[2.1] HC Tanky 8 Auras + AA / MF Culling LowLife Build

So I don't usually make build guides but been playing for years and this one made me laugh at how stupidly tank this lowlife character is... It will has at least 224 IIR 18 IIQ, culling in a fun style instead of boring ass totems.

Reason for ball lightning / not totems = totems bore the fuck out of me, can be swapped out as you want.

**Either respec or get carried to level, this isn't a guide for solo play**

Bandits are kill-kill-kill
Skill Tree lvl 62 (put shavs on at this level or don't let me tell you how to live)

Skill Tree - lvl 80

Lvl 100 Tree

Screenshot of stats at lvl 68 - running all 8 auras + arctic armour (taste of hate phys reduction doesn't show - was 90% phys reduction with a granite that had %armour roll)
Spoiler

Screenshot of XP per hour at lvl 76 in dried lake (134k)

Video of a Solo Gorge Run in under 1min 30sec
Spoiler
You're in the wrong guide, this is a aura support/culler you don't clear mofo you need to find a good carry and then you will tripple their DPS and add rarity to the maps getting way more XP and money than solo play

Gem links (already in picture but I'll re-post here)
Spoiler
Alphas howl -- Generosity, Anger, Wrath an Haste OR Hatred (depends on party requirements)

Prism Guardian - Discipline, Grace and Determination

Heart Breaker - Chaos golem, Vitality & bloodmagic

Shavs (in this order depending on links) - Ball Lightning - GMP - IIR - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - In 6th socket portal gem OR you can run blood rage/enduring cry & get conduit

Gloves - Arctic armour, Vaal Haste, Vaal Discipline & increased duration (Don't link AA with inc duration as it has a mana multiplier)

Boots - Clarity, Blood magic, Generosity, Whirling blades

Items I'm using -
Spoiler

Reasoning for items
Spoiler
Alphas - Auras + immunity to freeze + armour due to IR
Prism Guardian - Auras + all res + armour + Es + dex
Shavs - Auras + survivability
Heartbreaker - Culling + ES + Mana
Rare items - Aim for ES > RES > IIR (You will need dex on 1 piece *110 in tree / 20-30 on shield* you need 159 if I'm not mistaken dex for level 21 green auras eg haste)
*NOTE* movespeed is a quality of life trait on boots - you are using whirling blades so you can skip it and get more ES/RES/IIR

~~ This is how the auras will work & are set up ~~ (need minimum 1152 life)
https://poe.mikelat.com/#LKHnUfKd/sIikdobc/YmZgZEPb/qkwDQsh/4xWBFk3/DGXOWFd

Pros
Spoiler

- Vaal haste is up ALL of the time (if it's not, get new carries)
- Can join public parties and laugh as people die to reflect because you stood near them
- The bigger the party the stronger you are not visa versa as with most builds
- Tank as a mofo with heaps of regen / can't be stunned / can't be frozen
- Good money making build due to IIR/IIQ map culling
- Free maps because you're the support everyone wants to bring
- Shavs is affordable without heaps of farming anymore so it's not as expensive as before
- Chill enemies with ice nova
- PHYS REDUCTION (Is on par with a groundslam/cycloner build)
- If someone runs purity of ice you get even more phys reduction OR you can run it instead of arctic armour

Cons
Spoiler
- Ball lightning isn't as reliable for culling as boring ass totems but in my experience you get almost everything anyway
- You might decide to swap ball lightning for flame totem making the build boring to play
- Leveling is almost impossible solo unless repec later
- Mapping is impossible solo (BUT people will swarm to your parties if you host free maps)
- Not that great until you get shavs and BM auras running
- People may often refer to you as a lowlife

With this build you will have a stupidly high amount of physical mitigation, grace + determination with iron reflexes. Using a taste of hate + divination distillate to get +16 max cold, arctic armour (14%) and chaos golem (4%). As well as a shit load of regen at 7.25% from aura+tree with zealot's oath to make it apply to ES.

Note I'm leveling at the moment but have made supports in the past & all sorts of other builds so while it's theory crafting at the moment it should still be viable and stupidly tank / fun. Should be able to pop at least 250 IIR with 18~ IIQ while flask is up mapping (without totems! YAY) This IIR IIQ can be improved by gear obviously, I wanted tankiness > MF (wondertrap boots = 100 IIR on lowlife boots could easily be added into build at the cost of MS and ES - you don't need MS because you'll be using whirling blades)

Unique jewels you want/need (Ideally corrupted to have *reduced chill duration on you* OR *immunity to silence* if you've skipped a remove curse flask like me)

If you want to ask me stuff about the build PM me with this name:
IGN - Maybon
Last edited by Maybon on Jan 18, 2016, 8:41:18 PM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2016, 12:39:33 PM
~~reserved post~~
good support build, double my damage and halved the time required to get to scrubcore
Screenshots added
Needs an update for 2.2 but until then ...

= Build Migration =

[2.2] "The Culler's Way"© [ES] [MF] [TANK] [SOLO] [PARTY] [ATZIRI] - Tankiest culler build in PoE -
* https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080666

[2.2] Culler-support. Now also budget! - Full MF | 12.6kES | 7 Auras + Guardian
* https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/943897

2.2 Necromancer Summoner Aura Build - New Player + Beginner Friendly (WIP)
* https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1600955

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info