cheat deaths you can just chill on the background or tp to town when you proc. I only play HC on both games, and literally the only time I feel "rush" is when I DC in D3. It's pretty much exactly the same thing as sc, only when you "proc" you switch to hc but then you can just get out of danger and you're fine..

Every season that I play D3 I play less and less, since it's too easy to gear up. This season I played couple days and felt I already had everything I needed, cleared GR60 easily and it got boring. Don't get me wrong, it's fun couple days but after that can't see myself playing it anymore. PoE lasts so much longer for me. So, agree with OP.

you took the words right out of my mouth lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info