Increase Damage With Poison???

Does It Mean You Do Extra Damage Against Poison Enemys Or Does It Mean The Poison Does Increase Damage Over Time?

Does This Mean The Fatal Toxin Skill Node Is Useless?

Was Thinking Of Making A Ts Build With Poison Gem And Fatal Toxin, But It Seems Weak And Pointless
Just Wondering
If I Have 100% Increase Damage With Poison And 125% More From The Skill Tree Giving Me A Total Of 225% Increase Poison Damage And Then I Have 100% Increase Projectile Damage, And My TS Does A Total Of 1000 Damage, So My Poison Will Do, 10% of 1000 Which Is 100, And Because Of 225% Increase Poison Damage And 100% Increase Projectile Damage, I'll End Up With 425 Chaos Damage Per Second And Since Poison Last 2 Seconds, I Get A Total Of 950 Chaos Damage?
"
LilyDaisys wrote:
Just Wondering
If I Have 100% Increase Damage With Poison And 125% More From The Skill Tree Giving Me A Total Of 225% Increase Poison Damage And Then I Have 100% Increase Projectile Damage, And My TS Does A Total Of 1000 Damage, So My Poison Will Do, 10% of 1000 Which Is 100, And Because Of 225% Increase Poison Damage And 100% Increase Projectile Damage, I'll End Up With 425 Chaos Damage Per Second And Since Poison Last 2 Seconds, I Get A Total Of 950 Chaos Damage?

no

all applicable "increased" modifiers will stack into one multiplier, including increased projectile damage
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
LilyDaisys wrote:
Just Wondering

no

all applicable "increased" modifiers will stack into one multiplier, including increased projectile damage

Err, isn't that exactly what he is doing? 100%+125%+100% = 325% total increased damage for the poison, and (1+325%)*10%*1000 = 425.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
May be a bit off topic, but how can i see how much poison damage i do with "The Consuming Dark" dagger?

I use Essence Drain and Contagion as my main skills, and With Bino's, Essence drain also poisons enemies near the ones that died, so as well as spreading Contagion they also spread poison (although not in such a large radius).

I'm trying to figure out if i should take those poison passives, or if it's not worth it.
Any thoughts?
"
Veprovina wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if i should take those poison passives, or if it's not worth it.
Any thoughts?

If you're pretty much happy with the amount of regen you're getting currently I'd skip them. You probably already have plenty of chaos/spell/dot damage bonuses so it will raise your regen by 20-25% at most, it would likely be better to spend those points on something that will affect both ED and poison.

However, if you're happy with your clear speed but not with your regen amount, go for it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 10, 2016, 3:11:21 PM
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
LilyDaisys wrote:
Just Wondering

no

Err, isn't that exactly what he is doing? 100%+125%+100% = 325% total increased damage for the poison, and (1+325%)*10%*1000 = 425.

yes, my bad, sorry

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
i kind of just want to post what my damages are and ask if people can calculate what they think my poison damage per second is.

i find it difficult factoring in increased vs more etc etc and all that, when theres so many layers to the damages and such. it gets pretty complicated for me (maybe im just too lazy to figure it out).

essentially i use blade vortex with chaos damage, physical, and fire (via added fire).

physical damage per blade: 283-417
chaos damage per blade: 237-534

so 10% of each is equal to 52-95. i have 225% inc poison, 75% inc chaos, 10% inc damage, and 32% MORE damage (8 frenzy).
so what is my poison damage per second per one stack? could you also show the work so i can see how its calculated out?

"
raics wrote:
"
Veprovina wrote:
Any thoughts?

If you're pretty much happy with the amount of regen you're getting currently I'd skip them. You probably already have plenty of chaos/spell/dot damage bonuses so it will raise your regen by 20-25% at most, it would likely be better to spend those points on something that will affect both ED and poison.

However, if you're happy with your clear speed but not with your regen amount, go for it.

I'm extremely happy with my regen. My health fills up almost instantly when i'm near a few poisoned mobs, which i do most of the time. Nothing one shots me yet, so as long as i have them poisoned, i can recover really fast without flasks from pretty much every hit when my evasion and dodge fail. :)

So not worth it then. Noted, thanks! I'll put those points towards more HP, or maybe mana per kill, and mind over matter for more mitigation... I'll have to see. :)

And i did get those 2 for the regen mostly, not for the damage, ED already does a good amount of damage on it's own, but i can also run Anger to buff up a bit of extra damage onto Essence Drain which is nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info