End Game Mapping Build? 100ex budget

Hi All,

Looking for build recommendations!

I have an approx 100ex budget in standard and want to build a char specifically for clearing T12-T15 maps efficiently and reliably (except for Core). Uber/Core would be nice but is a stretch goal.

Looking for build recommendations as I'm no good at designing my own so prefer to build from a guide. Also I mostly play solo and prefer an active play-style.

Ideally I would re-roll an 82 scion I have (respec available) but can roll any new char if needed.

I currently have a 91 tornado shot ranger with respectable gear and a legacy saffels that I can draw from, in addition to the ~100ex budget previously mentioned.

thank you!

P.S. please link the build that you recommend!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1541692

I would suggest this one. SUPER OP.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Since you're a ranger already and probably have some of the gear, this will save you some exalts.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1550827
Git R Dun!
Voltaxic lightning arrow / Blast Rain

Super fast clearing mobs and bosses, it's ranged so safer vs some of the tougher ones, reflect immune and can do virtually any map mod, can easily add IIR / IIQ, and 100 EX is way more than enough. You can make an insane one that rips through T12-T15 for a third that budget.

MIne is ghetto, but I have no problem at all clearing any high tier map. You can just upgrade all gear spots better than mine and you'll be good to go.

"
VixTrader wrote:
Voltaxic lightning arrow / Blast Rain

Super fast clearing mobs and bosses, it's ranged so safer vs some of the tougher ones, reflect immune and can do virtually any map mod, can easily add IIR / IIQ, and 100 EX is way more than enough. You can make an insane one that rips through T12-T15 for a third that budget.

MIne is ghetto, but I have no problem at all clearing any high tier map. You can just upgrade all gear spots better than mine and you'll be good to go.

Thanks so far for the recommendations!

How are the voltaxic blast rain/lightning arrow builds in terms of durability?

I appreciate that with the current meta they are quite good from a dps perspective (with respect to total investment) but am worried they offer a similar defense mechanic to my current Tornado shot build (evasion). In otherwords what in these builds will prevent one shot deaths when my high evasion/dodge rolls unsuccessfully?

thx again!
The defense is pretty much just the evasion and run speed that comes with most bow rangers so I would imagine nothing too much different than your current tornado shot build. There's always the chance of getting hit with a big damage spike, but to be honest I run T11-15 maps mostly and die so rarely. And that's playing recklessly and fast.

The real advantage of Voltaxic is that you can run nearly any map mod, and damage scales really nicely with quite minimal investment.

If you were to spend 30 or 40 EX, Voltaxic lightning arrow is by far better. I've played both for over a year now and I can tell you that Voltaxic will really surprise you if you switch over.

But of course if you happen to have several hundred EX to spend, I'm sure physical tornado shot is far superior just due to the bows you can potentially get. Voltaxic hits a wall because there is only so much added lightning and WED you can get on gear.

But the purple blobs alone is worth it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info